Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

WrightOfWay posted:

So doing some quick math, it looks like you cast 1 Ruin IV and 0 Ruin III's per 60 second cycle and only 3 of those GCDs have cast times, so this job is both insanely mobile and insanely set in it's rotation. This might be the successor to Stormblood Machinist I was waiting for.

What I like is that while the overall actions are set, the order isn’t. Obviously lining up with buff windows is one consideration, but I feel there’s going to be a lot of fight-specific planning to the tune of “I need to wait on Ifrit because I’m going to need to move soon” or “I should hold Garuda for when those adds show up”. Could be a really successful example of easy to learn, hard to master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Basically there's going to be a default dummy opener/rotation for summoner but in practicality what you do is going to change from fight to fight

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Did blm lose buttons?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Did blm lose buttons?

Lost Enochian, gained the insta-polyglot stack button, and you have reason to put fire II/blizzard II back on your bars with high fire II/high blizzard II

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Blockhouse posted:

Lost Enochian, gained the insta-polyglot stack button, and you have reason to put fire II/blizzard II back on your bars with high fire II/high blizzard II

You have to have Fire 2 on your bars for low level content anyway. Blizz 2 on the other hand... lol.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Once you hit max level BLM it is extremely inadvisable to do content that requires down syncing to anything below 70 on it imho

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Badger of Basra posted:

Once you hit max level BLM it is extremely inadvisable to do content that requires down syncing to anything below 70 on it imho

Not gonna lie I like when I get downsynced to that one range where you just got Fire 3 proc passive and you became proc mage.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

sweet geek swag posted:

You have to have Fire 2 on your bars for low level content anyway. Blizz 2 on the other hand... lol.

Blizz 2 was changed to work like Fire 2 so now it’s less of a joke.

But yeah the AoE rotation has changed from Freeze->Thunder 4->Flare->Flare with Fouls where you can to something like Blizz 2->Freeze->Thunder 4->as many Fire 2s as fit->Flare with Fouls where you can.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

hopeandjoy posted:

Blizz 2 was changed to work like Fire 2 so now it’s less of a joke.

But yeah the AoE rotation has changed from Freeze->Thunder 4->Flare->Flare with Fouls where you can to something like Blizz 2->Freeze->Thunder 4->as many Fire 2s as fit->Flare with Fouls where you can.

It'll be interesting to see whether you want to use three HF2s, saving one Heart for Flare like the trailer, or just do two to get your Enhanced Flare stacks. Probably depends on whether you can get another full round in.

I also noticed that Flare now requires Astral Fire, which gets rid of the Cold Flare variation. Kinda heavy-handed but w/e.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/ashara_xiv/status/1448400936087347204?s=20

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/sutavr/status/1448432832683065347?s=21

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Now it's Tataru's turn to shine!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I can't tell if that's disappointing or amazing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's 100% amazing both from a gameplay perspective of not having to worry about watching who your pet's hitting and from a looks perspective of this dumb little gem cat-fox toddling around waiting for you to tell it to shoot its gem laser at a monster's face.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I like it, both because it's cute and it fits with how the pet AI actually works. Instead of having to constantly worry about movement interrupting casts or the lag of orders messing up the timing on things, they're just hangin' out. And Bahamut and Phoenix are big boys, capable of auto-attacking without your input now, which is really nice.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Carbuncle feels very vestigial at this point. Only there to do 2 utility OGCDs, make it so you technically can't use the primal summons during Bahamut/Phoenix and look cute. At least it's good at the last one.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

WrightOfWay posted:

Carbuncle feels very vestigial at this point. Only there to do 2 utility OGCDs, make it so you technically can't use the primal summons during Bahamut/Phoenix and look cute. At least it's good at the last one.

As someone who mains Summoner that second point is like, at least half the appeal of the class. I really like my skittles rainbow of magic catdogs (and even the egis are neat) so I hope they never turn them fully into battle effects.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I hate the egis so having to see them instead of the proper summons below 90 is a MAJOR pain point. I wonder if egi glamour will still work, I'd much rather see Carby than them.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Eimi posted:

I hate the egis so having to see them instead of the proper summons below 90 is a MAJOR pain point. I wonder if egi glamour will still work, I'd much rather see Carby than them.

They said the egi-glamour will still work from what I remember.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

They said the egi-glamour will still work from what I remember.

Oh thank the gods.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I'm pretty sure you can glamour your carbuncle into an Egi, which isn't the same as changing the graphics on attack spells which appear to summon Egis.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I should be able to glamour the primal summons into gigantic carbuncles

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/Larryzaur/status/1448485399953805315

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

FuturePastNow posted:

I should be able to glamour the primal summons into gigantic carbuncles

Give me Bahamut-buncle

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I would've hated not having a persistent pet, because that's actually a real good roleplaying tool. So while they do feel a bit vestigial, I am happy they're still there. Kinda disappointed they weren't doing what I predicted and adding more abilities that interact with the pet's position, though. Lift some of BLM's Ley Lines abilities.

But honestly, the only part of all the media tour I actually found myself caring about was the Baldesion Annex's music.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/EENlX/status/1448563177319370752

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WrightOfWay posted:

They provide emotional support.

(note: carbuncles are manifestations of aetherial geometry and don't have any emotions)

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

(note: carbuncles are manifestations of aetherial geometry and don't have any emotions)

Except that Tataru is such a skilled arcanist that her cabuncle does have emotions and desires of its own

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It all makes sense now. Tataru wasn't a terrible arcanist, she was a too good arcanist.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Tataru's arcanist outing was her folding with a focus and intensity normally seen only in successes.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It was nice to see in Four Lords that she hadn't given up on Arcanisting

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Fister Roboto posted:

They provide emotional support.

...don't the carbuncle creators in the HW artifact quest treat them like emotional beings?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Jetrauben posted:

...don't the carbuncle creators in the HW artifact quest treat them like emotional beings?

That's because much like the Anima weapon they are doing similar poo poo to give a weapon/construct a soul/life. It's why you get the stuff from them. It's very much not a normal carbuncle.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Makes me think about the poor dopes downstairs at the guild who will be attempting to have their Carbuncles cast spells that no longer exist.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

The cool thing is that a multi-phase rotation that allows choices and changes in your phase order depending on the situation actually matches the tactician class flavor of Arcanist.

Finally.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hogama posted:

Makes me think about the poor dopes downstairs at the guild who will be attempting to have their Carbuncles cast spells that no longer exist.

It's fine, there are all sorts of NPCs in ARR content that have no problem using abilities that no longer exist :v:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Maybe the Arcanists' old spells still exist, and it's only the WoL that decides geometry is too lame and learns to summon Carbuncle just to have a cute little friend while they pursue becoming as gods.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The WoL is just poo poo at math, and only really gets skilled once they take up summoning. Evidence: Every run of Ridorana Lighthouse ever.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

sweet geek swag posted:

The WoL is just poo poo at math, and only really gets skilled once they take up summoning. Evidence: Every run of Ridorana Lighthouse ever.
The Warrior of Light feat. MC G'rawha in... "gently caress... Algebra"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
By the way, if y'all want lore-based story talk that's not about Endwalker for a bit, I made a video about the Scholar's home city of Nym.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CONX2LXbIWc