Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Have some previews.

Atelier Firis, Idol Death Game TV, 10 Second Ninja X,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Idol Death Game TV is really upsetting. Like, Corpse Party upsetting. (I really can't play that game.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Takoluka posted:

Idol Death Game TV is really upsetting. Like, Corpse Party upsetting. (I really can't play that game.)

What is it with animurder games on the Vita

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I mean, I guess it's "good" that if the Vita's going to be the "you're on a watchlist" console, it covers all the bases.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Takoluka posted:

Apparently it's not permadeath so maybe it's not so bad. They're just being brutally murdered and revived over and over again for a TV show :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently it's not permadeath so maybe it's not so bad. They're just being brutally murdered and revived over and over again for a TV show :v:

This really sounds uncomfortably like someone's fetish.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I don't love the idea of murdering idols but I do love idols and murder games so I'm cautiously excited

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Idol Death Game TV looks like it is trying very hard to be as Danganronpa as possible. I wonder if it will get a western release.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Has anyone experienced their eyes starting to hurt when playing on the vita? I have an oled vita and never before have I had a problem with it. I have played alot of games on it. but as I was playing danganronpa 2, my eyes started to hurt when staring at the screen. I tried turning off the brightness, didn't help. Other vita games don't have this issue. it's only Danganronpa 2

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ImpAtom posted:

I mean, guro is a thing, and it's horrifying awful. The original PC Corpse Party's genre was "eroguro," according to its DVD case.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

13/f/cali posted:

Idol Death Game TV looks like it is trying very hard to be as Danganronpa as possible. I wonder if it will get a western release.

the mastermind will secretly turn out to be Maizono, calling it now

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

corpse party sucks

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I don't get why you'd make a death game where the deaths don't last.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

I don't get why you'd make a death game where the deaths don't last.

So you can kill them again, and again, and again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Takoluka posted:

I mean, guro is a thing, and it's horrifying awful. The original PC Corpse Party's genre was "eroguro," according to its DVD case.

Basically every single line in this sentence is something I am deeply unhappy to hear about.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

corpse party had some dumb lines but it didn't really feel like it was there for people to get off on. unless people really love hemorrhoids.

the later games are weirder about that tho

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

Perhaps the same could be said of all games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also if the deaths aren't that graphic the idol death game thing could be an interesting metaphor for the entertainment industry's casual dismissal of entertainers' emotional and physical needs and wants, and if the deaths are very graphic itll be weird

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Endorph posted:

corpse party had some dumb lines but it didn't really feel like it was there for people to get off on. unless people really love hemorrhoids.

the later games are weirder about that tho

For some people, it's less about pantyshots and more about listening to suffering. Like, the audio mastering on the PSP version was so well done that I literally could not play the game after hearing the scenario where someone gets buried alive. It was so incredibly upsetting I have not come back to Corpse Party since. And some people, like the people who are way into stuff like Saw, really like those scenes.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i am interested in the dangan ronpa idol game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

uhhh

i think it was meant to be horrifying and upsetting not erotic

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Takoluka posted:

For some people, it's less about pantyshots and more about listening to suffering. Like, the audio mastering on the PSP version was so well done that I literally could not play the game after hearing the scenario where someone gets buried alive. It was so incredibly upsetting I have not come back to Corpse Party since. And some people, like the people who are way into stuff like Saw, really like those scenes.

This does not mean they were intended for people to masturbate to, though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I don't think people were supposed to get off to corpse party, I just think it's bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i really liked the first game because it ended on a kind of hopeful, sweet note, with everyone having learned a lesson and moving on with their lives

then the sequels just got dumb

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Junpei Hyde posted:

This does not mean they were intended for people to masturbate to, though.

Like I said, the game's genre on the PC version's DVD case says "eroguro" or "erotic guro". Take that however you will.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Literally The Worst posted:

Gundam Breaker 3 came this morning

I am excited

It's good :)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you sure know a lot about erotic guro

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

i really liked the first game because it ended on a kind of hopeful, sweet note, with everyone having learned a lesson and moving on with their lives

Did it? like half their friends were erased from existence.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Did it? like half their friends were erased from existence.
yeah but the other half got out and the one girl got to hear satomi arai's last message telling her she loved her and hopeful music played and that saved the day

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

That being said BoS was bad and I still haven't started blood drive, which I should play at some point.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

prediction: it's also bad

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

also if the deaths aren't that graphic the idol death game thing could be an interesting metaphor for the entertainment industry's casual dismissal of entertainers' emotional and physical needs and wants, and if the deaths are very graphic itll be weird
On the one hand, cool idea. On the other hand, D3 Publisher.
It's stupid good, I have never interacted with Gundam in any way and managed to become an instant addict. GB2 coming in on Friday right after grad school finishes too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Blood Drive is awful, and also I don't think we're going to get Corpse Party level death out of the people responsible for The Irregular at Magic High School: Out of Order.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Endorph posted:

i mean, i can read

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I actually liked the original corpse party because it felt like the protagonists that survived actually accomplished something. You have this giant twisted hellish maze of a school filled with some of the most nightmarish things (and deaths!) I've seen in a game. There's a heavy implication hanging in the background that it's killed hundreds and hundreds of students across Japan that simply get wiped from everybody's memories upon death, destroying every ounce of an existence you may have once had, and that there's no way to get out once you end up there.

And then you do it, you manage to get out. But it's not even really happy because it's clear all of the surviving protagonists are still very loving messed up over everything that happened and will never be the same.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

I do as well

Here's what I know

It's bad

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I do not think Idol Death TV Game will be erotic guro.

If it is then I'll something something etc

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sorry about the tangent, everyone. Corpse Party just upsets me a bit.

Vita games.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I'm interested in the idol death game, and not in an erotic way. It might actually be an interesting take on the industry, depending on how deep/shallow they want it to make, and a good rhythm/music game to boot. D3 makes EDF, but they also made the tactical pantyshot action game, so we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

corpse party is cool because it has satomi arai in it