Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hank Morgan posted:

The Gooker happened around the time that Undertaker debuted and a lot a people thought that he would be the one getting the egg man gimmick rather then the dead man gimmick.

"You WILL...BASTE...IN...PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Hank Morgan posted:

The Gooker happened around the time that Undertaker debuted and a lot a people thought that he would be the one getting the egg man gimmick rather then the dead man gimmick.

People also thought it could be Ric Flair.

It had the entire industry buzzing but Vince couldn't capitalize.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Lone Rogue posted:

People also thought it could be Ric Flair.

It had the entire industry buzzing but Vince couldn't capitalize.

It was one of those situations where the imaginations of the fans went out of control and no matter what, the payoff would be disappointing. They didn't do anything to not encourage it either.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Rusty Shackelford posted:

It was one of those situations where the imaginations of the fans went out of control and no matter what, the payoff would be disappointing. They didn't do anything to not encourage it either.

I would love to see the train of thought that led people to believe Ric Flair was going to hatch from an egg

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

El Axo Grande posted:

I would love to see the train of thought that led people to believe Ric Flair was going to hatch from an egg

"Survivor Series....Series.....TV shows are called series....TV shows.....there was a TV show with a man named Steve Austin.....Steve Austin.....Steve Austin wrestled Ricky The Dragon Steamboat......The Dragon.....Dragon is an animal.....Animal, animal......Horses are animals!......There's a group called the Four Horsemen......Horsemen, Horsemen.....Ric Flair is the leader of the Horsemen.....the leader....the leader is responsible for the plans of the group!....the plans, the plans.....another way of saying plans is hatching schemes!......Eggs and schemes can both be hatched!............RIC FLAIR IS THE GOBBELDYGOOKER!!!!"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

El Axo Grande posted:

I would love to see the train of thought that leads someone to believe that Ric Flair flopping out of the egg while his music plays and him yelling "WOO" and chopping Mean Gene in the chest wouldn't be one of the greatest moments in wrestling history.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

oldpainless posted:

"Survivor Series....Series.....TV shows are called series....TV shows.....there was a TV show with a man named Steve Austin.....Steve Austin.....Steve Austin wrestled Ricky The Dragon Steamboat......The Dragon.....Dragon is an animal.....Animal, animal......Horses are animals!......There's a group called the Four Horsemen......Horsemen, Horsemen.....Ric Flair is the leader of the Horsemen.....the leader....the leader is responsible for the plans of the group!....the plans, the plans.....another way of saying plans is hatching schemes!......Eggs and schemes can both be hatched!............RIC FLAIR IS THE GOBBELDYGOOKER!!!!"

Jeff Goldblum folks! :golfclap:

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

SamuraiFoochs posted:

"You WILL...BASTE...IN...PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACE!"

Who bastes eggs?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So out of curiosity, I looked it at up, and the Undertaker has a 17 year old son. Are there any public indications that he might want to break into the business? For that matter, what about Bret's kids? Wasn't there a story that at least one of them wanted to get in to it, or was that just people assuming, because hey, it's Bret's kids?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Who bastes eggs?

Turkey joke son. Turkey joke.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
"Nest in peace" is what we were looking for.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wojtek posted:

"Nest in peace" is what we were looking for.

Well poo poo. :golfclap:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

oldpainless posted:

I'm reminded of the diner scene from "Black Dynamite..."

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Hank Morgan posted:

That would have been loving glorious.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

CobiWann posted:

I'm reminded of the diner scene from "Black Dynamite..."

Reading that made your dick shrink?

battlemonk
Dec 10, 2008

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Who bastes eggs?

Cooking eggs with occasional splashes of grease is delicious.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So out of curiosity, I looked it at up, and the Undertaker has a 17 year old son. Are there any public indications that he might want to break into the business? For that matter, what about Bret's kids? Wasn't there a story that at least one of them wanted to get in to it, or was that just people assuming, because hey, it's Bret's kids?

I always wanted BLADE HART to be a wrestler, because his goddamn name is BLADE HART

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dallas Hart was training with Lance Storm for a while, but decided not to pursue wrestling. Besides, we should all be worried that Nash's kid and Hall's kid might get into the business. It's bad enough that Sid Vicious and the Sandman have wrestler kids.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

CombineThresher posted:

Dallas Hart was training with Lance Storm for a while, but decided not to pursue wrestling. Besides, we should all be worried that Nash's kid and Hall's kid might get into the business. It's bad enough that Sid Vicious and the Sandman have wrestler kids.

It's also kinda weird being a Hart and wrestling but not being trained in the Hart dungeon. It just doesn't sound right.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
Been watching old WWE ppv's just for the hell of it, since there's a lot of years that I've missed, and I look up on wikipedia about different wrestlers I don't know much about. Anyway, apparently Tony Atlas lives like an hour away from me. :psyduck:

Anyone else live near other wrestlers?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

LightsGameraAction posted:

It's also kinda weird being a Hart and wrestling but not being trained in the Hart dungeon. It just doesn't sound right.
None of them were trained in the dungeon. It was just a room it Stu's basement where he stretched people.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

El Axo Grande posted:

I always wanted BLADE HART to be a wrestler, because his goddamn name is BLADE HART

Seriously that name loving owns

Stage name? gently caress THAT

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously that name loving owns

Stage name? gently caress THAT

Seriously BLADE HART is the stagiest stage name he could have

and its his REAL NAME

Even WWE would say "gently caress it, keep it"

I am also amazed sometimes at the people who become second and third generation stars.

It makes sense for people like Cody Rhodes, Orton, and Teddy Jr. because their parents made a good career and life for themselves.

But people like MacGillicutty and DH Smith seem weird to me because the industry basically killed their fathers and destroyed their families.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Shitty_Wok posted:

Been watching old WWE ppv's just for the hell of it, since there's a lot of years that I've missed, and I look up on wikipedia about different wrestlers I don't know much about. Anyway, apparently Tony Atlas lives like an hour away from me. :psyduck:

I'm like 40 minutes away from Triple H, or where he used to live, I don't remember.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

El Axo Grande posted:

But people like MacGillicutty and DH Smith seem weird to me because the industry basically killed their fathers and destroyed their families.
I think you've just figured out why they changed their names. I never thought of that before.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Vader has a kid who wrestles too. I hope he looks and acts exactly like his pops.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Shitty_Wok posted:

I'm in San Antonio and a bunch of wrestlers are from Texas. Austin had a home here, as did HBK. UT lives up in Houston. My company rents vehicles and he actually rented a Suburban from us one time.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

LividLiquid posted:

I think you've just figured out why they changed their names. I never thought of that before.

DH Smith didn't really change his name to hide his identity. If anything he added to it.

David Hart Smith

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

FishBulb posted:

Vader has a kid who wrestles too. I hope he looks and acts exactly like his pops.

When I heard that Vader's son was an Offensive Lineman and that Animal's son was a Linebacker, I always dreamed of seeing a game between Oklahoma and Ohio State.

I actually knew a guy who played football with Vader's kid. Apparently he is a cool dude and Vader is a monster rear end in a top hat in real life.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

FishBulb posted:

What, you mean he sends out invitations to a party?

AT THE WHITE CASTLE OF FEAR!

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Shitty_Wok posted:

I live within an hour of Quack, Claudio and most of the Chikara wrestlers based in Philly. I've run in to Claudio at Olde City Coffee before.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Edwardian posted:

I live within an hour of Quack, Claudio and most of the Chikara wrestlers based in Philly. I've run in to Claudio at Olde City Coffee before.

If you see him again, tell him I said HEY!

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Edwardian posted:

Have you seen Ultramantis?!

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Burrito posted:

If you see him again, tell him I said HEY!

My six-year-old "Heeeey!"-ed at him. Claudio scowled convincingly for all of three seconds, and then laughed his rear end off.

ChampRamp posted:

Have you seen Ultramantis?!

Not that I know of, other than at Chikara shows. I keep looking for Delirious, as well, but thus far, I have not seen any giant lizard-men.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I'm like 40 minutes away from Triple H, or where he used to live, I don't remember.

I got in a cab once, and the driver was Moondog King. He would later crash that cab, go into a coma, and die. :(

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 19, 2010

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Edwardian posted:

My six-year-old "Heeeey!"-ed at him. Claudio scowled convincingly for all of three seconds, and then laughed his rear end off.

Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castignoli, and DDP should form a stable called "The Swell Fellas"

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
I saw Kevin Sullivan at a WalMart in Oak Harbor before.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

CombineThresher posted:

Well, if you actually look through the second and third generation wrestlers, a lot of times their dads were not the greatest in the ring. Compare Larry "The Ax" Hennig's career to Mr. Perfect. Stu Hart to Bret Hart. Blackjack Mulligan to Barry Windham. John Cena Sr. to John Cena Jr (Okay, kind of a stretch I know). A lot of times, the kids of average wrestlers become great wrestlers because they got to grow up with the business unlike their dads. Also, a lot of times, the great wrestlers have kids who are average wrestlers because they had such a shadow cast over their careers.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Edwardian posted:

Not that I know of, other than at Chikara shows. I keep looking for Delirious, as well, but thus far, I have not seen any giant lizard-men.

Someone showed me a picture of Delirious without his mask on and I kinda feel bad for knowing what he looks like now.

On the plus side, he looked just like I imagined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Edwardian posted:

Well there's your problem. You need to look for tiny lizard-men.