Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

EwokEntourage posted:

3 of them actually (Houston, San Antonio, dallas) with Austin at 11

that's if you're looking at strict city boundaries, which isn't a very good measure for statistical purposes as it is heavily influenced by state/local factors. specifically texas has been very open about cities annexing neighboring areas, meaning that on average texas cities tend to have larger city limits compared to other american cities, as well as lower jurisdictional fragmentation across the metro area

if you look at MSA numbers san antonio is like 24 between orlando and portland or, and austin is 31 between kansas city and cleveland

if you look at just city boundaries then jacksonville, florida is the second largest city in the us after anchorage and has the 11th highest population in the us, larger than san francisco, despite clocking in at number 40 as an MSA between milwaukee and oklahoma city

OddObserver posted:

That's some impressive force projection by the Japanese....

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

boner confessor posted:

pearl harbor was a relatively obscure territory in the atlantic, not even a state, and america lost its mind when it was attacked

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Covok posted:

Man, this thread loves to chickenlittle. Trump is a giant wimp. Emperor has no balls. He'll never go to war. It ain't happening. You can all relax.

...You know I had been assuming Covok was sincere before now, but suddenly I start to wonder if it's all a bit.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OddObserver posted:

Bombed that island right into another loving ocean

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/margbrennan/status/896044088050548736

Oh that Trump, what a kidder

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Spiritus Nox posted:

...You know I had been assuming Covok was sincere before now, but suddenly I start to wonder if it's all a bit.

I am sincere. I just don't actually think nuclear war is going to happen. It just seems too surreal and I'm amazed everyone is talking about it as if it's a very real possibility right now. I know it's damaging even if it's just a normal War but I still don't think Trump has the balls to do a real war. He's all talk, he likes Bluster, but an actual War is too much for a coward like him.

My main worry is he's too stupid to realize that before he's already started it. But I'm hoping that this just turns into two people who are egomaniacs yelling at each other until everyone realizes they're not going to do anything other than measure each other's dicks.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Spiritus Nox posted:

He vacillates to a ridiculous degree on a weekly basis. Either it's a bit or he's really really ill.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Spiritus Nox posted:

He maxed out his panic meter so much that it wrapped round to zero.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

There comes a point where a joke is so unfunny it becomes just a regular stupid comment

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

It's the polite way of saying he never means what he says long term.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

"I'm not against ____________ people, I just think we should round them all up and kill them."
"Look people who are against ____________ people-"
"You loving moron he just said he wasn't against _______________ people!!!!"

It's a SUPER common tactic that's just so frustrating, it's a circle jerk of people smugly blowing on their dog whistles and loudly declaring that you don't, like, KNOW know it's them making the dog crazy.

No puppet no puppet we're all the puppets!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/896047258277490695

Raise your hand if you saw this coming.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

uh ooooooh, lol

queue the navy jokes from the alt right.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The right to say what you want doesn't mean you can say it without consequence. What a poo poo head.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I'm just glad that this fuckers out of a job. He was always insufferable and now that I know he was hired because Trump I'm happy knowing he's out of work. The only thing that make me happier is if he is never listened to by anyone ever again. gently caress his white supremacy bullshit!

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Hmm which law did Congress pass that fired Jeffery Lord?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

boner confessor posted:

the bulk of the population didn't care when twenty some odd children were shot to death in an elementary school so probably not
They cared enough to form monstrous conspiracy theories about it, at least.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

biracial bear for uncut posted:

They should have let those fuckers starve to death on their loving boat.

99% certain that would have been in violation of maritime law. I think all boats have a duty to offer assistance.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Starting a new meme!

WH official says @POTUS was being sarcastic when he....................

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

I'm just glad that this fuckers out of a job. He was always insufferable and now that I know he was hired because Trump I'm happy knowing he's out of work. The only thing that make me happier is if he is never listened to by anyone ever again. gently caress his white supremacy bullshit!

Um, excuse me, but the Dems are the real white supremacists, because Woodrow Wilson

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

happyhippy posted:

Starting a new meme!

WH official says @POTUS was being sarcastic when he said the missiles are in the air

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Twitter should do one of those geofence thingamajigs so you can't tweet from a golf course or the white house or just in a little bubble round the stupid orange oval office

also NK should threaten to wreck some golf courses. just explode a random hole on each so nobody gets hurt but nobody can play golf properly either. or airdrop gophers or something

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

HappyHippo posted:

Hmm which law did Congress pass that fired Jeffery Lord?

V gently caress my life

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 11, 2017

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

WW1?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Starting a new meme!

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/896047474808418304

Covok
May 27, 2013

happyhippy posted:

Starting a new meme!

WH official says @POTUS was being sarcastic when he said America was a shithole while making GBS threads on the floor and claiming he won the 2020 election if you ignore the 300 million illegal votes.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I could quote from that Vanity Fair article all day but this bit is the loving rightwing in a nutshell:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/department-of-energy-risks-michael-lewis

"They were not scientists in any sense" is probably the nicest accurate description of the Heritage Foundation you can find anywhere.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

DreamShipWrecked posted:

While that was mostly flippant, I would say that the majority of the country didn't know it was even a part of us until they started being under threat. I do honestly wonder the response versus if they nuked, say, LA.

The GOP would immediately commission Rasmussen to see if the deaths and displacement of millions of liberals (and the resultant kneejerk vengeance swell) would enable them to realistically flip California in 2018 - well before even enacting legislation to send aid.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Does say 1917 in the corner...

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

happyhippy posted:

Starting a new meme!

Trump was just kidding around when he ordered a nuclear launch on Pyongyang, says radioactive pile of ash that was formerly Kellyanne Conway.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

OddObserver posted:

Does say 1917 in the corner...

Google Image Search tricked me and I didn't check the date.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

farraday posted:

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/895981907133030400

Is there a chin rubbing gif that eventually turns into a nuclear explosion?

the best fit is probably the one with the thinking face sun engulfing the earth

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Bicyclops posted:

Both of them just staring into the camera with the same, spitefully smug look, never-changing.
A dying walrus loving a worn out leather boot.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if covok is saying things are fine we should be very concerned

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
This could just be Madman game theory

Wait except that he's a actual madman

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The ability of the right wing to hide behind the first amendment while believing in a movement that would absolutely do away with the first amendment if they had the power to do that is astounding.

Also I saw on the news today that the stock market was tanking a bit with all this talk of war. How is that going? I figured Trump hasn't tweeted about how great stocks are today.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hollismason posted:

I'm fond of saying that Nixon was madman theory and Trump is madman practice.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hollismason posted:

The problem with a brokebrained sociopathic narcissist being president is that *he* knows he's gonna be just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It wouldn't do away with the 1st amendment but they would happily put velvet ropes around it and every other right and privilege.

• Locked thread