Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

The two corruption scandals in Victoria and NSW right now plus the varroa mite outbreak. Bee varroa mite outbreak set to cost beekeepers millions of dollars as government works to control spread (ABC).

Rowe:

Various Australian politics scattered about plus the foot and mouth outbreak. Labor resists calls to close border to Indonesia after foot-and-mouth viral fragments detected in SA (Guardian).

Knight:

Warren Brown:

Wilcox:

Lethbridge:

There is discussion about whether Cameron Smith, the Australian who won the British Open, will sign up to Norman's breakway Saudi backed LIV golf tour.

Leak, Son of Leak:

John Barilaro, former deputy NSW premier who is having staffers testify about how he appointed himself the trade commissioner job in New York.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

idonotlikepeas posted:

Hmm. It seems like there's a political party that is, in fact, willing to do something about this and make Congress do their job, and one that isn't, as demonstrated by votes that have already happened in the House. I wonder which party is which? Who can say? Certainly the rabbit must be meant to represent the party that intends to do nothing, right?

actually yes, that is the bill clinton rabbit which now represents donald trump republicans

the hillary clinton rabbit has big cartoon eyelashes and an H logo

you may be confused because they're otherwise completely indistinguishable because stantis refuses to address any actual party policies because he's incapable of whitewashing anything republicans have been doing to the point where his reasonable republican black hispanic female minor self-insert can say it

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Covid is just the flu, barely even a real disease, also it's going to kill Biden now so Harris can take his job

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Al Goodwyn

Walt Handelsman

Clay Jones

KAL

Steve Kelley

Marty Two Bulls

(They know about the typo)

Pedro X. Molina

Jack Ohman

Michael Ramirez

Drew Sheneman

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I saw one of those last week and had the same thought. Wonder if they’ll keep those stickers up if prices keep falling.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I'm curious as to the process that took the very obvious way of drawing the political cartoon concept literally described here and somehow ended up with this.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Silly Burrito posted:

I saw one of those last week and had the same thought. Wonder if they’ll keep those stickers up if prices keep falling.

Considering the national average is still well over 4 dollars a gallon and it's probably unlikely to fall that much more I'd say they're not worried about it and are happy to keep them up.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

]

Wait a loving second. That's a threadless bulb socket. Those bulbs won't fit.

...is this the joke?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Political Fairytales, 2022 Midterm Edition

Ted Rall posted:

Democrats say they have a plan to restore abortion rights and enact gun control: make gains in the 2022 midterm elections. But there’s absolutely no reason to believe that that anything more than a pipe dream. To the contrary, Republicans will probably control both houses next year.

First Dog on the Moon: Europe is ablaze, Italian glaciers are collapsing. The climate crisis is here!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kikas posted:

Wait a loving second. That's a threadless bulb socket. Those bulbs won't fit.

...is this the joke?
The broken bulb on the ground has bayonet lugs, so I think that is the joke rather than them just thinking that's what light bulbs look like.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Ok so ***T*** is probably BASTARD, **M* is likely drat, R***** is likely best left censored, real classy dude, now what about the others.

*R***... Frick? *A**** could be WANKER I guess, do americans call people wankers much I thought that was more common in the uk. ****R has me at a loss.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

idonotlikepeas posted:

Hmm. It seems like there's a political party that is, in fact, willing to do something about this and make Congress do their job, and one that isn't, as demonstrated by votes that have already happened in the House. I wonder which party is which? Who can say? Certainly the rabbit must be meant to represent the party that intends to do nothing, right?

The rabbit has generally represented Hillary in the past. Now it's... Kevin McCarthy?

twerking on the railroad fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 22, 2022

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

twerking on the railroad posted:

The rabbit has generally represented Hillary in the past. Now it's... Kevin McCarthy?

There are two rabbits, and the second one was called Kevin, I think, so... no clue, the comic is Incomprehensible.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

twerking on the railroad posted:

Senator Kevin and his wife Hunny Bunny.
Hunny bunny was Hilary

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Kevin is Bill Clinton. Hunny Bunny is Hillary.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Angepain posted:

Ok so ***T*** is probably BASTARD, **M* is likely drat, R***** is likely best left censored, real classy dude, now what about the others.

*R***... Frick? *A**** could be WANKER I guess, do americans call people wankers much I thought that was more common in the uk. ****R has me at a loss.
I tried one of those cryptoquip solvers

✵🗲*T%🍥🕱 EPIT?NU
R🕱&*🍥* RUDINI
*🗡️M🍥 ISMN
🗡R✵&🍥 SREDN
✵🗲🍥✵R EPNER
&A🗲!🍥✵ DAPHNE

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

As a Scholar in FFXIV, I also vow that ‘I’m ready to hit the ground on day one.’

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Can someone explain the joke to me because I don't get it. I know the expression is "hit the ground running" but I don't get the humor here unless it involves Liz Truss lawn-darting into the dirt Wile E. Coyote style. Which is a funny image but I'm not sure if that's what's intended here.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think it implies she trips and falls immediately.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Can someone explain the joke to me because I don't get it. I know the expression is "hit the ground running" but I don't get the humor here unless it involves Liz Truss lawn-darting into the dirt Wile E. Coyote style. Which is a funny image but I'm not sure if that's what's intended here.

https://twitter.com/richardcoops/status/1549777192749506561

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Skios posted:

Kellies Nomination: Best overall. Because god-drat did that one ever catch me off guard
I wish Luckovich would go for the throat more often like this.
The first good Bennett in years.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

:psyduck:
I just don't have words for how utterly goddamn stupid this one is. I mean, even by Bok's standards, this is just...wow.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm confident there's an almost identical one from several years back with a "so crazy" shooter and a good guy with a gun. It might be a Ramirez?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

So far, I'm disappointed with the lack of "let the Tories hit the floor" jokes.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm confident there's an almost identical one from several years back with a "so crazy" shooter and a good guy with a gun. It might be a Ramirez?

Pretty sure it was a Lester

fake edit: this one?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Trapezium Dave posted:

I'm curious as to the process that took the very obvious way of drawing the political cartoon concept literally described here and somehow ended up with this.

I think the message is supposed to be that the dems are loving themselves over because INFLATION, and that Manchin is doing nothing wrong and is being falsely vilified?

Discendo Vox posted:

There was a Lester one that was incredibly easy to AGC because even in the good guy with gun panel the "crazy person" still clearly shot someone, and the good bullet also had a trajectory where it looked like it was about to hit a bystander. I mostly remember someone made an edit where no one had any guns and it had fewer fatalities than either of Lester's versions.

E: yeah that one is definitely the one I was thinking of

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Procrastine posted:

And it goes right back to what I've said before about how these idiots are convinced that mass shootings will follow videogame rules.
Bok and Lester, you have a literal red devil and a guy clearly labeled as Crazy Person. There is no ambiguity about who the Bad and Good guys with guns are. If the cops rolled up in this fantasy world of theirs, once all the heat died down and it was safe for the cops to be within a mile of the area, they would automatically know who the good guys and bad guys were from a cursory glance.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

A perfect look into the diseased mind of conservatives, where YOU are the hero of the movie and could easily stop anyone else with a gun. Just calmly plant one between his eyes, then walk away from the scene.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

the_steve posted:

And it goes right back to what I've said before about how these idiots are convinced that mass shootings will follow videogame rules.
Bok and Lester, you have a literal red devil and a guy clearly labeled as Crazy Person. There is no ambiguity about who the Bad and Good guys with guns are. If the cops rolled up in this fantasy world of theirs, once all the heat died down and it was safe for the cops to be within a mile of the area, they would automatically know who the good guys and bad guys were from a cursory glance.

In their conception, the Bad Guys do look starkly different from them. It's very black and white thinking.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Procrastine posted:

That’s the one, thanks!

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Kellies Nomination: Most easily re-interpreted

since there is no context to the woman holding the sign appearing out of nowhere and no judgement being made on the sign I'm going to assume this cartoon is about how all women oppose the "good guy with a gun" narrative, and how that is a good thing.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A Fancy Hat posted:

A perfect look into the diseased mind of conservatives, where YOU are the hero of the movie and could easily stop anyone else with a gun. Just calmly plant one between his eyes, then walk away from the scene.

It also reminds us that their actual goal is to shoot bad guys, not to prevent innocent people from being shot in the first place.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Wow Stantis that's a really good point, the Dems are pretty reluctant to tell people to go out and vote, don't know why they refuse to do it.

loving idiot.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Liz Truss’s campaign to lead the Tory party – Truss has denied that she has been modelling herself on Margaret Thatcher, telling BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “I am my own person.”"

Telegraph:

" I will be the heir to Margaret Thatcher - If I become PM, I will deliver the radical set of reforms need to unleash growth" - Rishi Sunak

Independent:

Times:

Rishi Sunak facing fight to win over party that mistrusts him

Evening Standard:

Resurfaced video shows Liz Truss as monarchy-bashing student Lib Dem member; England captain Leah Williamson hails Lionesses’ mentality in Spain comeback: ‘We weren’t going home’

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

A Fancy Hat posted:

Yeah what the gently caress he's standing 2 feet in front of a man with a loving automatic rifle! Sure was nice of the armed devil to hold his fire for a minute while that guy got into position!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Her nostrils are still next to her face, not at the end.

I'm beginning to think the Independent puts these errors on purpose to keep people awake.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/KartoonistKelly/status/1550557243124289536?s=20&t=g2FXuh5GW1uGXFxW5s172A

New Kelly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I was going to comment about how torturing people goes against Jesus' teachings, but then again, I could see Jesus wanting some "one-on-one" time with "Prosperity Gospel" preachers and going old-school cleansing-the-temple on their asses.