Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I don't understand what you could sperg over about flashlights... brightness and duration?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

blarzgh posted:

Flashlights are rapidly becoming the Model Trains of the Internet-Autism Stereotype.

Flashlights and whatever the gently caress a tactical pen is.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DrBouvenstein posted:

Flashlights and whatever the gently caress a tactical pen is.

It's a steel/titanium/aluminum metal spike that you can jam through someone's jugular, but can also write-out your meninist manifesto with.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I wonder whether anyone ever has died thinking "if only I'd had a metal pen."

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You can pretty much jam any pen short of a highlighter through someone's eye. All it takes is resolve.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Yeah but tacti-dads need something worthless to spend their disposable income on.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH

JEEVES420 posted:

Whats it like checking your blind sides? That visor looks like it catches air.

Not that bad actually, atleast up to 100 km/h. Above that it starts to get a bit of extra drag. No vibration or something like that when looking straight ahead. It's not the quietest helmet but that's the tradeoff for real nice air flow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You can pretty much jam any pen short of a highlighter through someone's eye. All it takes is resolve.

And also provided you do the stabbing first, any metal stabbing device can be used to write.

You're being ripped off, pen nerds.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The point of tactical pens is that they're a high-end shiv that you have on your person. When you go through metal detectors at a courthouse/airport/federal building, you toss them in the tray along with your keys & watch. The person manning the checkpoint doesn't pay any attention to it and you've now got a weapon in an area you're not supposed to.

poo poo, I just told people how to stage another 9/11, didn't I? :tinfoil: :911:

CONTENT:

Portland's getting ridiculously hot & this was literally the last one available at Fred Meyer.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
massdrop is a male goon's wet dream. It's all knives, pens, lockpicking kits, flashlights, headphones, and keyboard parts

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
How are tactical pens different from other metal pens, other than the manufacturer reminding you that they can be used for stabbing?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
They've been tested on live animals to meet the MILSPEC for stabbiness.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Toast Museum posted:

How are tactical pens different from other metal pens, other than the manufacturer reminding you that they can be used for stabbing?

Most metal pens aren't fit for purpose.

And by 'purpose' I don't mean stabbing ninjas, I mean 'not falling apart in my fcking pocket and launching the refill across the room when I want to use it'

spog has a new favorite as of 19:46 on Jul 7, 2015

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I own a few knives, but I draw the line at tactical pens.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

strangemusic posted:

I own a few knives, but I draw the line at tactical pens.

Trap sprung

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I like to take the opposite approach, and intimidate foes with what is secretly a convenient way to keep my hair in order.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

sleppy posted:

I like to take the opposite approach, and intimidate foes with what is secretly a convenient way to keep my hair in order.

You could really ruin a man's dignity if he's a bald mugger which is far more effective.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

I honestly thought nothing was cooler than this until probably my teens.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

blarzgh posted:

yup

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

blarzgh posted:

Yup. I had countless ones of theses, all from ticket games.

Cpt Thorne
Apr 13, 2009

I bought my first new car.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Cpt Thorne posted:

everytime I see that I do a double take and realise its not an aston

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

everytime I see that I do a double take and realise its not an aston

or a Jag

...well technically it is (same parent company).

edit: VVV I meant the chassis but I looked it up Tata owns Jaguar now so I don't think the Mondeo uses the same chassis as the x-type now.

beato has a new favorite as of 13:03 on Jul 8, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

beato posted:

or a Jag

The Jaguar grill looks nothing like that though.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

Cpt Thorne posted:

Great car by all accounts, just like all the Mondeos. Congrats.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Thats a mean looking car

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

I traded my leased 2013 Ford Fusion (:911:) SE for a 2015 Titanium. Just an FYI, the moonroof will create a deadly pressure system unless you open the back windows as well.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

NotAnArtist posted:

Thats a mean looking car

I feel like there's a key nearby, and if I pick it up, the car will pursue me endlessly.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Scarf posted:

Got some posters framed

Do it yourself or did you send them some where?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KoB posted:

Do it yourself or did you send them some where?

My cousin has a framing shop. Just asked him to frame them up really quick. Couldn't decide on what kind of matting, so I just decided they looked pretty good without.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Good fuckin wheels.
Welcome to enkei club

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

is it a miata

i bet its a miata

(i actually like miatas)

e: i googled the third part and its definitely a miata

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

beato posted:

or a Jag

edit: VVV I meant the chassis but I looked it up Tata owns Jaguar now so I don't think the Mondeo uses the same chassis as the x-type now.

Aston is not owned by ford you dork!!!!!!!!!

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

corn in the fridge posted:

Aston is not owned by ford you dork!!!!!!!!!

They actually have about a 10% stake in the company. They used to be the majority shareholder before divesting in the late 2000s of most of their foreign holdings.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Geoj posted:

They actually have about a 10% stake in the company. They used to be the majority shareholder before divesting in the late 2000s of most of their foreign holdings.

I see. Very interesting.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

$600 bucks at Lowes. Yay new house.

Congrats on the new home! If only $600 was alot when it comes to home ownership. Unfortunately, it is but a drop. Did you go four stroke or two on the weed whacker?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Me sitting in gaydon designing Aston martins: "there's no carry over bits from ford anymore"
Internet nerds reading Wikipedia: "well actually..."

Internet good as hell

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Congrats on the new home! If only $600 was alot when it comes to home ownership. Unfortunately, it is but a drop. Did you go four stroke or two on the weed whacker?

Two stroke, sadly. Used it a bit this past weekend, whacked some grass good. Hopefully it lasts longer than other whackers I've had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Two stroke, sadly. Used it a bit this past weekend, whacked some grass good. Hopefully it lasts longer than other whackers I've had.

Get some of these for that chimney starter. You can get any brand, any store. Newspaper is for scrubs.