Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

You'd think that would be happening in some rural one stoplight town, but that's basically in the middle of Minneapolis. Wild turkeys do not give a gently caress about your rules and society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why is that small ostrich attacking a motorcycle?

That’s the true national bird of America, show some respect!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

:ms:

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

I recently learned that wild turkeys aren't technically wild. They were domesticated in ancient Mexico, and native peoples gradually brought them north through trade. People didn't start eating them until about 1000 C.E. Turkeys can re-grow their feathers, so people would harvest the feathers of living turkeys and use them in woven garments and ceremonial objects.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

I guess that settles that

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

I’ll take the lot!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

But that's two pairs of pants!

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

LifeSunDeath posted:

Freedom isn't free, it wants your boots your clothes and your motorcycle.

all I see is a free turkey

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Hardon Crime posted:

all I see is a free turkey

the turkey is going to kick your rear end and get away with it

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
wild turkeys are shockingly durable for creatures with hollow bones

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lobok posted:

But that's two pairs of pants!

That's why it's called a pair, dummy.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
This is like, the good kind of Boomer Humour

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

My proven technique: get a bar first thing in the morning, unwrap loudly and have a piece before the bell rings for each class. The sounds, sight and smell got a pavlovian response. And that's how I got an award for selling the most bars in my JROTC class.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Pastry of the Year posted:

the turkey is going to kick your rear end and get away with it

well for fowl we tended to break their necks before beheading. This is when I was a youngster helping out my grandparents. They kept sheep, some goats, and plenty of fowl.

Livestock can be ornery but you just need to know how to hold yourself, when to swat them, then to run and when to do the unspeakable.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Hardon Crime posted:

when to do the unspeakable.

Do you want harpies? Because that's how you end up with harpies.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
ugh.

no i meant euthanasia

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Hardon Crime posted:

ugh.

no i meant euthanasia

Like Gary Glitter? You sick bastard.

e: I didn’t even notice I was making this joke at the expense of someone named “Hardon Crime” :v:

Dewgy has a new favorite as of 05:23 on Sep 18, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

Do you want harpies? Because that's how you end up with harpies.

*does a quick GIS* nah, nope, I'm good
*does a quick BIS* well...

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Hardon Crime posted:

ugh.

no i meant euthanasia

what's the matter with kids in china?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

RoeCocoa posted:

I recently learned that wild turkeys aren't technically wild. They were domesticated in ancient Mexico, and native peoples gradually brought them north through trade. People didn't start eating them until about 1000 C.E. Turkeys can re-grow their feathers, so people would harvest the feathers of living turkeys and use them in woven garments and ceremonial objects.

People domesticated horses for meat before they used them as labor or vehicles. Like thousands of years of humans raising and eating tasty horses before one prehistoric fellow said "Hey! How bout we ride these things??"

Also please don't point out that horses used to be smaller. Anytime you post about ancient horses on the internet someone has to say that and it's annoying as gently caress.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Moon Slayer posted:

You'd think that would be happening in some rural one stoplight town, but that's basically in the middle of Minneapolis. Wild turkeys do not give a gently caress about your rules and society.

They also hate motorcycles. I was attacked like that and watched others get attacked numerous times by those fucks.

They also see in color, and are right bastards.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Hardon Crime posted:

Livestock can be ornery but you just need to know how to hold yourself, when to swat them, then to run and when to do the unspeakable.
You've got to know
When to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em

Know when to walk away
Know when to run

:d: :c: :s: :h:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Xlorp posted:

You've got to know
When to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em

Know when to walk away
Know when to run

:d: :c: :s: :h:

Childhood memories of watching Kenny Rogers do a little song while sitting in a train compartment with a loving corpse :kiddo:

e: A corpse of the guy he just poisoned.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Childhood memories of watching Kenny Rogers do a little song while sitting in a train compartment with a loving corpse :kiddo:

e: A corpse of the guy he just poisoned.

man kenny rogers roasters commercials were loving dark

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just in case some actually doesn't know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNnrTNFWcsg

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

People domesticated horses for meat before they used them as labor or vehicles. Like thousands of years of humans raising and eating tasty horses before one prehistoric fellow said "Hey! How bout we ride these things??"

Also please don't point out that horses used to be smaller. Anytime you post about ancient horses on the internet someone has to say that and it's annoying as gently caress.

You probably already know this but aversion to eating horse flesh is a very American thing. I've always assumed it had to do with the glamorization of ye olden Cowboy days.
Ironically it was perfectly normal to eat horse sausage and such back then.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

There was a really funny meltdown on the Total War forums from a dude (surely a dude) who was upset about ranged damage on cavalry in Rome 2 because it didn't take into account the historically correct horse size

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Makes sense, there's very few animals humans can reliably ride and riding horses requires extensive training for both the horse and rider, and breeding a horse that's pliable enough to not try to kill its rider. (as much) And things like saddles, stirrups and spurs took a long time to be invented.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

That's why the horses were being startled by ants! they are the same size!

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

CannonFodder posted:

That's why the horses were being startled by ants! they are the same size!

This suggests the existence of horse sized ants and I cannot feel anything but disappointment that they don't exist.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Carcer posted:

This suggests the existence of horse sized ants and I cannot feel anything but disappointment that they don't exist.

In Sweden, the title of this movie was translated as "Spindlarna", which means "The Spiders".

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Just in case some actually doesn't know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNnrTNFWcsg

I was going to ask! Thanks.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Hell yeah, archwood gets it ever time someone posts archwood:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

And even when using horses for labour it took a long time before we thought to have horses pull stuff with their shoulders and not their necks. Turns out workhorses are way more efficient and long-lasting when ploughs aren't hooked around their windpipes!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Hell yeah, archwood gets it ever time someone posts archwood:

I love those bears, or dogs, or whatever they are. Such funny jokes!

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Cat scream out of own rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lodin posted:

You probably already know this but aversion to eating horse flesh is a very American thing. I've always assumed it had to do with the glamorization of ye olden Cowboy days.
Ironically it was perfectly normal to eat horse sausage and such back then.

Went to some dog festival in my town a year or two ago, and there was a booth run by the miniature poodle fan club(everyone else there was selling pet supplies or services), and every single one of them look like this. Horrible little demons. I don't get it, and I loving love dogs.