Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

you imbecile. you jackass. you complete and utter buffoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yes please explain how that lovely music is good, I like to laugh

you strike me as someone who has posted at length about how much you hate jazz

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Alaois posted:

you strike me as someone who has posted at length about how much you hate jazz

You strike me as someone who really likes a bad piece of music from an anime called Paprika

Anyway is Touch the Skyrim moving on from Modern Luigi? The last episode had an air of finality to that arc. Honestly I'm not sure where they can even go from here. Are there Skyrim mods crazier than the ones they've already done?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Griffin said that this particular iteration is mod-light and the Mario one is the main event, so I can't imagine it has another episode in it.

EDIT: drat, CGI's schedule really does vary.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 29, 2017

Segway Rave
Dec 25, 2011

this is stanley barton he is the brother of the king and feels sad alot because other people don't like him much they say hes boring and not fun
I love all the ridiculous comparisons they throw out in Monster Factory, but "he looks like a Bloodborne level" from the latest Touch the Skyrim might just take the cake.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I'm at the vet and they're playing that piece from Car Boys and I'm getting nervous. :ohdear:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The Modern Leper posted:

I'm at the vet and they're playing that piece from Car Boys and I'm getting nervous. :ohdear:

Clair de lune? That's one of the songs that plays regularly on the large screen near my work, often around the time I go for a morning coffee. It doesn't exactly unsettle me, but I think I've been conditioned to expect something when I hear it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

The Modern Leper posted:

Don't take your eyes off of your pet for even a second, or they might get torn apart piece by piece and thrown across town.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Whenever I am reminded of it, I find myself surprised that the McElroys have never talked about the Dilberito on one of their shows. Not only is it right up their alley, it also has one of the best pages on wikipedia.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
SCOTT ADAMS FOODS, INC.!!!!?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

quote:

Adams himself noted "[t]he mineral fortification was hard to disguise, and because of the veggie and legume content, three bites of the Dilberito made you fart so hard your intestines formed a tail"

oh my god

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Anything made by Scott Adams Foods, Inc is like the candy YOU HAVE to check before your kids eat it on Halloween.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yes please explain how that lovely music is good, I like to laugh
when you listen to it with your ears and the stuff that's inside them and it's good and cool and creates a really interesting/surreal tone, fitting for both the movie it was made for and also the part from that recent video by these internet entertainers we all like

oh but it's from an anime *fart noise* guess it sucks, sorry Susumu Hirasawa and Satoshi Kon for being visionaries and exemplars of a craft which doesn't count anymore by decree of the internet

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

IronicDongz posted:

when you listen to it with your ears and the stuff that's inside them and it's good and cool and creates a really interesting/surreal tone, fitting for both the movie it was made for and also the part from that recent video by these internet entertainers we all like

oh but it's from an anime *fart noise* guess it sucks, sorry Susumu Hirasawa and Satoshi Kon for being visionaries and exemplars of a craft which doesn't count anymore by decree of the internet

It's not bad. It's certainly not "visionary", though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Who What Now posted:

It's not bad. It's certainly not "visionary", though.

Crocoswine posted:

you imbecile. you jackass. you complete and utter buffoon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh my loving god shut up

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gas this thread

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there is a loving (well was) scott adams foods, inc, gas the wORLD

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

quote:

a concept he called "the blue jeans of food."

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

gas this thread

Why, because I think anime is merely alright and not the pinnacle of human art? That's pretty silly.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Why, because I think anime is merely alright and not the pinnacle of human art? That's pretty silly.

wow, you incorrigible racist

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is like that trope in movies where the common enemy has finally reveal itself but the factions still fight among themselves despite there being a SCOTTIE ADAMA FOODSTUFF INCORPORATION

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

scott adams is more unintentionally funny than 2/3rds of the mcelroys are intentionally funny

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Why do you even post in this thread?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Alaois posted:

scott adams is more unintentionally funny than 2/3rds of the mcelroys are intentionally funny

This is the Scott Adams Foods Inc. of internet posts.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This is the Scott Adams Foods Inc. of internet posts.

have you ever read his blog, it's incredible for none of the reasons he thinks it is

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Alaois posted:

Oh right you're THAT weirdo

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

IronicDongz posted:

Hm, weak analysis but you technically completed the assignment and made no spelling errors, C+

I didn't even know it was from an anime, when I heard it on the car boys it just sounded very bad and I wanted very much for it to stop. I thought it was from a video game or some such. Honestly I'm amazed how defensive you and that other dude are getting about it but maybe it really is incredibly important to defend anime as a legitimate art form when nobody suggested it's not, I dunno, you do you.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

i speak nothing but objective truths

Colonel Whitey posted:

Hm, weak analysis but you technically completed the assignment and made no spelling errors, C+

I didn't even know it was from an anime, when I heard it on the car boys it just sounded very bad and I wanted very much for it to stop. I thought it was from a video game or some such. Honestly I'm amazed how defensive you and that other dude are getting about it but maybe it really is incredibly important to defend anime as a legitimate art form when nobody suggested it's not, I dunno, you do you.

like how this guy's a fuckin loser with a weird fixation on anime

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

flatluigi posted:

It's an ugly truth, but there's no need to shoot the messeneger.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I know you're just doing a troll thing but it's really the only bad thing about this thread

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if anyone is a loving loser with a fixation on anime in this thread its me, SO SHUT UP ALAOIS BEFORE I GO SCOTT ADAMS FOODS, INC ON YOUR BUTT

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

I know you're just doing a troll thing but it's really the only bad thing about this thread

I'm only doing it because of how awful this thread is to begin with

Snooze Cruise posted:

if anyone is a loving loser with a fixation on anime in this thread its me, SO SHUT UP ALAOIS BEFORE I GO SCOTT ADAMS FOODS, INC ON YOUR BUTT

no please my butt is weak and the Dilburrito would cause irreparable damage :(

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Actually this thread is good, and nice. Except for that one person who really doesn't like you in particular for some reason.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I thought the song didn't fit either but the ep was amazing and also who cares

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Why hasn't anyone mentioned that the Paprika song was completely in sync with the blob deforming and reforming for a good stretch? I thought that was pretty cool.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Japanese "Anime" could rise to a legitimate art form, as with the intricate and haunting post-apocalyptic classic Akira,

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I would pay anything for this thread to never talk about anime ever again

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Japanese "Anime" could rise to a legitimate art form, as with the intricate and haunting post-apocalyptic classic Akira,

While the anime "Akira" is well animated, directed, and acted. The Manga as a whole is better plotted, more creative and daring in it's illustration, and as a whole a more substantial work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm very sad re: what this thread has become