Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I don't think it would affect them - unless they make a change specifically to the scrap metal item, everything should still work.

(note: Because of the way the game works, scrap metal as a repair item does NOT actually involve a change to scrap metal itself - so there's no conflict there)

Thanks! Can't wait to see how hilarious the dialog would be playing as a robot. The Fisto scene in particular would just be awkward as hell, more so even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I'm running New Vegas on a Windows 7 machine with 16 gigs of memory and launching from the Fallout Mod Manager. Do I have to do anything to make the game Large Address Aware? Can I do that through FOMM or should I not need to worry about it?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

You will want the NVSE 4GB launcher instead of the usual NVSE. Get it off
http://nvse.silverlock.org/

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
Done except for the unique + carbon fiber mod

Just started doing this puppy again..

Chuck Finley
Oct 27, 2010

Wow, those look awesome. :allears:

Also, after downloading several separate minor bug fixes (Eyebrow beards, dog eyes, business suits, etc) I eventually figured out that the Community Bugfix pack is still being actively developed, just not uploaded onto the Nexus anymore apparently.

If anyone wants to take a look at it, you can find the site that hosts and compiles it here, pretty happy that this compilation still exists, and is actively compiled.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Nice :D I especially like the bluing on your retextures, can almost smell the gun oil :v:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I recently turned off your textures Arenovalis because I wanted to play around with WME (doing otherwise entirely screws up the texturing). Man, I'd forgotten what an ugly pipe the vanilla .223 pistol is - not to mention how tintwise it looks nothing like the gun from FO2. No weapon upgrade is worth going back to that travesty.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
WME has a compatibility patch which is updated very often since we are both FOOK members and talk daily :P

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arenovalis posted:

WME has a compatibility patch which is updated very often since we are both FOOK members and talk daily :P

Oh great! I'll look it up.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
You wanna talk ugly pipes?

Why yes, I cannot wait to put a .45-70 through that barrel :supaburn:

:toot:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I think I'm going to have to give Western Sky a shot. Nevada Skies looks really good sometimes but other times it's just weird. The sky will go from full bright to dark in an instant and some areas just look blown out and bad like the color intensity has been cranked up way too high.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
Son of a bitch :argh: Half my old mods are hidden now. I have to re-download them due to idiot pc repair techs, but I can't and now I'll have to deal with red diamonds in some places. Dammit.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Capn Beeb posted:

You wanna talk ugly pipes?

Why yes, I cannot wait to put a .45-70 through that barrel :supaburn:

:toot:
So which one of these is supposed to be the better one.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
What the hell? My save file will no longer load and sometimes New Vegas crashes on startup. All I did was try to switch out weather mods but I didn't even save the game. Why would going back to my original mod configuration not work? Does this happen regularly?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yodzilla posted:

What the hell? My save file will no longer load and sometimes New Vegas crashes on startup. All I did was try to switch out weather mods but I didn't even save the game. Why would going back to my original mod configuration not work? Does this happen regularly?

Sounds like what happened with my saved. I switched to the F3N Weather mod and it now crashes upon loading.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Well I found the fix! Apparently this sometimes happens with all versions of the game regardless of platform. If the game is crashing at the launcher simply restart Steam. If a save won't load all you have to do is start a new game and play until it autosaves for the first time (right before the vigor tester). After that your other saves magically work again!

:pcgaming: :obsidian:

e: alternately, rename the FalloutNVLauncher.exe to something else and create a copy of FalloutNV.exe and call that the new FalloutNVLauncher.exe. this bypasses the glitchy launcher that seems to hate Steam

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 21, 2011

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there any way to console yourself to a lower level? I tried forceav but that doesn't work. With Lonesome Road's raising the level cap to 50, I want to have enough XP to level up my signature weapons and armour.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
Goddamn, I can't install Lings again either due to the FO3 nexus download it requires being under moderator review. :psyduck:

Anybody have that, the RobCo Reflectron, and Desert Scorpion files? The lattermost is in the thread somewhere, but I can't find it.

E: Doomfunk's armor mod too, his filevo upload is down.

Goddamn nexus and filehosting sites taking down poo poo I need again.

Nuclear Pogostick fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 21, 2011

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Nice :D I especially like the bluing on your retextures, can almost smell the gun oil :v:

Mmmm... Hoppes No. 9...

Arenovalis posted:

Done except for the unique + carbon fiber mod

Just started doing this puppy again..

drat, that's sexy.

Herr Zealot posted:

Also, after downloading several separate minor bug fixes (Eyebrow beards, dog eyes, business suits, etc) I eventually figured out that the Community Bugfix pack is still being actively developed, just not uploaded onto the Nexus anymore apparently.

If anyone wants to take a look at it, you can find the site that hosts and compiles it here, pretty happy that this compilation still exists, and is actively compiled.

So, about this. I downloaded the one you linked, but I also have something called "Community Bugfix Compilation Patch" which says it's at version 1.10 and has "CBC Dead Money," too. The one you linked says "Bugfix - Community Patch" and is version 0.3.0. Are these the same thing, just different versions? The first one was on the Nexus, if that helps.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 21, 2011

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

I'm making a Legion melee character. Are non-critical builds (low luck, heavy-handed, no sneak, high DT, chems) just totally worthless?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Star Guarded posted:

I'm making a Legion melee character. Are non-critical builds (low luck, heavy-handed, no sneak, high DT, chems) just totally worthless?

On the contrary, they're awesome.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Mr. Crow posted:

On the contrary, they're awesome.
Awesome. Any tips? Should I ignore increasing VATS stuff like Agility/AP perks or go for that too?

The perk you get from Dead Money that increases your melee critical damage by 150%, and all the other stuff like better criticals, seems like that would make that kind of build far superior? I hope I'm wrong.

My other character is a stealth shotgun character and I'm just tired of doing the sneaky thing. I want to charge in and hit people with a huge rear end weapon.

edit: uh, sorry, I totally posted in the wrong thread.

Star Guarded fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 21, 2011

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Strudel Man posted:

So which one of these is supposed to be the better one.

The bottom one has the retextured Brush Gun.

Chuck Finley
Oct 27, 2010

Alasyre posted:

So, about this. I downloaded the one you linked, but I also have something called "Community Bugfix Compilation Patch" which says it's at version 1.10 and has "CBC Dead Money," too. The one you linked says "Bugfix - Community Patch" and is version 0.3.0. Are these the same thing, just different versions? The first one was on the Nexus, if that helps.

I'm not too sure if their both the same developers actually, either way they both do the exact same thing except this one is updated a lot more and won't break your game if you use it due to out dated fixes. And BOSS seems to recognize it and sort it despite it not being on the Nexus.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

CommissarMega posted:

Is there any way to console yourself to a lower level? I tried forceav but that doesn't work. With Lonesome Road's raising the level cap to 50, I want to have enough XP to level up my signature weapons and armour.
player.setlevel whatever

Note that by default, weapons don't level off of XP, but off of kills. Only armor is necessarily afflicted with this particular problem.

Also, just the levels 45-50 span contains enough XP potential to level up a piece of clothing 18 times, or a set of top-tier power armor 12 times.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Sep 21, 2011

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
So, bumbling around the Fallout wiki, I stumbled across this old full page ad from a magazine back when the first Fallout came out.

It is my opinion that somebody with better modding skills than myself should try and replicate the outfit the player character is wearing in the art there. Not much to go on for the armor other than it seems to be power armor with a really kitschy American flag/nuclear fallout kind of theme to it. The headband/goggles thing is pretty neat too.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

So, bumbling around the Fallout wiki, I stumbled across this old full page ad from a magazine back when the first Fallout came out.

It is my opinion that somebody with better modding skills than myself should try and replicate the outfit the player character is wearing in the art there. Not much to go on for the armor other than it seems to be power armor with a really kitschy American flag/nuclear fallout kind of theme to it. The headband/goggles thing is pretty neat too.

The goggles are already in New Vegas, but the "headband" I think is actually bandages (although there is a bandanna in New Vegas). American flag power armor is a great idea but the flag in that art is (ironically enough) actually not fallout canon since it contains a big square of stars rather than a ring.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

So I got LR, and when I went to play it, I started getting lag when you gotta kill the geckos. Like turning or opening the pipboy would cause between 2-3 second lag. I uninstalled the mods I had, and it's still happening.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bash Ironfist posted:

So I got LR, and when I went to play it, I started getting lag when you gotta kill the geckos. Like turning or opening the pipboy would cause between 2-3 second lag. I uninstalled the mods I had, and it's still happening.

K. Are you going to give us a load order or something? Did you defrag your HD after downloading Lonesome Road or are you just playing it where Steam put it?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

K. Are you going to give us a load order or something? Did you defrag your HD after downloading Lonesome Road or are you just playing it where Steam put it?

Well, I figured since I uninstalled the mods, the load order wouldn't matter? I didn't defrag, just playing where steam put it.

Edit: vv started a new game too. But I'll defrag my drive and see if that helps. I'm gonna have to do it tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 21, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bash Ironfist posted:

Well, I figured since I uninstalled the mods, the load order wouldn't matter? I didn't defrag, just playing where steam put it.

Sometimes even uninstalling mods won't fix problems if you're still playing on saves with old information. But definitely defrag your hard drive and see if your lag improves.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Holy poo poo, I think that's a Glenn Fabry piece. Pretty awesome to see two of my favorite things from two separate geeky hobbies randomly intersect like that.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Seashell Salesman posted:

The goggles are already in New Vegas, but the "headband" I think is actually bandages (although there is a bandanna in New Vegas). American flag power armor is a great idea but the flag in that art is (ironically enough) actually not fallout canon since it contains a big square of stars rather than a ring.

Yeah, I meant to say bandages. Just typed "headband" because that was what my brain processed at that particular moment. Also, the flag should actually be fine considering there's at least one propaganda poster in-game that features a soldier in power armor holding up an American flag that still has the square of stars on it.

Or at least I swore to Christ there was. Just looked it up on the Fallout wiki and the one I'm thinking of has the circle of stars. Fucker was in the Brotherhood bunker and I'm in Old World Blues right now, so I can't double check, but I swear there's a poster somewhere with the old flag design on it.

Either way, it's splitting hairs. Could have just been power armor that belonged to a guy who preferred the old flag to the new flag. Who knows? Who cares?

EDIT: Aha! I knew I wasn't loving crazy! I was thinking of a different poster than the one I looked up, it turns out.

Chinese Tony Danza fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Sep 21, 2011

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Strudel Man posted:

Note that by default, weapons don't level off of XP, but off of kills. Only armor is necessarily afflicted with this particular problem.

Yeah, but at this level, XP is faster. Also, does the XP gain take into account bonus XP from perks? Is it subtracted from the XP you get, or concurrent? Basically, if I turn off the XP penalty, will they still level up?

Blarfo
Jul 17, 2007

Strudel Man posted:

player.setlevel whatever

Also, just the levels 45-50 span contains enough XP potential to level up a piece of clothing 18 times, or a set of top-tier power armor 12 times.

I haven't played NV in a while, what's this about leveling gear?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Blarfo posted:

I haven't played NV in a while, what's this about leveling gear?

Strudel Man made a couple of mods that allow you to level up guns and armor in order to be more effective with them. The guns version is located in the OP.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Yeah, I meant to say bandages. Just typed "headband" because that was what my brain processed at that particular moment. Also, the flag should actually be fine considering there's at least one propaganda poster in-game that features a soldier in power armor holding up an American flag that still has the square of stars on it.

Or at least I swore to Christ there was. Just looked it up on the Fallout wiki and the one I'm thinking of has the circle of stars. Fucker was in the Brotherhood bunker and I'm in Old World Blues right now, so I can't double check, but I swear there's a poster somewhere with the old flag design on it.

Either way, it's splitting hairs. Could have just been power armor that belonged to a guy who preferred the old flag to the new flag. Who knows? Who cares?

EDIT: Aha! I knew I wasn't loving crazy! I was thinking of a different poster than the one I looked up, it turns out.

Yeah I guess that one was an accident, since the flag was changed well before power armor was invented (I'm thinking pre-1969 since it was some time before that that the states were merged into the commonwealths and presumably required the change in flag). e: my problem with the 'old flag' appearing there is that by the time of the great war it was over a hundred years out of date, it would be like someone today 'preferring' a flag with like 30 stars or whatever. Also it's possible that the modern flag never existed in the FO universe since that one was adopted in 1960 apparently.

Seashell Salesman fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 21, 2011

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
So has Lonesome Road broken anything yet?

I think I'm going to keep it unloaded for now while I finish up Old World Blues and that should give people time to figure out what, if anything, it breaks.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, but at this level, XP is faster. Also, does the XP gain take into account bonus XP from perks? Is it subtracted from the XP you get, or concurrent? Basically, if I turn off the XP penalty, will they still level up?
XP leveling runs off your own XP total. If you turn off the XP penalty, you'll actually level up faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Strudel Man posted:

XP leveling runs off your own XP total. If you turn off the XP penalty, you'll actually level up faster.

No, no, I'm talking about the weapons- should've made that clearer :shobon: If I turn off the XP penalty, will they level?

(Should we take this to the modding thread?)