Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Carbon dioxide posted:

You neglected to mention the other rules patch they had to do in recent times. I think it wasn't abused in an actual game, just in a chess puzzle but they changed the rules afterwards either way.

So they moved the pawn in front of the king all the way to the end of the board and promoted it to a rook.

Then they were like: "this rook technically never moved, right? It just spawned right here. The king never moved either, right? There's nothing in the way, right?"

"Well in that case I'm gonna castle with that pawn." So they castled vertically, hopping the king over the recently-promoted rook, and moving the rook a few places back.

They then changed the rules to say that for castling the rook must occupy the same rank (chess term for row) as the king to allow castling.

I had no idea that pannenkoek2012 played chess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Whybird posted:

Checkmate in 2.5 turns.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Whybird posted:

A square is a square. You can't move half a square.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Paladinus posted:

Checkmate in 2.5 turns.

A turn is a turn. You can't just have half a turn.

E: gently caress!!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/swear_trek/status/1334301416010248192?s=20

That twitter is pretty good if you like Star Trek and swearing.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sally posted:

if anything you should report it just so the GBS mods are forced to suffer as well. sharing is caring

What a great idea! :)

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

vyelkin posted:

A square is a square. You can't move half a square.

Well, TJ "Henry" Yoshi, hear me out. A move actually has three parts to it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

What a great idea! :)

:hai:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The right is getting better at memes.

yeah idk about the christian torches they still have a way to go

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

azurite posted:

Well, TJ "Henry" Yoshi, hear me out. A move actually has three parts to it.

If you lift the piece and it falls out of your hand before you put it down, and declare the end of your turn before it lands, it's legal wherever it hits, because you ended your turn while it was in the air. That's half a turn.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
In today's episode of Drawfee (link) they were drawing Magic: The Gathering cards based on the flavor text. The first card prompt given was ' Kess, Dissident Mage - Loss has no meaning here. You cannot take from those who have nothing.

Here was the resulting image:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Thinkgn about that card that was just a klansman and no one said anything for like 20 years.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Volcott posted:

Thinkgn about that card that was just a klansman and no one said anything for like 20 years.

It's not like it had an incendiary name like "Invoke Prejudice"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

My god do I want this

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Volcott posted:

Plenty of people said something about it; it was at the top of every "questionable things in MTG history" list.

What finally got it taken down was someone going viral with a long takedown of corporate discrimination at Wizards of the Coast and mentioning the card in a postscript. They banned the card, ignored the rest of the piece, and congratulated themselves on a job well done.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Hey it's not like it was "coincidentally" assigned the catalog number of 1488 either, that would just make it too obvious!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GD_American posted:

My god do I want this

Aren't there places that print up custom decals? Probably wouldn't be that expensive.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol Riker wouldn't need one second of convincing to get it on with the Duras sisters

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

zoux posted:

Lol Riker wouldn't need one second of convincing to get it on with the Duras sisters

Pretty sure he's a descendant of James T. Kirk

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

zoux posted:

He literally hits on klingon ladies when he does the officer exchange program.

Also I now have the image of zizek tarrasque eating adventurers with both hands while complaining about ideology.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Velocity Raptor posted:

In today's episode of Drawfee (link) they were drawing Magic: The Gathering cards based on the flavor text. The first card prompt given was ' Kess, Dissident Mage - Loss has no meaning here. You cannot take from those who have nothing.

Here was the resulting image:

Would be cooler if he was doing this with his hands

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

No, the sharp s is only used after long vowels and diphthongs.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Kheldarn posted:

Pretty sure he's a descendant of James T. Kirk

Kirk was actually super vanilla and only really interested in blonde human lady scientists. Any time you see him making out with an alien woman it's part of some scheme or escape plan.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qkmjwvcndm1vo2exg.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

bad idea

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Kirk was actually super vanilla and only really interested in blonde human lady scientists. Any time you see him making out with an alien woman it's part of some scheme or escape plan.

Riker was just trying to fit in in the officer exchange episode.

Doesn't mean he wasn't flashing his teeth to try to get some strange but he really was doing his best to assimilate to the culture.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Given how most game groups I've been in have gone, a tinder for dnd groups is...just tinder for nerds.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Riker was just trying to fit in in the officer exchange episode.

Doesn't mean he wasn't flashing his teeth to try to get some strange but he really was doing his best to assimilate to the culture.

Assimilate to the culture is what I call it too.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Don't forget the episode with the planet of genderless people and Riker is all "yeah whatever I'm still dtf"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The enterprise boldly goes whilst Riker boldly comes

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Fister Roboto posted:

Don't forget the episode with the planet of genderless people and Riker is all "yeah whatever I'm still dtf"

I enjoyed hearing that Jonathon Frakes said the episode didn't go far enough. Not horny wise but w/r/t alternate/gender spectrum/trans

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I enjoyed hearing that Jonathon Frakes said the episode didn't go far enough. Not horny wise but w/r/t alternate/gender spectrum/trans

Yeah he proposed using a male actor since it would challenge the early 90s audience more but the SUITS at PARAMOUNT said no. Frakes is a cool dude - and so is Riker

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Riker has hosed every adult on the Enterprise. Every species and every gender. he doesn't care

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Riker has hosed every adult on the Enterprise. Every species and every gender. he doesn't care

Except for Geordi.

Geordi never scores.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

Except for that one ensign who thought he was Canadian. He's got SOME self-respect

E: and Geordi obvs

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Maybe we could try and get it to redo the rounds? "Hey, in this Star Trek episode made in the 90s there's an alien who doesn't conform to her species' gender, Riker tries to marry her, but the rest of her species brainwash her out of it, and they're the villains for doing it." #justiceforsoren

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

DungeonGrindr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Amoeba102 posted: