Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Super Mario 3, fittingly, was the game that came out when I was 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Carpator Diei posted:

Oh, I remember that one! Yeah, it wasn't particularly good, and extremely janky in some spots; it didn't even have weapon models, you just kind of emanated energy balls of various colours. In retrospect I'm a bit surprised that Disney allowed an FPS to be the videogame version of one of their movies.

i...actually remember playing that game, too. remembering this has just unlocked some part of my frontal lobe. wild.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Arivia posted:

And he puts in a guest appearance in the new/old hbomberguy video of all things (literally 49 minutes in) https://youtu.be/jbZo4x0NbbI

I watched the premier and thought "hey, it's cancer mouse in an hbomberguy video" and it wasn't until I noticed everybody in the live chat screaming "CIVVIE!" that I realized he does the voice. I always thought it was another person.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Carpator Diei posted:

Oh, I remember that one! Yeah, it wasn't particularly good, and extremely janky in some spots; it didn't even have weapon models, you just kind of emanated energy balls of various colours. In retrospect I'm a bit surprised that Disney allowed an FPS to be the videogame version of one of their movies.

I mean it's basically their most violent movie in the Disney Animated Canon(literally thousands of people die over the course of it) so not really that surprising

Catechumen remake when?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Nothing says Christmas like playing deus ex again. Still the best

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

site posted:

Nothing says Christmas like playing deus ex again. Still the best

Playing vanilla or with any mods?

In any case, Deus Ex is never a wrong choice!

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2332773947

Holy gently caress it came out.

The Black Mesa Classic Weapons pack was in development for longer than some whole rear end videogames lmfao.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Playing vanilla or with any mods?

In any case, Deus Ex is never a wrong choice!

I'm a Shifter gal. Bug fixes, a little exp bump, and the blackjack are all I need

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Sorry but this thread moves pretty fast - what was that Heretic multi-episode WAD that came out recently?

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Pyrolocutus posted:

Sorry but this thread moves pretty fast - what was that Heretic multi-episode WAD that came out recently?

Faithless?

cuc
Nov 25, 2013
https://www.resetera.com/threads/up...settled.350449/

Apparently the lawsuit on Descent (2019) has been settled, but nothing else has been known or released.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Overload was pretty great, but sold poorly. I don't think there's enough demand for a new Descent to warrant even 6 hours of legal discussion.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

cuc posted:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/up...settled.350449/

Apparently the lawsuit on Descent (2019) has been settled, but nothing else has been known or released.

I didn’t even know they were making this. Cool they’re able to release it now.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
poo poo thanks for reminding me that I have an Overload key from a humble choice bundle and should check It out soon

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Overload is... very good. Maybe the first weapon or two doesn't seem all that flashy, but in hindsight the game is brilliant and really challenges you in a good way.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
I gotta give Overload another try, I feel like I enjoyed it but one of the later levels made my laptop poo poo itself

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Overload also supports VR out of the box and is a total mindfuck with a headset on. Also the Xbox 360 controller is very smooth and feels surprisingly good for a 6dof shooter.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/KinoFabino/status/1342282151878946817

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
oh hey fpscarol is back

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Merry Christmas Early FPS thread. This and the milhist are my favorite threads on the forum.

Gonna celebrate this fine day by finally buying and playing DUSK. :)

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Merry Christmas Early FPS thread. This and the milhist are my favorite threads on the forum.

Gonna celebrate this fine day by finally buying and playing DUSK. :)

Enjoy, the game rips!

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Time to play through Nuclear Winter again.

Or you know.

Not.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
If Die Hard is a Christmas movie does that make Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza a Christmas FPS???

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

If Die Hard is a Christmas movie does that make Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza a Christmas FPS???
The criteria is: a lot of people do it on Christmas or a lot of people troll you by saying it is

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
At least Die Hard has Christmas in it. The greatest lie of our lifetimes is that Frosty the Snowman is a Christmas song.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
People insisting that Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie every year has to be one of the more annoying SA trends.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fame Douglas posted:

People insisting that Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie every year has to be one of the more annoying SA trends.

Not just SA, the whole internet. The whole argument was cute in 2008 but now it’s really getting tiring every year.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the new hotness should be acknowledging that First Blood is a Christmas classic

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Not just SA, the whole internet. The whole argument was cute in 2008 but now it’s really getting tiring every year.

Replace it with The Long Kiss Goodnight for some variety. Same bullshit, but at least it has a different label on it.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Any movie is a Christmas movie if you watch it at Christmastime.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Or if it takes place literally during Christmas.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
My festive period FPS is always Half-Life (or Black Mesa these days) as I remember getting it for Christmas back in 1998 and playing it through to new years :)

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Convex posted:

My festive period FPS is always Half-Life (or Black Mesa these days) as I remember getting it for Christmas back in 1998 and playing it through to new years :)

Same! Half-Life was the first pc fps I bought for myself, got it on December 6th when I was 12. Shot the final rocket in Nihilanth's brain at 17:40, January 1sth.

December is Half-Life month, is what I'm saying.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Desecrating the legacy of Half-Life by playing Black Mesa, not sure that's in the spirit of the season.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Keiya posted:

Time to play through Nuclear Winter again.

Or you know.

Not.

It's not nice to shoot Santa!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

Desecrating the legacy of Half-Life by playing Black Mesa, not sure that's in the spirit of the season.

I prefer BM :colbert:

Also I've played the original enough for one lifetime.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Steam member since December 21st 2004! Played Uplink around the same time 6 years prior and knew this would be a great game.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

But Black Mesa is good? :confused:

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Playing through a year's worth of Quake mapping highlights is my usual Yule tide tradition, in awe of the art that people create for this old-rear end game.

Edit: my parents got me Quake for my 11th birthday on December 22 in 1996. I remember the box so vividly. And before I even installed the game I put the CD in my stereo — which made me scared to play the game for a good while...

anatomi fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Dec 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

But Black Mesa is good? :confused:

Honestly the worst thing about BM is the uninspired soundtrack and that's easily fixed with a mod that brings back the original.