Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (June 10, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Selachian posted:

Oh Come the gently caress On Russell 9/9-11/43

Scarlet O'Neil is what comics were invented for.

"I crashed into this guy so hard that he got pointy goblin ears and a hunched back! Well, as a plastic surgeon, I know my moral duty..."

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Nell Brinkley9March 24, 1908)

quote:

The Man Flirt, and What to Do With Him---By Nell Brinkley

Pound a punching bag for the first kind-the grime. And for the other kind, softly and sweetly turn your back.

MAKE a flirt once," said a Billy to me, "a man flirt. New York is full of him. He is the worst beast in this sweet world, for he is neither man nor woman-him!

"There's two kinds of him-the com- mon street kind that any Betty knows clear to the bottom of him at one little look, and the finer, more cultured soft-clothed, soft-smiled, but just as rotten, kind, that can mingle with and be one with the very cleanest and sweetest of lady- and mankind.

"This first kind is just grime, that irritates and sickens; but the other is a hideous thing that rouses murder in you.

"And yet you can't get hold of anything to murder him over, usually. He means nothing in the world. He simply eats and sleeps and makes nothing with his hands or head, and takes his pleasure of it, and flips his fingers at the wrecks he makes of lives-women and men.

"I tell you"-and the Billy's green gray eyes winked angrily "I tell you it's every man's business to marry and have fifteen children, if he's got the money to keep 'em, of course.

"A man has nothing to do with this thing of flirting. Lady Folk do it, but "But man! Pooh! If his flirting is some way we take it, for the smiles and sighs and little tricks of it, and not for the harder-hearted thing it's supposed to mean. And Lady Folk don't often mean that harder-hearted thing.

"But man! Pooh! If his flirting is only tricks and sighs and smiles, then he's a doll baby with a wax face, and we put up our shoulders at him, and even you Lady Folk widen your dainty nostrils at him and smile.

"But when he is a man with the same bone and muscle with the rest of us; when his flirting is the big thing in his life; when he hunts his game with a man's weapons, and decoys it with the same colors that the others of us wear on our sleeves to show our one woman the love and reverence we hold in our hearts for her-ah! bah!"

So here's a flirt-a man flirt and two or three more-and the things that the Billy with the green gray eyes says she should do to him.

Pound your brother's or your Billy's punching bag for the first kind of a flirt-the grime. And when he makes you too tired, slam down your muff and push your hat back and bowl him over; and then pick up your muff and hike you off in a hury.

And for the other kind, Billy says- you'll know him, because he'll tell you all those things that other men folk when they love a Betty tell her after a long time, too soon-maybe the first time you put out your hand to him and say "how do you do"-and then, Billy says, put up your little satin chin and hunch up your shoulders and droop down the lids of your eyes and quite softly and sweetly turn your back.

And if there's any other Betty or Billy around, or maybe a big bunch of them, why then it's all the nicer. And after that, you will always see the wall on the other side through this Billy, if you're a very wise Betty.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

JethroMcB posted:

Live Laugh Love

Y'know, I used to think that RiR was hands-down one of the worst comics in this thread (non-hate-crime division) but ever since I found all of those fetish strips* on the first page of google image search results, it's become a helluva lot more funny to me.

* = yes, yes, I know that was the previous author. The staggering unwholesomeness behind the saccharine veneer is what matters.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Scarlet O'Neil is what comics were invented for.

"I crashed into this guy so hard that he got pointy goblin ears and a hunched back! Well, as a plastic surgeon, I know my moral duty..."

I just realized what Craddlecap's original face must have looked like:

He's Bat Boy's grandfather!

Anyway, since I forgot it, here's Buni.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I also liked the Sunday strip to cap it off. It's... Very Watterson-esque in reflective tone.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PCgSNLHtiM

This dude better look like Handsome Squidward when the bandages come off. (Also: Uh-huh, one of those T-bone accidents between two pre-crumple zone automobiles that throws a person from the vehicle but leaves them completely unscathed.)

That puking panel is fantastic. The detail of Puck's word balloon being clipped by the PREVIOUS FOOTAGE chyron elevates the gag.

King poo poo

Cul de Sac

FoxTrot Classix

Non Sequitur

quote:

anoesis
noun
an·​o·​e·​sis

: consciousness that is pure passive receptiveness without understanding or intellectual organization of the materials presented

I want to see this Octopus vs. an Overboard Octopus

Rose is Rose

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Mother Goose and Grimm

(12/23/2002)

Frank and Ernest

(7/26/1994)

Ziggy

(12/27/1971)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Strontium posted:

Take It From The Tinkersons

:ohdear:

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

anoesis
noun
an·​o·​e·​sis
: consciousness that is pure passive receptiveness without understanding or intellectual organization of the materials presented

Ah, so that's what I've got.

Anyway that Non Sequitur was way better than the ones with the girl and horse.

Forum accident posted:

Mother Goose and Grimm

A couple years late on this one

Vintage Valiant (Mar. 17, 1963)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Erin's a square, Janis! Accept it!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Mar. 17, 1963)

This is now the most recent God of War games.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 7/2/61

DYNAPROPS!!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Cidwic with the Zapp Brannigan school of tactics. :laffo:

Solution: Slylock knows that Cassandra is down bad for him and the presence of Dabney Dog doesn't hint at the threesome setup she'd use to entice him. Carla must be in the bedroom.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

We justifiably dunk on FOOB but this? This one's for everyone who's thought "oh no, it's MY problem to deal with."

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Maybe she just really likes coffee, Slylock. Ever thought of that?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Maybe she just really likes coffee, Slylock. Ever thought of that?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

:aaaaa:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

dead fish because he overfed them or lots of baby fish

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Cooked fish due to an aquarium heater failure into over-running.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Short version today:

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (April 9, 1936)

Peanuts (May 16, 1977)

Oh, For Christ's Sake

FINALLY

Thimble Theater (December 15, 1940)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the fish have been shot

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The fish got handsome boyfriends.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the fish now have seaman style mary worth faces

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Doomykins posted:

Cidwic with the Zapp Brannigan school of tactics. :laffo:

Solution: Slylock knows that Cassandra is down bad for him and the presence of Dabney Dog doesn't hint at the threesome setup she'd use to entice him. Carla must be in the bedroom.

Clearly he checked the litter box.

The Family Upstairs/The Dingbat Family(November 14, 1910)

Baron Bean(May 15, 1916)

Polly and Her Pals(April 14, 1913)

Gasoline Alley(January 5, 1920)

Us Boys(May 12, 1912)

McNamara seems to have been ill at this point, as the next strip didn't appear until May 31.
The strip will continue on Friday.

The Gumps(June 11, 1917)

Bringing up Father(February 24, 1913)

Abie the Agent(March 2, 1914)

"Cap" Stubbs(March 25, 1918)

caribiner23
Apr 12, 2024

JethroMcB posted:

Erin's a square, Janis! Accept it!

This is taking a dive into neurosis. Now I hope Erin is secretly planning all-night keggers while A&J are gone.

And seriously. "420" has entered the common vernacular enough that even a square would know what it means in relation to catnip.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Stellan and Willa were fishnapped. Not for ransom or anything, just because it's funny.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (July 7-11, 2006)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I doubt Wilbur is the best fish keeper even at his most functional. A car has crashed through his wall and finally balanced the scales on the two lives he saved.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Mary Worth call the cops to do a wellness check, and they shot the fish immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kennel posted:

The fish got handsome boyfriends.