Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

kill me now posted:

its a grand sport

and as far as supervettes goes, some of their stuff is ok, some is :barf:.

example:
http://www.supervettes.com/zr6x-extreme-hood-with-vent-for-c6-z06-grand-sport.html

And the sad thing is? Some people see that and think it's the coolest poo poo on the planet. The only thing it does for me is invoke my partial fear of Trypophobia. :barf: indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

eeenmachine posted:

MMMMM Model S.... Can't wait to dig into it!

How is it compared to the roadster? Did you keep that one?

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Comrade Flynn posted:

How is it compared to the roadster? Did you keep that one?

Much more comfortable and practical, slightly less maneuverable but that is to be expected since it probably weighs as much as two Roadsters. And I'm certainly keeping the Roadster.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

My 2008 350z:

IMG_2414 by Stanyer89, on Flickr

hamburgerman
Feb 29, 2012

bsamu posted:

An especially nice shot from earlier this year:

This is at Fort Devens in Ma

Mordred
Mar 15, 2007

DoLittle posted:

A cell phone picture of warming up the sauna this christmas:

I love this car.

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
1993 Honda Prelude 4WS. The 4WS isn't hooked up and it has an H23 VTEC out of some eurowagon. About 60k miles on the engine, have to get my shift cable replaced.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I thought they didn't make any 4th gen 4WS Preludes... hmm.

Too bad they're (IMHO) a lot uglier than the 3rd gen.

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
They did for sure. I have to replace my front rack and pinion with a 4ws rack and replace my rear end with a 4ws rear end. Previous owner had to replace both and for some reason got stuff off a lude with no 4ws. I have the 4ws rack for the rear I just have to put it on.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I can finally whore out the s2000 some more! It's finally all back together after getting hit about 4 months ago. I also got a hardtop, woo!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Hardtops make roadsters look so much better than floppy roofs. Can't wait to get mine painted.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Ouhei posted:

I can finally whore out the s2000 some more! It's finally all back together after getting hit about 4 months ago. I also got a hardtop, woo!

I just got a sunburn from all the hotness, goddamn that's a super clean S2000. I'm curious what's the name of the paint color on those rims? (don't say purple)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ouhei posted:

My favorite car, I love those wheels so much :allears:

Chillback
Jan 14, 2013

My Love. 2004 Bayerische Motoren Werke 325CI. Sports Package. Standard. Tan Leather Interior.

I never strangled no one. The media made that up.

bobomb
Jul 22, 2005

Undisputed
Moe Master
Just bought my first car, after spending the last 3 years using my dads car everyday (after dropping him off to work everyday of course)

Picked up a 2012 Nissan Altima 3.5SR with 13k miles on it. The CVT is just....strange to get used to.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I just got a sunburn from all the hotness, goddamn that's a super clean S2000. I'm curious what's the name of the paint color on those rims? (don't say purple)

They're powder coated, the shop I got them from calls it Mag Purple, as far as I know it's a custom color their powder shop uses.

GT Motoring is the shop.

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

hamburgerman posted:

This is at Fort Devens in Ma

Very perceptive.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
2nd new car in less than a year. Hooray for bad financial decisions.

If you've been around the Toyobaru thread since the beginning you would know that I was one of the original proponents of the FR-S always posting bullshit photos and "spy" shots. Generally I was in love with the car...That is until for some reason unbeknownst to me, I went out and bought a V6 mustang. I must have been swayed by Ford's very flexible MPG numbers and the general niceness of the interior. But my heart (and my pocketbook) still belonged to the FR-S. I started to see them around more and more, and every time it was like a slap in the face of regret. It sucked, it sucked bad. So, I went out and got a higher paying job, then started calling around for available FR-Ses.

Not gonna lie, I took a pretty substantial hit on the Mustang. I was never upside down and I got a very reasonable trade-in (right where I wanted them to go, heh) But, I was still in a worse position than if I hadn't have just bought the drat FR-S 8 months ago...I thought, "gently caress it", I was in love with a tiny little tramp who liked to wiggle her rear end and I went for it.

Two extra years of loan payoffs (which I will still pay off rather quickly thanks to my awesome new job) but I've enjoyed the FR-S more in 24 hours than I ever did the Mustang in 8 months.

Don't judge me too harshly for I know not what I do.

Rabble fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 14, 2013

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Rabble posted:

Don't judge me too harshly for I know not what I do.

I'm jealous beyond words. Like you, every time I see one of these in person I get a serious car chubby. My current car is fun and paid off..... I just can't bring myself to take on another car payment.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
The v6 mustang is tragic because it has awful gearing and probably incredibly floaty suspension along with fuel econ tires (no matter what package you get). Its a commuters car and not a sports car. You have to dump money into it to get new gears, suspension, and tires (probably should do an ECU tune and exhaust as well to get rid of the econ image entirely).

The car is utterly useless as a sports car because after all that money its MORE expensive than a mustang GT.

I was looking at a 2013 V6 and realized this before hand, the fr-s is tempting but its close to the price of a mustang GT as well. I feel like im simply not getting much bang for the buck. I havent driven one but sitting in one it does feel incredibly low and small, which the mustang can never do.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

coolskillrex remix posted:

The v6 mustang is tragic because it has awful gearing and probably incredibly floaty suspension along with fuel econ tires (no matter what package you get). Its a commuters car and not a sports car. You have to dump money into it to get new gears, suspension, and tires (probably should do an ECU tune and exhaust as well to get rid of the econ image entirely).

The car is utterly useless as a sports car because after all that money its MORE expensive than a mustang GT.

I was looking at a 2013 V6 and realized this before hand, the fr-s is tempting but its close to the price of a mustang GT as well. I feel like im simply not getting much bang for the buck. I havent driven one but sitting in one it does feel incredibly low and small, which the mustang can never do.

Exactly, I was thinking of putting the eibach pro-kit and all this other crap into the mustang and I just realized it was just because I still wanted the FR-S. It wasn't a bad car...just not what I really wanted.

Also, the FR-S is kind of underwhelming when it comes to the interior; very spartan but not necessarily a bad thing. The car really shines when you turn the wheel.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

How does it feel power-wise? It weighs something like 2600lbs, and has 170whp; My IRL weighs about the same, only difference is that it's FWD, so I would imagine that while the FR-S is relatively quick and definitely more fun to drive, they're not really that fast.

I really would love to test drive one :smith:

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Needed to get a new car pretty drat soon for the wife since our busy schedules finally meant that we couldn't make do with just one car.

I've been in the middle of alpha and working 12hr days and saw a shitload of cars during the week, of course they all were sold before Sunday when I had off so we kept missing some decent cars.

Then I got lucky checking one of the websites for cars in area and found a very nice looking 01 Integra LS. It was an automatic which kinda sucks, but gently caress it the car should last for a while longer and even if things do break it'll be a lot cheaper to fix than anything on our Audi.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

How does it feel power-wise? It weighs something like 2600lbs, and has 170whp; My IRL weighs about the same, only difference is that it's FWD, so I would imagine that while the FR-S is relatively quick and definitely more fun to drive, they're not really that fast.

I really would love to test drive one :smith:

I can only compare it to the Mustang I had, so keep that in mind.

It's a night and day difference. Where the mustang needed to downshift just to accelerate, the FR-S has plenty of engine at 6th gear. Biggest tell was the massive hill on 2222 (Austin) where I didn't even have to drop into 5th and was still accelerating. While the mustang had more HP it was just so drat heavy that it made it slow. The torque curve is much more favorable to everyday driving in the FR-S compared to thr Mustang where you have to rev to redline just to get some umph. The mustang is a boat compared to the FR-S go-kart.

The FR-S isn't going to win any drag race, but it'll pass on the freeway just fine.

And it's practical as hell too. It's not the biggest trunk in the world but it gets the job done. I want to go to the next C&C with a full load of groceries and just have the trunk popped next to all the guys showing off their engine bays.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The beat description I have for the FR-S's power is "adequate." It's not the fastest thing out there, but it fits the car well and is still plenty to have fun with.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

I'm jealous beyond words. Like you, every time I see one of these in person I get a serious car chubby. My current car is fun and paid off..... I just can't bring myself to take on another car payment.

This is me. I've been car payment free for 5 years and my current car is plenty fun but man, if I could justify the payments and hiked insurance it'd be for an FR-S/BRZ.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This is me. I've been car payment free for 5 years and my current car is plenty fun but man, if I could justify the payments and hiked insurance it'd be for an FR-S/BRZ.

Heh, just found out my insurance dropped by $10/month :smug:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Rabble posted:

Heh, just found out my insurance dropped by $10/month :smug:
My car insurance would drop by about $15/month if I bought a new Dart. poo poo's tempting.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Nice car.

I'll look at the BRZ again when they come out with a turbo model, I don't think the NA one would be enough for me.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Finally had a day off from work. Took the camera and the car to the car wash.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

some texas redneck posted:

I hate to be that guy but man that thing looks like its ready to go off road. :q:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

You can crop the pictures any way you like. You're still a Silver Saturn owner.

Hope this one is more reliable..

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Cage posted:

I hate to be that guy but man that thing looks like its ready to go off road. :q:

Or for that matter, might last a few miles on Boston roads.

Do they know how to maintain the roads in Texas or is it the same "yo dawg we heard you like potholes so we put potholes in your crevasses" poo poo we get up here?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

They just chip seal the entire road here.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

kastein posted:

Or for that matter, might last a few miles on Boston roads.

Do they know how to maintain the roads in Texas or is it the same "yo dawg we heard you like potholes so we put potholes in your crevasses" poo poo we get up here?

As a west coast person, I can honestly tell you I've never driven anywhere with roads as bad as MA, PA, or Kentucky.

I've lived in third world countries, and their roads sucked less.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cage posted:

Haha, it does sit a bit high doesn't it?

I actually do go off road about once a month. Not serious offroad, but I'll get bored and just start driving.. and driving.. until I run out of road, then keep driving some more. Which often results in some ruts in a field for a road I wonder why the Altima's suspension was so trashed anyway

West SAAB Story posted:

You can crop the pictures any way you like. You're still a Silver Saturn owner.

Hope this one is more reliable..

You think I crop, that's so cute :haw:

It's been almost a week and nothing has fallen off, and no check engine light. The panel gap is typical GM, of course.

kastein posted:

We rarely get frost heave or anything like that; our roads go to poo poo in the summer instead. A major road through the northern suburbs of Dallas (Preston / SH 289) decided to buckle during the summer of 2011 at a busy intersection (110 that day); 45 MPH speed limit with traffic normally doing 50-55, nothing like a surprise speed bump popping up! :v: At least in DFW, most roads are concrete with rebar instead of asphalt.

e: VVV you joined the dead brand club long before me buddy :colbert:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 17, 2013

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

You think I crop, that's so cute :haw:

It's been almost a week and nothing has fallen off, and no check engine light. The panel gap is typical GM, of course.

That's the awesome thing about owning GM products.. you can't really tell if it's been in a wreck after it left the plant.

Welcome to the dead brand silver car club.

The reason you don't have a CEL is because that light isn't working.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Only time I get CEL's is after washing the car and getting some water past the MAF :v:

The dead brand silver car club needs a couch.

Also come to Detroit/SE Michigan then complain about your roads :colbert:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Well, I have a loveseat in the garage, but not a full blown couch.

I'm sure I can shove the tools and various Nissan parts off of it. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

My FR-S insurance is like $50 a month. Granted, that's. cease I don't commute in it and have a low mileage policy. Still, it's not as high as I would have expected. The same policy with a BRZ is like $20 more a month for some reason.