Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Big John was 9th

The last points he's ever going to score

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

In a season finale full of montages, Sky's bloopers montage was the loving best.
Don't suppose there's a link?

Ever since Jake left, the BBC's end of season montages have been poo poo. They used to put together a bit of a narrative through the year and vaguely tie the images to the lyrics, but now it's just random car shots, champagne spraying and crashes to crap music. At least this year's wasn't quite as bad as 2014's "series of slo-mo shots of Lewis Hamilton to a Beyoncé track" or whatever the gently caress it was.

(Yes, I'm old. :argh: )

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/10084213/sky-sports-f1-2015-outtakes

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

thegasman2000 posted:

I hate how they gush how amazing Nico has been when in reality the bosses loving shackled Lewis.

British motorsports journalist spotted.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
No I just love Lewis like hardcore. Apart from his loving "music" that's poo poo.

I am pissed Mercedes won't let them actually race when they say they will. Also the gushing in the bbc coverage was stupid. He only won that comfortably as the retarded strategy. He probably would have won and his pole lap was great but he hardly dominated.

On a lighter subject let's hope mclaren can challenge the scud next year.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

thegasman2000 posted:

No I just love Lewis like hardcore.

British motorsports journalist spotted.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

thegasman2000 posted:

No I just love Lewis like hardcore. Apart from his loving "music" that's poo poo.

I am pissed Mercedes won't let them actually race when they say they will. Also the gushing in the bbc coverage was stupid. He only won that comfortably as the retarded strategy. He probably would have won and his pole lap was great but he hardly dominated.

On a lighter subject let's hope mclaren can challenge the scud next year.

They didn't want Fraudsberg to leave the team so they handed him 3 freebies after Lewis wrapped up another championship.

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010

Payndz posted:

Don't suppose there's a link?

Ever since Jake left, the BBC's end of season montages have been poo poo. They used to put together a bit of a narrative through the year and vaguely tie the images to the lyrics, but now it's just random car shots, champagne spraying and crashes to crap music. At least this year's wasn't quite as bad as 2014's "series of slo-mo shots of Lewis Hamilton to a Beyoncé track" or whatever the gently caress it was.

(Yes, I'm old. :argh: )

I can't deny it's lacking the narrative you crave, but I do rather like the 2013 montage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCnj0HrEt9M

Public Service Broadcasting are just about the best band you could pick for something like this.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Can anyone explain why they didn't put super softs on Our Lewis at the end? Vettel had them on for 15 laps at the end there.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

Residency Evil posted:

Can anyone explain why they didn't put super softs on Our Lewis at the end? Vettel had them on for 15 laps at the end there.

Xenoid posted:

They didn't want Fraudsberg to leave the team so they handed him 3 freebies after Lewis wrapped up another championship.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Residency Evil posted:

At that point there were 13 laps remaining and they didn't know if the supersofts would hold up. They spent too long in the previous stint before pitting which put Lewis too far behind so he would have had to push those tires harder to make up the gap. They were conservative with the tires so they could ensure a 1/2 finish. If Lewis catches up and directly fights nico with tires that are about to go off who knows what happens.

Also they didn't know Vettel's tires were going to be fine for the 15 laps. They could have easily gone off the cliff at 10 and Lewis could have lost his position to Kimi in the final few laps.

It was a boring move from a fan's perspective but the absolute right choice from the team's perspective.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

GutBomb posted:

At that point there were 13 laps remaining and they didn't know if the supersofts would hold up. They spent too long in the previous stint before pitting which put Lewis too far behind so he would have had to push those tires harder to make up the gap. They were conservative with the tires so they could ensure a 1/2 finish. If Lewis catches up and directly fights nico with tires that are about to go off who knows what happens.

Also they didn't know Vettel's tires were going to be fine for the 15 laps. They could have easily gone off the cliff at 10 and Lewis could have lost his position to Kimi in the final few laps.

It was a boring move from a fan's perspective but the absolute right choice from the team's perspective.

The right choice was to bring Lewis in for a second set of primes a lap after Nico then when he would've been 5 seconds behind with 25 odd laps to go instead of 15s behind with 15 laps to go

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

GutBomb posted:

It was a move to make Lewis happy. Last race he whined that he wasn't allowed to make his own strategy and had to follow Rosbergs. This time they let him and it turned out even worse.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

The right choice was to bring Lewis in for a second set of primes a lap after Nico then when he would've been 5 seconds behind with 25 odd laps to go instead of 15s behind with 15 laps to go

This. It really seemed like there was no way Rosberg was going to retain the lead, but then Lewis stayed out, and kept staying out.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Decided not to watch the race and watched the highlights on Snapchat. We need that King Lewis filter to be in next season's OP.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
I didn't know F1 on snapchat was a thing.

I felt violated, is that what all people with money and interesting lives look like?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I guess

Pacinamac
Jun 15, 2001
I CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO READ ANY FORUM SPECIFIC RULES BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE TOO MUCH TIME TAKEN AWAY FROM STICKING THINGS UP MY ASS
Worst season in recent memory. Nothing but childish petulance and no genuine racing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lewis must go. He is killing interest in the sport.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

We need a grid of Pastors

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Mercedes can't win. Give Lewis the optimal strategy and he cries. Let him try his dumbass alternative and be made to look stupid.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
i just looked up what time the race was on tonight

i even fuckin watched it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Quantum/Renault deal on the brink of falling apart shocker.

Bernie being Bernie and saying they will go back to square one with the prize money as they will be a new team. Decision will be made by Tuesday's tyre test.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

Lewis must go. He is killing interest in the sport.

This but about every team that isnt Scuderia Ferrari.

loving boring rear end season, *in wicka voice* oh but the midfield battles were so good. F1 can gently caress off

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've been rewatching the glory years, sad to say. Some of my favorite F1 seasons are 1979, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2007.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

ImplicitAssembler posted:

It was a move to make Lewis happy. Last race he whined that he wasn't allowed to make his own strategy and had to follow Rosbergs. This time they let him and it turned out even worse.

Yep. He wanted to finish the race on that set, then when he was convinced that would be absolutely suicidal he chose to put on another set of softs when the super softs were the logical choice.

Meanwhile, microcosm of the thread:

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The only consistently enjoyable thing about this season was McLaren

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Their journey from complete and utter dogshit to car that can occasionally qualify 12th but is still unreliable this year has truly been inspirational.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Imagine what they will do next year.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Well I certainly believe in the power of dreams.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

Gmaz posted:

Imagine what they will do next year.

Button WDC IMO

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

RALF posted:

I too have enjoyed watching nando slide closer and closer to a complete mental breakdown

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

RALF posted:

This is true. God bless Our Ron.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Dubs posted:

Button WDC IMO

Woundup Dead inCar if Ron Dennis has anything to do with it (rip Alonso)

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Dubs posted:

Button WDC IMO

I said that in 2008 knowing he didn't have a drive with Honda pulling out. 12 months later Button WDC

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

funeral fag posted:

The last points he's ever going to score

My insane prediction for next year: Haas will score more points than McLaren

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Don't be daft. Haas doesn't have a business optimization platform to allocate aggregate streams of future values together, they'll never be able to compete with McLaren without that.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
But on the other hand their team principle is clearly a wizard in a bad disguise so they got that going for them.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I said that in 2008 knowing he didn't have a drive with Honda pulling out. 12 months later Button WDC

And this time we are hoping for honda to pull out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Kilonum posted:

My insane prediction for next year: Haas will score more points than McLaren

I think this will happen.

• Locked thread