Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
goons_itt.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Rad Tad posted:

first they came 4 the anime avs, then they came 4 the crowns, your days are numbered SA

Doesn't matter, fedoras are so 2013

2014 is the year of the trillby

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp

Mulefisk posted:

Doesn't matter, fedoras are so 2013

2014 is the year of the trillby

Men's hats went out of fashion 40 years ago, though

only women look good in hats

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Gravefront posted:

this is late breaking news folks, tune in now

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Max Damage is a good and decent man. How dare you :mad:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Gravefront posted:

Eh, cabbie hats can be cute, it depends on the guy.

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp

A. Beaverhausen posted:

yeah I mean if you're a fashion model or maybe Michael Fassbender you could potentially get hats to look good but let's face it, most men are not either of these things

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Yivgev posted:

greetings fellow hellmoo player

hello, im glad its dead

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
greetings

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gravefront posted:

u wrong dude

cuban guys in miami look tres chick in hats and also fat black guys in ivy hats

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Danger Mahoney posted:

u wrong dude

cuban guys in miami look tres chick in hats and also fat black guys in ivy hats

fashion is dictated by whites tho so they're just exceptions to the rule

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I did not intend for this to start :saddowns:.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A hat can be pulled off by anyone the important thing is to wear a hat that matches you outfit and the occasion and taking a bathroom selfie w/ your phone while wearing you 3 wolf poo poo is probably not a good time to throw on the 7/11 trilby you got for $15. If you ain't got on a shirt/jacket w/ at least 3 buttons you're probably never pulling off a trilby

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
#notallhats

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
It upsets me knowing that both sides could be taken a great deal more seriously if only they learned to go on a diet and dress like normal people

you could even say that it

triggers me

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

Cycloneman posted:

Also, I googled "David Aurini" and MRA, and he is not an MRA, and in fact thinks MRAs are pathetic liberal losers or w/e. He's a neoreactionary, which is an entirely separate (and far more hilarious) group.

In tumblr-feminist-speak, MRA just means "person I dislike or who disagrees with me".

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nion posted:

In tumblr-feminist-speak, MRA just means "person I dislike or who disagrees with me".

Pretty much

The word gets thrown around far more liberally than conservatives

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
lieberal

evilution

repooblican

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nion posted:

an MRA is just a SJW with a different hat

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Spanish Manlove posted:

an MRA is just a SJW with a different hat

the hat is a fedora btw

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Apparently "SJW" is just as bad as "friend of the family lover". :confused:

Four or five years ago I would have considered myself a SJW but these kids on tumblr turned it into a pejorative.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

the hat is a fedora btw

congratulations on getting the reference, and rushing to clarify it

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Nion posted:

I think that's really annoying and wish people would stop doing it.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Cycloneman posted:

I think that's really annoying and wish people would stop doing it.

gently caress you misogynist

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Isn't education supposed to make you feel empathy for everyone though? Not just the minorities but also the Male, Gamer, White, CIS (whoever else) scum? It seems that a big part of being on the left side of the political spectrum is accepting that an individual's outcome isn't (partially, largely, completely depending on your view) up to them.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Isn't education supposed to make you feel empathy for everyone though? Not just the minorities but also the Male, Gamer, White, CIS (whoever else) scum? It seems that a big part of being on the left side of the political spectrum is accepting that an individual's outcome isn't (partially, largely, completely depending on your view) up to them.

wh not have a hit off this

*passes blunt respectfully toward u*

Skallagrimsson
Aug 7, 2003

Straining my strength I grappled,
Staggered the wordy foeman;
My tooth I bade bite him.
Best of swords at need.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

she isn't as smart or as groundbreaking as she thinks she is but her "opponents" are so totally vile I feel bad for saying anything critical about her

That's my opinion on her as well. I enjoy lots of gratuitous sex & violence in my games sometimes, but there's no valid reason to go nuts on someone pointing out that they personally find it a bad thing.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

whiteproblems.txt

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
PSA: Paperboy hats look like poo poo and you look like poo poo if you wear them so thanks for giving me something to laugh at you argyle-sweatered toads.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Spanish Manlove posted:

congratulations on getting the reference, and rushing to clarify it

*nods respectfully towards you*

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Twelve Batmans posted:

PSA: Paperboy hats look like poo poo and you look like poo poo if you wear them so thanks for giving me something to laugh at you argyle-sweatered toads.

paperboy hats with cokebottle glasses :yum:

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Doublestep posted:

paperboy hats with cokebottle glasses :yum:

makes all the tumblr "ladies" go :dong:

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
So this is all because ZQ is a cyber juggalo in the internet band Insane Cuck Possee right?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Skallagrimsson posted:

That's my opinion on her as well. I enjoy lots of gratuitous sex & violence in my games sometimes, but there's no valid reason to go nuts on someone pointing out that they personally find it a bad thing.

The trouble isn't that she's against anything, it's the sensationalism and sleazy campaigning going on. It's like anti-gaming lawyer Jack Thompson has a daughter, except instead of courts of law she's teaching tumblr kids and gaming journalists to be attack dogs for her.

Then it's one of those things where if someone's doing something dirty, 4chan will do it back to them times 10,000. Hence the shitstorm that's been flying around.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah but there's been very little consequence for Zoe. She's making about $1200 (maybe more) more a month than she was when this poo poo started and she has a lot more name recognition now.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
just checked the OP

:swoon:

Eustachy
May 7, 2013
Theres no difference between this crap and the histrionic super serious drama you can find going on in any garden variety trailer park on any given night where they call the cops and the cops have to tell everyone to not call the cops if its for something retarded

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yeah but there's been very little consequence for Zoe. She's making about $1200 (maybe more) more a month than she was when this poo poo started and she has a lot more name recognition now.

And people who only casually followed it / listened to what their twitter friends had to say about it would believe she was just another Anita-style figure that was the target of an internet hate campaign because she's a high profile woman in the gaming industry. She walks away from this nicely.

If this scandal doesn't somehow discredit her entirely in the industry, she's going to be all the more powerful a voice in it, especially with Phil Fish and Tim Schafer supporting her.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
"Made another lump sum by crying that people were being mean to me on the internet! Woo! Five Guys for me tonight!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Spiky Ooze posted:

Labeling people is the way to a just society?

The way to a just society is annihilating all sapient life.

• Locked thread