Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
icloud isn't encrypted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Sorry Echi. I need to hit my probert quota and this insane derail needed punished.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
some people forgot to take their azt today huh

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
so the iPhone thing is still going on?

maybe the Feds could set the clock back to 1970 on the device and force Tim to fix that too

and to get rid of the loving undo button

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Smythe posted:

this insane derail needed punished.

wait smythe are you from pittsburgh

ive only ever heard this sentence construction from pittsburghers

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yeah that's a western pa shibboleth

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

people use it all over

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Jenny Agutter posted:

while trash use it all over

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Penguissimo posted:

wait smythe are you from pittsburgh

ive only ever heard this sentence construction from pittsburghers

i heard ppl talking about this sentence contruction in some linguist derail (probs tori and other yinzers) and well long story short I fell in love with it, and now i use it. i've never heard anyone use that phrasing in real life in my native land and current residence of sunny socal.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
so far ive only been able to use it in 2 ways:

1) fridge done broked and needs fixed
and
2) boy gone and stoled some fruits from the store and needs punished.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Smythe posted:

i heard ppl talking about this sentence contruction in some linguist derail (probs tori and other yinzers) and well long story short I fell in love with it, and now i use it. i've never heard anyone use that phrasing in real life in my native land and current residence of sunny socal.

super pro

i always found it infuriating growing up but i got serious respect for anyone who adopts linguistic customs based on aesthetic appeal alone

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

call it "jahnt iggle" instead of the store and you are probably eligible to register as a voter in pittsburgh

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Smythe posted:

Fail

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
can't wait for next weeks iPads Pro Mini release instead of a new MacBooks Pro

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
drat apple just make the good poo poo you've already got cheaper

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in theory with ky new job and wife's job we could probably afford a new phone between us but I'm not gonna get rich spending my money am i

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
that's what refurbished devices are for

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey guys its me. Big retard using a private service here, wondering why it's super unsecure and keeps getting my data sold to companies.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

hey is the new macbook pro out yet and if not, when
thanks apple fans

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

my stepdads beer posted:

hey is the new macbook pro out yet and if not, when
thanks apple fans

it is, it has a intel mobile cpu, touch screen and a single usb c port, you can detach the keyboard and it turns to a big tablet!!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ahmeni posted:

that's what refurbished devices are for

and still they are like not dirt cheap :qq:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
please move to a country that has real money and/or access to the global marketplace

modern technology is expensive because you effectively live on the loving moon and you guys don't make any of your own

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
tim, release the skylake mbp. 13 inch would be fine.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

im so loving pumped for monday. gonna order the iphone SE day of

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

THC posted:

im so loving pumped for monday. gonna order the iphone SE day of

lol iPhone se what's next iPhone me? iPhone xp? what about iPhone nt mmmmm new technology

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

iPhone XD

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

My Linux Rig posted:

lol iPhone se what's next iPhone me? iPhone xp? what about iPhone nt mmmmm new technology

iPhone xp pro n

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
maybe they're doing the car thing

can't wait to pick up my iPhone lx with the special trim and leather case with hand warmer mmmm yes

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
as for cloud storage doesn't spideroak do no-knowledge encrypted stuff or whatever

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

My Linux Rig posted:

maybe they're doing the car thing

can't wait to pick up my iPhone lx with the special trim and leather case with hand warmer mmmm yes

the phone already comes with a hand warmer, just go to wired.com with ad blocking turned off

Fabricated posted:

as for cloud storage doesn't spideroak do no-knowledge encrypted stuff or whatever
if someone guesses the password it doesn't matter how encrypted your poo poo is, your heads still coming off.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
azure does client-side encryption for cloud storage too. none of the keys are stored in the cloud

THC posted:

if someone guesses the password it doesn't matter how encrypted your poo poo is, your heads still coming off.

exactly, which is why all of this apple encryption bugaboo is a red herring

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

THC posted:

yeah but then its your fault

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

way to blame the victim, rear end in a top hat

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
at the end of the day.. everyone is to blame

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

apple just dropped a new 🔥 mixtape

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2762120-Reply-Brief-in-Support-of-Apple-s-Motion-to-Vacate.html

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

echinopsis posted:

in theory with ky new job and wife's job we could probably afford a new phone between us but I'm not gonna get rich spending my money am i

i believe you'll find that you have to spend money to make money

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

gonna wait for the iphone se/30

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

trilljester posted:

tim, release the skylake mbp. 13 inch would be fine.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
putting cremnob on timed perma-probation should be a paid forums feature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually