Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

no? I support tim's jihad against the FBI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
except tim already spreads icloud wide on command for the feds, remember?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i just don't care if someone sees my penis because I'm older than like, 20. also I don't create pictures of my dick or other irresponsible things

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

as opposed to all the other cloud photo services from google, microsoft, dropbox, amazon and yahoo which are well known for their staunch civil liberties stances

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
apple: well they did it first!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

if you don't mind some edward snowden looking motherfucker rubbing one out to your vacation pics and e-stalking your girlfriend, yeah icloud is totally worth paying for

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

:shrug:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i dont care about the politics of icloud. theres still over 400MB of space left and i just want to stop the emails. how do i stop them. or is turning it off literally the only way

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

is turning it off literally the only way

you know in your heart what you must do

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

i dont care about the politics of icloud. theres still over 400MB of space left and i just want to stop the emails. how do i stop them. or is turning it off literally the only way

sounds to me like you're holding it wrong

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it's hella convenient when my pics are auto downloaded to my ipad and macbook

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hey shaggs, you think microsoft will make a reasonably sized phone once the iphone se drops?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

THC posted:

it's hella convenient when my pics are auto downloaded to the national security apparatus

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
apple is working on end to end encryption for icloud too so even they can't access it

until then disable icloud, i disabled it after the fappening because i obviously have dozens of hackers trying to access to my sweet sweet nudez

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk. I think the phablet is here to stay. they might do one w/ the same screen size but w/ smaller/no bezel.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Jenny Agutter posted:

go to settings>icloud>photos, turn off icloud photo library, download photos & videos if it asks

go back out to icloud settings, scroll down to backup, turn that off

go back out to icloud settings, scroll up to the top and select Storage, then Manage Storage. then you can delete photo library and your device backups

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that's a shame really. the lumia 800 was pretty tight until it bascially stopped working on the internet because ms killed off its platform

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

infernal machines posted:

you know in your heart what you must do

good to know that if i want to avoid annoying upselling tactics i should buy android

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
tim always pushes to make them attachment figures go up up up

who cares if it's damaging the brand or degrading the user experience, the numbers must increase

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

good to know that if i want to avoid annoying upselling tactics i should buy android

sorry bruv, apple's focus is now on selling accessories and tie-in subscriptions

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsjZ2r9Ygzw

apple is good

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

if you don't mind some edward snowden looking motherfucker rubbing one out to your vacation pics and e-stalking your girlfriend, yeah icloud is totally worth paying for
just thought about it some more and nope, still don't care

i get why some people might be bothered by that and that's fine, they should opt out of photo sync

but personally if someone i'll never meet irl is secretly wanking to pictures of scenery and concerts and fully clothed people, that doesn't bother me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that makes you a bad person

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

apple is winning this

except if trump gets elected lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

poty posted:

apple is winning this

except if trump, cruz, rubio, kasich or clinton gets elected lol

ftfy

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

everyone of them but trump will come around when a room full of billionaires tells them they're an idiot

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

echinopsis posted:

that makes you a bad person
i was more mad when a photo i posted to TCC of some bunk ecstasy pills i bought ended up in a bunch of news stories credited to some "journalist"

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

everyone of them but trump will come around when a room full of billionaires tells them they're an idiot

on the other hand maybe listening to billionaires, ever, is not a good idea

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

THC posted:

i was more mad when a photo i posted to TCC of some bunk ecstasy pills i bought ended up in a bunch of news stories credited to some "journalist"

you should care about your privacy man, or at least care that privacy gets violated. otherwise youre complicit in all sorts of bogus poo poo that happens around the world

*iranian girl gets head chopped off because photo of her not wearing hijab surfaces from icloud leak*

"welp i don't care if someone rubs one out to a picture of my hydrangas"
      /
forums loser THC

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that is honestly the stupidest thing i have seen posted all day

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i've been reading the alex levert thread in gibbis out of boredom, and even in that whitenoise cesspit fueled by a schizophrenic, no one has managed to write anything as mind-blowingly retarded as that

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

echinopsis posted:

you should care about your privacy man, or at least care that privacy gets violated. otherwise youre complicit in all sorts of bogus poo poo that happens around the world

*iranian girl gets head chopped off because photo of her not wearing hijab surfaces from icloud leak*

"welp i don't care if someone rubs one out to a picture of my hydrangas"
      /
forums loser THC

I do care, and i acknowledge that icloud isnt encrypted, but if you're me then it's fine and convenient

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

also even if it was encrypted it wouldnt save you from people finding out your password and downloading all your poo poo. maybe don't use cloud services if you have reason to worry about that sort of thing.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i argued against backdoors and surveillance in the other thread. also referred to the alphabet security agencies as untrustworthy criminals. but i guess that doesnt stoke the bizarre hateboner you have for me so you must not have noticed those posts

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"i use and enjoy apple products"

*quivering with rage, echopenis chews a mouthful of xanax to calm himself*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's me, i'm the canadian man who by general indifference to the machinations of US federal law enforcement is responsible for the death of an iranian girl

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

gas

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

it's me, i'm the canadian man who by general indifference to the machinations of US federal law enforcement is responsible for the death of an iranian girl

thats our THC

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i've been reading the alex levert thread in gibbis out of boredom, and even in that whitenoise cesspit fueled by a schizophrenic, no one has managed to write anything as mind-blowingly retarded as that

:smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

THC posted:

"i use and enjoy apple products"

*quivering with rage, echopenis chews a mouthful of xanax to calm himself*

*makes 4 posts in a row, fiercly defending the right of the nation of iran to slice heads off poor girls in exchange for keeping the cost of icloud services low*

• Locked thread