Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

We should all pledge what we spent on the game. Let's double down, boys! ... I have about half that in the bank atm but I swear as soon as I have it I'm in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I would put down money for a galcactus.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

i'm the 5 misspellings of dungeon

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I think I know who this poster is. There was a guy on the O who couldn’t spell poo poo right for the life of him, even with guidance to take time to spell check or just review your posts and he would butcher just about anything, ESL or not.

If it’s who I think it is, he had very brave ideas for the characters, all of which would get crushed by other idiot O posters. Like, long, awful posts with poo poo like “make Silver Surger has laser beams coume out of his eyes and use mana and health pot for comsnune and then have new resource very new resources!! where he can zip and zag through continents in the game, ok?”

He called Galactus as a raid boss and said “put Guillermo in the game” or some poo poo. He rocked.

comixfan yeah

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If it’s who I think it is, he had very brave ideas for the characters, all of which would get crushed by other idiot O posters. Like, long, awful posts with poo poo like “make Silver Surger has laser beams coume out of his eyes and use mana and health pot for comsnune and then have new resource very new resources!! where he can zip and zag through continents in the game, ok?”

He called Galactus as a raid boss and said “put Guillermo in the game” or some poo poo. He rocked.

:vince:

Post more about this glorious glorious person.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Praise weed galcactus

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

HebrewMagic posted:

Praise weed galcactus

Don Peyote

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qQAK77Yt5c

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Yeah I donated

Grim dumb, path of exhaustion and diablow 3 cant plug the hole in my heart

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

logging in on MHO2.0

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Get the van running and we can talk donations :colbert:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

logging off bc kickstarter guy didnt fix movement powers

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I AM THE MOON posted:

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

I AM THE MOON posted:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
A tragedy has occurred, and as this thread's resident poet I have authored a new original work about it

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Oh noooooooo

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

good

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

just stay dead

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Lux Aeterna posted:

just stay dead

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

skype him to tell him the dream isn't dead

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

A tragedy has occurred, and as this thread's resident poet I have authored a new original work about it

Which hero would Langston Hughes main?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

Once again, ICR has failed us.
https://i.imgur.com/dUFHkFU.gifv

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Happy World Autism Awareness Day

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I found myself missing this game today. It's still my most played game on Steam. Why can't other ARPG's be as ambitious with character classes? :arghfist::(

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What's the best ARPG that isn't Path of Exile or the Diablo games?

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.

super sweet best pal posted:

What's the best ARPG that isn't Path of Exile or the Diablo games?

Grim Dawn is pretty rad. Torchlight 2 is pretty good and fun. Though Grim Dawn is by far the more complicated and meaty of the two.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I've tried to replay the Torchlight games in the past year or two and couldn't get back into them.

Grim Dawn I have a few hundred hours in and will get the new DLC as soon as it's on sale.

There's also modded Borderlands games if you just want to drown in weapon drops and goof off.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Arpg is a dead genre

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Grim Dawn is somehow an updated version of Titan Quest where the graphics haven't been improved and the 4k support is still trash.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wizard Whateley posted:

Grim Dawn is pretty rad. Torchlight 2 is pretty good and fun. Though Grim Dawn is by far the more complicated and meaty of the two.

I should probably get back into Torchlight 2. Bounced off it pretty hard when it came out.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

its not good

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Grim Dawn is somehow an updated version of Titan Quest where the graphics haven't been improved and the 4k support is still trash.

I liked Grim Dawn a lot, but Ashes of Malmouth got really lovely with massive poison clouds everywhere in the swamps. It gets real old having 4-5 mortars hit you from offscreen every 20 yards.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I have attempted to get into Grim Dawn about five times and find it too slow and arduous with not enough progression. Maybe it's the Marvel Heroes/Diablo 3 ADHD but I can't loving stand Grim Dawn. I also think it controls and feels the same way, an arduous, cumbersome title from 2002.

What am I doing wrong? I want to play it and love it but I loving hate it.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I have attempted to get into Grim Dawn about five times and find it too slow and arduous with not enough progression. Maybe it's the Marvel Heroes/Diablo 3 ADHD but I can't loving stand Grim Dawn. I also think it controls and feels the same way, an arduous, cumbersome title from 2002.

What am I doing wrong? I want to play it and love it but I loving hate it.

I have the exact same people but also put hundreds of hours in TQIT

Just feels like you have to build and play really defensivly or you just get rolled over and thats kinda boring. Also over the "thousand individual stats and resists" and "a billion loot explosions every time you killed a name enemy " which of course is why I miss MH because uhhhh

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Thread, why do you hang on? What is your unfinished business? Is it time to be exorcised?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

DisposableHero posted:

Thread, why do you hang on? What is your unfinished business? Is it time to be exorcised?

:gaz: :ghost:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

DisposableHero posted:

what do you mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i cant move on until this emote gets added to the forums

for years ive waited and for years i will wait