Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Bloodborne pretty much turned into a horror movie and they ran away like the one who dies first except they survived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I have to say though, had I been playing this game I would've been completely frightened by what they saw, holy poo poo the statues facing the walls was some of the scariest poo poo I've seen in games in a while. This game more than any other really captures the end of the world horror like I've never seen before.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 26, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wow that episode was intense, I can't believe they made it out of that almost completely unscathed. gently caress off Snailborne, we are now watching Sanicborne.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Pat is both right and wrong about Superman, but he's never gonna get it and Woolie's attempts to try and force him to are a waste of time.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Blockhouse posted:

Pat is both right and wrong about Superman, but he's never gonna get it and Woolie's attempts to try and force him to are a waste of time.

He's right in that Lex Luthor is the most interesting thing in All Star Superman but wrong in just about everything else including the fact he doesn't fail at all during the book. Normally I just shrug off Pat's stuff thinking "Oh, he's eccentric, it's fun." but I think he might ACTUALLY be crazy.

Plus I have no idea how you can read All Star Superman, see the suicide prevention scene and not think "gently caress, ok that's a good superhero thing." whether you like Superman or not.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Commissar Ken posted:

Plus I have no idea how you can read All Star Superman, see the suicide prevention scene and not think "gently caress, ok that's a good superhero thing." whether you like Superman or not.

Pat's crazy is stronger than you think

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I am also angry about someone's opinion re: superhero comics.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

No love for Matt's NO BUT IT DIDN'T END THOUGH routine?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Silentman0 posted:

His handle is AngriestPat though, what do you expect?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Silentman0 posted:

Ain't nobody here angry at Pat's opinions. Woolie's attempts to try and convince him of something he'd never be able to convince him and using bizarre nonsense logic was way more offputting.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like the part where Chloe walked downstairs and was a giant shitstain to her mom for literally no reason.

God I hate this character.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like the part where Chloe walked downstairs and was a giant shitstain to her mom for literally no reason.

dead dad and rear end in a top hat step dad can really gently caress someone up

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blockhouse posted:

I can get that to a extent, hell my own dad was a abusive drunk drug user (oh boy!!) but I can't exactly sympathize with someone who's this terrible in every situation.

Like she's introduced trying to extort Nathan, gets mad at the text message, endangers her friend for her own gain and amusement, apparently is a heavy drug user? and just kind of a rear end in general with wanting to steal from a handicapped fun and trying to guilt trip you into it hardcore. There has not been a single redeeming thing about her to me. Like the guys said the only thing she's ever really done was drive up when Warren was getting beat on and pick you up.

When a scene is just Joyce making breakfast and being nice and she comes storming down the stairs and starts picking fights for LITERALLY no reason that's just another tally as far as I'm concerned.

Real talk, if Joyce was a huge jerkass to her I'd probably be more understanding to a "gently caress the world" outlook she has but that really doesn't seem to be the case. I always find it almost offensive when writers put down a character write "she's a huge poo poo head because x family member is dead/a jerk" and think that's enough to be credible mainly because of my personal experiences.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 27, 2015

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Being understandable and being likeable are two very different things. I don't want to hang out with someone who gives me grief for taking thirty seconds to console a RAPE VICTIM over text message; whatever made them that big of a shitheel is irrelevant in that equation.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 27, 2015

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Commissar Ken posted:

He's right in that Lex Luthor is the most interesting thing in All Star Superman but wrong in just about everything else including the fact he doesn't fail at all during the book. Normally I just shrug off Pat's stuff thinking "Oh, he's eccentric, it's fun." but I think he might ACTUALLY be crazy.

He said that he enjoyed All Star Superman, and that it was a good story. It did not, however, make him like actual Superman, the character. They get closest to it when they're talking about Superman as a character that is there to make an ensemble work--it got derailed by Woolie trying to say " you like Crono, therefore you like Superman, and by Pat straight-up having Luthor's inferiority complex, but the point is that Pat feels that Superman's character is so empty in its flawlessness that having him in a story not only doesn't add anything to it, his presence actively detracts from its quality. All Star Superman is good in spite of the fact it's main character is Superman, not because of it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In case you have not noticed, the writing in Life is Strange is pretty bad

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

The Lord of Hats posted:

He said that he enjoyed All Star Superman, and that it was a good story. It did not, however, make him like actual Superman, the character. They get closest to it when they're talking about Superman as a character that is there to make an ensemble work--it got derailed by Woolie trying to say " you like Crono, therefore you like Superman, and by Pat straight-up having Luthor's inferiority complex, but the point is that Pat feels that Superman's character is so empty in its flawlessness that having him in a story not only doesn't add anything to it, his presence actively detracts from its quality. All Star Superman is good in spite of the fact it's main character is Superman, not because of it.

Yeah, I got all that. I have no problem with Pat having an opinion one way or another it was just the methods with which he was trying to justify his opinion were flawed in that the things he complains about Superman not having/doing ARE in the book. Plus the whole crazy tangent about wanting it to be a finished story when All Star Superman is about a start to end story as you get with Luthor dead and the left over cast going "Yep, Superman sure wont be back for a long long time."

I can get not liking Superman. While I think he's an important character he's not my favorite. It's just silly bending poo poo to fit in justifying an opinion he didn't have to justify in the first place.

Plus that whole "The perfect person diminishes your life by existing" line is the ramblings of a madman. I really hope to hear news reports out of Canada that a diminutive ginger man went mad and tied his 3 friends to some railroad tracks only to be thwarted by a handsome man with a full head of hair thus driving him crazier and balder because that would be neat.

CJacobs posted:

The hella you say.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie completed an area super-fast first try, got the items and put four levels into Strength. I suppose the real Complaintsouls ends here.

(as if)

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

CJacobs posted:

No poo poo, it's the reason why I've not bothered watching the LP, even if I am missing out on some good commentary from Matt and Liam. I'm not willing to make that trade and inflict such pain on my ears.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
But angry liam is so rare, and the extra bad episode has been great so far.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Dias posted:

Woolie completed an area super-fast first try, got the items and put four levels into Strength. I suppose the real Complaintsouls ends here.

(as if)

You know what's super hosed up? They're doing 99.999% of everything I could ask for and all that matters to my brain is the 0.001% that makes me spout steam like a smokestack. The Bloodborne lp is doing fine but let's not even pretend that Complaintsouls will ever end.

Looking forward to Matt and Woolie going through the new GoT episode that was released today. I'm almost positive they'll pick a couple different options than I did so it'll be neat to see how it turns out in the videos!

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Commissar Ken posted:

Yeah, I got all that. I have no problem with Pat having an opinion one way or another it was just the methods with which he was trying to justify his opinion were flawed in that the things he complains about Superman not having/doing ARE in the book. Plus the whole crazy tangent about wanting it to be a finished story when All Star Superman is about a start to end story as you get with Luthor dead and the left over cast going "Yep, Superman sure wont be back for a long long time."

I can get not liking Superman. While I think he's an important character he's not my favorite. It's just silly bending poo poo to fit in justifying an opinion he didn't have to justify in the first place.

Plus that whole "The perfect person diminishes your life by existing" line is the ramblings of a madman. I really hope to hear news reports out of Canada that a diminutive ginger man went mad and tied his 3 friends to some railroad tracks only to be thwarted by a handsome man with a full head of hair thus driving him crazier and balder because that would be neat.

I don't know what's worse, Pat's madness, or Woolie trying to compare Sandman's Morpheus (a deeply flawed and nuanced character) to Superman to try to justify his like of the latter. Pat's whole problem was Superman's perfection in BOTH power and morality, and Morpheus is a very morally grey character who has huge character arcs about him trying to be slightly less of an awful jerk; the two have basically nothing in common as characters besides they're both immortal. And the idea of comparing Chrono, a character from an interactive medium, to Superman, from a passive medium, is equally ridiculous.

Man, that whole 10 minutes was a big clusterfuck over nothing. Basically peek Best Friends.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Commissar Ken posted:

Plus that whole "The perfect person diminishes your life by existing" line is the ramblings of a madman.

Like they said in the podcast, he is IRL Lex Luthor.

Also wouldn't be the first (or the last) that Pat (or any of them) will defend something to the utmost, despite evidence and rationality being against them. I agree both Pat and Woolie went a bit far on their respective sides, but at least the discussion was interesting. It would've been cool to see what shade of purple Pat's head turned when he was getting super mad/defensive. I bet that at that very instant he was planning a Warsuit and thinking about shaving his head.

EDIT: If you haven't seen it, watch the video Max Landis made about how he would handle the Death and Rebirth of Superman story line. He does a pretty incredible job of explaining why so many Supes story lines are disappointing or just nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RWMc-EdDRY

DPM fucked around with this message at 06:48 on May 27, 2015

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Ugh, Max is such a hella feminazi! WINKWINKNUDGENUDGE
Now let me gnosh on these waffles, they're totally amazeballs!

Is it me who's out of touch or the writers? Please tell me it's the latter.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HGH posted:

I am going to kill you and feast on your corpse and gain so many blood echoes from it

edit: It's the writers who are out of touch. Nobody talks like that, high school or otherwise. It's completely ridiculous. I mean if their intention was to create a retarded parody of teen lingo then they did a pretty good job but if that's the case they're also doing a really good job of keeping a straight fuckin face about it.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:18 on May 27, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
No way it's a parody. The developers are French and just have no loving idea how American teenagers talk.

DumbparameciuM posted:

EDIT: If you haven't seen it, watch the video Max Landis made about how he would handle the Death and Rebirth of Superman story line. He does a pretty incredible job of explaining why so many Supes story lines are disappointing or just nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RWMc-EdDRY

Landis is a sack of poo poo and perpetually wrong about everything so I dunno how helpful this is

The last person I want to hear talk about superheroes to me is the mastermind behind SHOCKER: LEGIT

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I like the banter in the loif lp, I'm interested in seeing where to plot goes as well. There's something endearing about that game despite the writing

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

idk who max landis is but between this and wrestling isn't wrestling i think he's a p cool guy

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

HGH posted:

Is it me who's out of touch or the writers? Please tell me it's the latter.

Basically all of those words individually are used by someone, but no one, in the world, uses all of them. Maybe a 12 year old Jewish Bay Area skater.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think you missed the part where she said she was going to be a distraction so Max could get away and snoop.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Pat's stance on fiction having to be the start and end and then never do anything all in one canonical timeline before his eyes and then never do anything again is so insane. Characters coming back and doing new unrelated things and stories has been happening since the dawn of fiction. Like that's all that mythology and folklore are!

"gently caress where's this story about the glass eyed men fit into my Coyote timeline!".

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 27, 2015

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I couldn't get into Life is Strange because I was so overwhelmingly distracted by how hot that teacher is in the intro.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh man, all that Insight in the Nightmare of Mensis is hilarious.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i think his argument is more that they shouldn't have brought it back. i don't think its an unpopular opinion to say that the most interesting thing super man ever did was die, and they didn't even let that happen right.

more or less his argument, as i see it, was that it should have ended on a good note -- they could have played around with the retard superman knock offs ruining metropolis for eternity, and still given the universe life, but neglected superman because he's boring and dead. how much more interesting is metropolis without superman, struggling to not get destroyed on the daily, than metropolis with its perfection because superman always saves the day.

and further, is there really anything to be gained from fleshing out the middle part any longer? hasn't it all been done to death, what with smallville and over 70 years of comics?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

HGH posted:

Oh man, all that Insight in the Nightmare of Mensis is hilarious.

That Frenzy bar was the smallest I've ever seen and I was constantly in the 90's.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope they don't forget that they have the upper cathedral key.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

hubris.height posted:

idk who max landis is but between this and wrestling isn't wrestling i think he's a p cool guy

He wrote the film Chronicle. And is also a ridiculously (I mean absolutely bonkers) prolific seller of film scripts. He's got two or three coming out this year. One of which he directed.

The guy is awesome.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

He wrote the film Chronicle. And is also a ridiculously (I mean absolutely bonkers) prolific seller of film scripts. He's got two or three coming out this year. One of which he directed.

The guy is awesome.

By all accounts he's also a spoiled brat that doesn't give a gently caress about anyone else but him. He's talented regardless.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I've never heard of this 1 on 1 game they played for Fisticuffs last week and it's amazing.

"That's just how it is in the cage in Shobuya!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I remember he was on Little Esther's podcast and I thought he was annoying with bad opinions.