Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

I totally gave up on the more absurd cheat unlocks and Gamesharked them in back then. Maybe I’ll actually try to get them legit with these better controls.

Had anyone compiled exactly what’s missing from this near final build?
From the looks of things, the last bits of polish and bugfixing. Mid-level music changes don't seem to be implemented, the water in Frigate is buggy, Bond's watch arm has multiple sleeve models enabled at once, a couple of assets are missing their HD counterparts, that kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

From the looks of things, the last bits of polish and bugfixing. Mid-level music changes don't seem to be implemented, the water in Frigate is buggy, Bond's watch arm has multiple sleeve models enabled at once, a couple of assets are missing their HD counterparts, that kind of thing.

One scientist head is just straight-up missing in the SD graphics in Facility, which was amusing to see.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
While never the biggest Bond fan, I always felt the Dalton era was underrated and would lend itself well to some 80s flavoured action games.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Uncharted 3 lifted its big cargo plane setpiece wholesale from The Living Daylights

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

The Vile Stuff posted:

While never the biggest Bond fan, I always felt the Dalton era was underrated and would lend itself well to some 80s flavoured action games.

License to kill can be slowly fed through a giant chipper like it deserves for giving me nightmares.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
The Living Daylights is my favorite Bond film and Dalton is my favorite Bond. :colbert:

Might try XBLA Goldeneye buuut I'm so spoiled by M+KB that I dunno if I'm strong enough to go back....

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Kins posted:

I've been hoping he'd touch on this game, a couple years ago I had to abandon my playthrough barely over an hour in because I reached this moment and couldn't take it anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY5xKTxapqo

Planking and tiktok and gogurt are out, alllll the cool kids are seeing if they can watch the first five minutes of that video in realtime without leaving the room or finding another activity

edit: I know I've posted this video three times in the past two years but I'm really salty about Alpha Prime okay

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 5, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yep that train sequence is where my memory of Alpha Prime ends so pretty sure thats where I quit

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

That fuckin' high-speed hammer in Alpha Prime there had me IRL laughing

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/SlappyCromwell/status/1357735315545407488?s=20

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Yeah and it's pronounced "Jif" :rolleyes:

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

"Wait, I know that Insanity logo from somewhere, didn't they do - what the"

I dread to think what Civvie would make of most old Amiga FPSs.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Coincident to that, Mandalore's got a review of Thief: The Dark Project on his channel, and according to his twitter he's going to have videos for the next two games out over the next two weeks.

No comment has been made on Thi4f.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Angry_Ed posted:

Yeah and it's pronounced "Jif" :rolleyes:

One of the things I miss about early 3D is that the low resolution let your imagination fill in a lot of gaps. Knowing the id guys were huge roleplaying game nerds, I figured the shambler was a huge, lumbering owlbear with cloven hooves and no eyes, and a hosed up jagged beak instead of teeth. It sounded like a dusty old owl scaled up to grizzly bear size to me, anyway, and I imagined it smelled like carrion and the poultry section of a county fair if it were held in a mildewed cave. Apparently I'm alone in this, and thus doomed to disappointment whenever Quake gets its inevitable Doom 4 rebirth announcement.

Tl;dr - :birdthunk:

Hasturtium fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 5, 2021

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
shambles are furry as hell in all directions

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Shamblers are covered in wool. Debate over. :colbert:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Kins posted:

Shamblers are covered in wool. Debate over. :colbert:

What if it was feathers though, like a giant lightning throwing chicken but with arms

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
recent discoveries suggest that fiends actually had brightly-coloured feathers

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I never thought Shamblers had fur and I’m still convinced they don’t.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

chaosapiant posted:

I didn’t think they did until this thread told me they did and now I can’t unsee the fur

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hasturtium posted:

One of the things I miss about early 3D is that the low resolution let your imagination fill in a lot of gaps.

Yeah it's why I like retro games. It works so much better for horror games especially.

For some reason as a kid I thought imps were furry.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

What a steal!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
imps are also furry

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

90s Cringe Rock posted:

imps are also furry

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

90s Cringe Rock posted:

imps are also furry

not cool 2 kinkshame imo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I think it's because the pixelation makes it look like brown fur - especially pronounced in their rockin six packs.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Convex posted:

not cool 2 kinkshame imo
I only kinkshame vores

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

chaosapiant posted:

this is the only correct opinion. they have gross grey flesh like the guy in the bottom of the well in ocarina of time

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I only played through Quake for the first time last year but feel like they’re furry.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The furry shambler is real, and my friend.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Using Xenia Canary is there a way to save your progress with Goldeneye? Right now it doesn’t save my progress after I quit.

Given that is a (illegal?) leak of a 14 year old XBLA beta that I am emulating I understand if this isn’t possible.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Compromise: Shamblers shave

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Using Xenia Canary is there a way to save your progress with Goldeneye? Right now it doesn’t save my progress after I quit.

Given that is a (illegal?) leak of a 14 year old XBLA beta that I am emulating I understand if this isn’t possible.

It saves for me automatically whenever it hard saves. Maybe something is off in the config file?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

shamblers actually have skin like the vinyl used to make disposable gloves. sorry. this is how it is now.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

It saves for me automatically whenever it hard saves. Maybe something is off in the config file?

Failing that, use the instructions someone else posted about unlocking the debug menu then choose to open all levels. That's what I've been doing.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

haveblue posted:

Compromise: Shamblers shave
The secret of how he be lookin so fresh

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Marshal Radisic posted:

No comment has been made on Thi4f.

I find it hilarious how much Thief 4 is talked about in such ominous tones when it's just a dumb, mediocre-at-best reboot. I'd really like to see one of the usual suspects actually give it a fair chance instead of blustering about Not My Garret or whatever.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's a garbage game, a bad stealth game, the AI and audio propagation were literally broken at launch (I have no idea if they were ever fixed, nor do I care), the writing is poo poo, and it does all this under the name of some of the best games ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM9aCdIphDU

this is a Quake mod! Running on FTE only due to the number of engine enhancements used. Very cool