Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
On the other hand once the full collection is released a torrent will be made and you won't have to use lovelinetapes.

If dealing with G's narcissism was required for that over a couple years in the long run it's best for the fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
And that's another thing! Every time I come over it's like you just haaad some butt-naked party!

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Adam Carolla is scheduled to be on loveline June 18th. Unfortunately, I think we know what to expect at this point...

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
What did Adam think his housekeeper thought when she had to clean his used socks?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Jubs posted:

What did Adam think his housekeeper thought when she had to clean his used socks?

"Why are there so many boomerangs in this laundry hamper??"

BV
Oct 23, 2005

NO ITS FUNNY. FUCK YOU. TIA
I just got back from the gym doing cardio, and one of the TV's was tuned in to Fox News. Specifically the O'Reilly Factor. Normally I would ignore it. However, as I glanced over I was surprised to see Adam's face. He was talking about some book he released. Him an O'Reilly were talking about the evils of welfare and how his mom would have been better off without welfare because she would have had to "rise to the occasion" (aka bootstraps). O'Reilly made a few ridiculously stupid comments like it would not be appropriate for him to work at Taco Bell due to his "stance on the border issue."

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

FCKGW posted:

Loveline stream information

I turned so many friends on to Loveline through your stream, so I am delighted to be able to thank you in (Internet) person.

Your post also got me thinking about my 55GB of Loveline and the DC++ hub in particular. I had a server constantly connected to that thing for almost as many years as it existed, and it was a great source for both Loveline and conversation. I can even proudly say that a couple episodes came from my own recordings. Then one day the server threw a banned message at me -- which it continued to do through multiple IPs -- so I assumed it was whitelisting people. Based on the thread so far, I guess that's so.

All this is ridiculous. It frustrates me to read through the thread and hear that it's hard to get Loveline these days. Like FCKGW said, everyone should have the same iPod full of shows, and the stream is a perfect idea.

I suppose Westwood None is ultimately to blame. If Giovanni's site is actually making money, he is a colossal rear end in a top hat. But I don't see any ads on it, so if it's just Westwood Two being jerks I suppose I understand. If he's cashing in, though, I want my recordings deleted!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lovelinetapes is not making any money.

But there is no great benefit to a single authorized site over many outlaw sites when it's based on a gentlemen's agreement between a crazy person and a corporation.

Hormones
May 9, 2009
'Adam Carolla' has been trending on twitter for close to 24 hours now because of his comments about women and comedy in some interview yesterday (or very recently). He hasn't been relevant for years but he's just digging his grave further and further, lately.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hormones posted:

'Adam Carolla' has been trending on twitter for close to 24 hours now because of his comments about women and comedy in some interview yesterday (or very recently). He hasn't been relevant for years but he's just digging his grave further and further, lately.

Well, he does have a book to promote.

Wasn't the whole Manny Pacquiao uproar around his last book too? I don't think he's doing it for promotion, but every time some morning show or whatever trots him out who's not used to his shtick they get all up in arms about stuff he said 15 years ago.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
"Where do you keep your wallet?

Up your rear end you mutt!"

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Sounds more like trouble than a party!

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I'm gonna stay out of trouble!

Posting From Gym
Apr 21, 2007
Prosecutors Allege Dr. Drew Was Paid to Talk Up Wellbutrin

They talk about 2009 in the article, but I was listening to some loveline shows from 97-99 and heard a few calls about libido and antidepressants and the answer was always to take wellbutrin.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Posting From Gym posted:

They talk about 2009 in the article, but I was listening to some loveline shows from 97-99 and heard a few calls about libido and antidepressants and the answer was always to take wellbutrin.

:sigh: luckily we have all disowned a lot of what Drew and Adam say post 2005. I couldn't imagine him completely endorsing a drug unequivocally like that and attributing sexual powers during the classic years.

The article only alleged during 2009. Perhaps Drew coincidentally just happen to like Wellbutrin and saw no problem plugging it as well.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Posting From Gym posted:

Adding in or switching to Wellbutrin is pretty much the standard treatment for sexual dysfunction caused by antidepressants.

Super disappointed if Drew really did this, but that's not a smoking gun.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
I recall some late 90s era episode when Drew was first starting to appear on daytime talk shows... He was uncomfortable about potentially having his role in the media and medicine unhealthily mixed. Something about wanting his role to be clear and above reproach.

welp

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
they finally dropped too many nickels for him to resist.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Adding in or switching to Wellbutrin is pretty much the standard treatment for sexual dysfunction caused by antidepressants.

Super disappointed if Drew really did this, but that's not a smoking gun.

This is true. I don't know what the case is referring to, but that phone call stuff was on the level.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

they finally dropped too many nickels for him to resist.

One?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Even though he currently has more television shows on the air now than UPN had in its entire history, I still feel Drew has a lot of integrity. He genuinely cares about helping people and he wouldn't take money from a drug company to promote a pill that he didn't believe in, no how matter how many nickels they tempted him with. This is the feeling I get anyway.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Ez posted:

Even though he currently has more television shows on the air now than UPN had in its entire history, I still feel Drew has a lot of integrity. He genuinely cares about helping people and he wouldn't take money from a drug company to promote a pill that he didn't believe in, no how matter how many nickels they tempted him with. This is the feeling I get anyway.

yes but that wife of his!

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I don't see what the big deal is. Drew has ALWAYS been a big advocate of that drug.

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE
Aug 26, 2008

That article is wrong BTW, if you click the link and look at the snippet from the actual case this happened in 1999, not 2009.

Hormones
May 9, 2009

Ez posted:

Exactly. It's Drew who inspired me to go into the addictions field (counseling, not medicine) and after university and real life practice I 100% support everything he says. He knows what he's talking about. He's real. He cares. He knows what works.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've known 4 people who've gone from another anti-depressant to Wellburtin. Three of the four had seizures for the first times in their lives within 4 months of taking the drug.

How that poo poo is still on the market is a sign of how hosed up our pharma industry is.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

UltraRed posted:

I've known 4 people who've gone from another anti-depressant to Wellburtin. Three of the four had seizures for the first times in their lives within 4 months of taking the drug.

How that poo poo is still on the market is a sign of how hosed up our pharma industry is.

I was on Wellbutrin for a while and it worked fine. Different people have different reactions to things I guess.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
Yeah, it lowers seizure threshold like any stimulant. Its method of action is not unlike cocaine's. For the people it works for, it works better than anything else. There are a lot worse drugs out there.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.

UltraRed posted:

Your friends should have given my ionizing crystal energy pendant a chance instead, it's an all natural anti-depressant.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

Fledgling Gulps posted:

Your friends should have given my ionizing crystal energy pendant a chance instead, it's an all natural anti-depressant.

I tried the crystal thing for a while. Worked great, you can literally feel the toxins leaving your body.

Atticus Bongman
Oct 12, 2009

Rack posted:

I tried the crystal thing for a while. Worked great, you can literally feel the toxins leaving your body.

I've had success with hanging from an inversion rack. Your brain's like an engine that isn't getting enough oil when you stand upright.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

You gotta follow the wisdom of the orient maaan. They RESPECT their elders.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Ez posted:

You gotta follow the wisdom of the orient maaan. They RESPECT their elders.

Let me tell you something about the Asians Drew, they're usually all good and stay in line. But when they snap, its not a chopstick its a redwood.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

CatchrNdRy posted:

Let me tell you something about the Asians Drew, they're usually all good and stay in line. But when they snap, its not a chopstick its a redwood.

Unlike those Hawaiians.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Loveline was great.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

UP AND ADAM posted:

Loveline WAS great.

Emphasis added.

Bought Adam's new book, looking forward to reading it. Even though I heard most of the content of "In 50 years..." it was still a good read and pretty funny and I expect most of the same from "Not Taco Bell Material."

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

IceLicker posted:

Emphasis added.

Bought Adam's new book, looking forward to reading it. Even though I heard most of the content of "In 50 years..." it was still a good read and pretty funny and I expect most of the same from "Not Taco Bell Material."

Yeh I am about a third of the way through it and yes quite alot of it is stuff devoted fans have already heard. But the delivery is still good.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

AgentJotun posted:

Yeh I am about a third of the way through it and yes quite alot of it is stuff devoted fans have already heard. But the delivery is still good.

Yeah that was my feeling. 80% of it was old stories we've all heard but it's told well and the pictures are awesome.

Brice
Jul 23, 2006
Is It Bad to Get Cheese in Open Cuts?
In case anyone in here isn't familiar, SuperFan Giovanni does a podcast devoted to loveline where he puts together themed shows, usually by request of whoever the guest is on the episode.

He is currently going through a rough patch of life to say the least so in the last 15-20 episodes during the intro/interview he seems manic.

Anyway, its an awesome show for fans of Carolla era loveline.

http://giopodcast.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I really want to listen to it, but my hatred of Giovanni prevents me from doing so.

• Locked thread