Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Some guy running a half marathon in this getup. Looked like he was dying half way through but started running again when he saw my camera lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib
I took some pictures of people in my office in their costumes.

Untitled by Jason Martin, on Flickr

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

thetzar posted:

I took some pictures of people in my office in their costumes.

Those are really cool.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Amazing.

Met this guy at the Greyhound station. Said he was jumped while he slept, robbed, and then kicked in the eye with a boot. He thought Daytona Beach was a picturesque town before getting here.

Kicked by a boot by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Erostratus posted:

Amazing.

Met this guy at the Greyhound station. Said he was jumped while he slept, robbed, and then kicked in the eye with a boot. He thought Daytona Beach was a picturesque town before getting here.

Kicked by a boot by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

that's no kind of country-folk hospitality at all

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Really good.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Ran into some of Daytona Beach's infamous homeless population - who ended up being pretty cool, though a bit sketchy at times:

Wild Daytona by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Crazy Joe by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

iSheep fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 6, 2017

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Veterans Day10 by B. B., on Flickr

Duncecap
Jul 30, 2003

Shooting a friend for her cosplay of some anime (I assume). First time trying to light darker skin, was also outside and really cold! No idea if there is any techniques for dealing with goosebumps in post.

Aquarius by bento_dunce, on Flickr

If it wasn't her preference I would probably have cropped out maybe the bottom quarter but I assume she wanted photos to include her props as much as possible.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I think the lighting came out pretty well but it looks to me like she has a paper maché pregnancy belly in that photo just because of the angle and her arm on it.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Duncecap posted:

No idea if there is any techniques for dealing with goosebumps in post.

Frequency Seperation my dude.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Untitled by Tom Olson, on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

iSheep fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 6, 2017

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

bobmarleysghost fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 19, 2016

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

Aly
by Steve V, on Flickr

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Self Portrait with Pine

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

elgarbo posted:

Self Portrait with Pine

Your beard looks green and outta control mate.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

alkanphel posted:

That's months of careful grooming right there, be nice.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

elgarbo posted:

Self Portrait with Pine

Nice. I wonder where I put my nimslo.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
Yet another model forced to remain still too long for my project.

Ariel by Jason, on Flickr

McMadCow fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 7, 2017

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
Portraits aren't usually my thing but I grabbed these two of my friends after they had a grueling hour long iron man match, just to show another side to the usual "wrestling is fake" cries

The bald guy was bleeding extensively from that cut on his head for a good 40 minutes yet he looks fairly chipper, tough dude.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I don't normally do portraiture either and I'm definitely not set up for it considering my only camera is my t2i with the kit lens but my girlfriend had a fashion show yesterday and wanted some pictures of herself in this dress. Lighting was a nightmare, they only had track lights and they were all pointed at the walls instead of the runway for some reason so the whole thing was super dark.

There was a woman sitting on the ground at my feet that had a large square LED light set up on top of her camera so I decided to try to do a portrait instead of capturing the whole dress and I think it turned out a bit better.

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

elgarbo posted:

Self Portrait with Pine

:gizz:

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I did a shoot with a local hobby model in my apartment last night.

Chloe-40.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Chloe-123.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

This one I'm torn on. I really like the way that her skin disappears and all you see is some splashes of colour (she is super pale, even compared to me). I didn't touch vibrancy or saturation at all just hosed about with curves a bit to boost contrast. I feel it's missing something though and I'm stuck trying to figure out if it actually does look like a cool effect or just like I pushed all the sliders to the right and said gently caress it.

Chloe-38.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Helen Highwater posted:

I feel it's missing something though and I'm stuck trying to figure out if it actually does look like a cool effect or just like I pushed all the sliders to the right and said gently caress it.

Chloe-38.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

what it is missing is the right hand side of the histogram

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Dren posted:

lol

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Dren posted:

that's the one

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I shot it 1.5 EV over exposed to try for a high key effect. The model is super pale anyway so her skin just vanishes under studio light against any light background and I wanted to try to capitalise on that.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Helen Highwater posted:

I shot it 1.5 EV over exposed to try for a high key effect. The model is super pale anyway so her skin just vanishes under studio light against any light background and I wanted to try to capitalise on that.

This sums things up. http://www.diyphotography.net/high-key-low-key-or-just-badly-exposed/

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

kronos&thea&hilary
by Jim, on Flickr

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

I've been given the opportunity to take headshots at an actor's school for about ten students, and they want 4-6 shots per student.

I'm not exactly a portrait photographer, and frankly I've no idea what kind of poses actors need. Can anyone help me out with some ideas?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Pastry Mistakes posted:

I've been given the opportunity to take headshots at an actor's school for about ten students, and they want 4-6 shots per student.

I'm not exactly a portrait photographer, and frankly I've no idea what kind of poses actors need. Can anyone help me out with some ideas?

Just google image "actor headshot" and watch some youtube videos with the same search heading. Provide a higher than normal amount of black and white shots.

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

alkanphel posted:

This is crazy, how did you do this?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Omar al-Bishie posted:

This is crazy, how did you do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUIaLAgIR0E&hd=1

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
I took part in Help Portrait 2016 and had an opportunity to help out these US Veterans with some photos. Some wanted to start businesses, some were performers and needed headshots, and some just wanted nice photos to send to their family. It was a great experience. I highly recommend it. It's a good chance to practice your portrait skills and help others out.

James
by Steve V, on Flickr

Alex
by Steve V, on Flickr

Michael
by Steve V, on Flickr

Johnnie
by Steve V, on Flickr

This guy, Johnnie, was quite the character.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

TheAngryDrunk posted:

I took part in Help Portrait 2016 and had an opportunity to help out these US Veterans with some photos. Some wanted to start businesses, some were performers and needed headshots, and some just wanted nice photos to send to their family. It was a great experience. I highly recommend it. It's a good chance to practice your portrait skills and help others out.

James
by Steve V, on Flickr

Alex
by Steve V, on Flickr

Michael
by Steve V, on Flickr

Johnnie
by Steve V, on Flickr

This guy, Johnnie, was quite the character.

really fantastic work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Yeah those are much better than the trash you normally post