Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Adrianics posted:

Buzzcocks was basically poo poo, yes. Why was everyone in such a massive rush?

Because the Hoff took. Forever. To read (hahahaha oh this is a good one).

Forever. To read the... Autocue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wormophile posted:

I think that's the first episode of buzzcocks that I've not enjoyed a single part of. Oh well :(

Completely this. Alas :(

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

There are sometimes some really wonderful things on the telly late at night, aren't there? Better than the rubbish that's on during the day.

I'm sitting up with a teething baby and watching "A Matter of Life and Death" on Film 4. Achingly beautiful, silly and romantic, and terribly British.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Final of the Great British Bake Off tonight, the Guardian and Independent both have articles about it today. I'm struggling to know who I want to win out of Mary-Anne or Janet.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Brown Moses posted:

Final of the Great British Bake Off tonight, the Guardian and Independent both have articles about it today. I'm struggling to know who I want to win out of Mary-Anne or Janet.

Mary-Anne! Mary-Anne!

Also, holy hell, last weeks' episode got 4 million viewers. That's a heck of a lot of people watching Jos' croquembouche collapse in on itself. It is a lovely, gentle, good-natured little jewel of a programme though, and I hope the BBC understands that and keeps the same format for next year. Ramping up the competition aspect of it would wreck it.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Chiming in to say I finally got a pointless answer on Pointless. :3: Of course it was on the nerdiest thing ever: the Nibblonians being an alien race from Futurama. Was really chuffed with myself though.

Oh Richard, tell me more :allears:

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Irisi posted:

Mary-Anne! Mary-Anne!

Also, holy hell, last weeks' episode got 4 million viewers. That's a heck of a lot of people watching Jos' croquembouche collapse in on itself. It is a lovely, gentle, good-natured little jewel of a programme though, and I hope the BBC understands that and keeps the same format for next year. Ramping up the competition aspect of it would wreck it.

I didn't realise it had gained a over a million viewers since the first episode, and is the most watched show on the channel as well. I really hope they just leave it as it is.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
So how are ITV going to nick it and make it worse?

I reckon it'll be X factor style

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

ibroxmassive posted:

Shurely "The Eggs Factor"?

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

ibroxmassive posted:

They've already done that it's called Britain's Best Dish. Although this years was improved when they replaced the cricketer they had hosting it (whyyy have someone who doesn't know about food and can't present presenting?) with Mary Nightingale (who knows a bit about food and a lot about presenting).

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Lugaloco posted:

Chiming in to say I finally got a pointless answer on Pointless. :3: Of course it was on the nerdiest thing ever: the Nibblonians being an alien race from Futurama. Was really chuffed with myself though.

Yeah well I got the Countdown conundrum today so there!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I used to have a real love/hate relationship with Countdown. I like the games, but I absolutely hated Whiteley and Vorderman. Are the current hosts (massively) less twattish ?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I used to have a real love/hate relationship with Countdown. I like the games, but I absolutely hated Whiteley and Vorderman. Are the current hosts (massively) less twattish ?

can barely notice a difference with the main host but Rachel Riley is lovely and I won't have a bad word said about her

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
This is it. This is my X-Factor final.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Wormophile posted:

This is it. This is my X-Factor final.

Me & my sister have switched off the mobile phones, locked the children in the next room with their 3DSes and we have a plate of shortbread with toffee chips baked in.

BRING IT ON.

(Also, get to the baking. Don't care about life stories. Want pictures of the sexy cakes)

BeeZee142
Sep 26, 2007

Irisi posted:

Me & my sister have switched off the mobile phones, locked the children in the next room with their 3DSes and we have a plate of shortbread with toffee chips baked in.

BRING IT ON.

(Also, get to the baking. Don't care about life stories. Want pictures of the sexy cakes)

Oh god I won't be able to watch it until I get home from work. Time to run away from the Internet so I don't get spoiled! It's a British street party this week, isn't it? Oh, I hope they don't disappoint the neighbours :ohdear:

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
Holly is such a loving little swat. Mary-Anne possesses the true spirit of the baker.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Who cares about the hosts, GIVE ME NUMBER ROUNDS

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
OH MY GOD ICING DISASTER.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Mary Anne is the Cake Terminator, the grim look of determination she always has is not human.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

When Mary-Annes' decorating icing fell onto her cake-thing I heard my neighbours scream in anguish.

This programme is torture. Glorious, sugary torture for the nation.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Who cares about the hosts, GIVE ME NUMBER ROUNDS

She cheats I know it in my bones

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
Mary Anne why are you doing this to me!?

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Mary-Anne is crashing and burning tonight. I am most disappointed.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
Alright I dont care who wins, Jo is Miss Baking Cutiepie 2011 in my heart.

edit: holy poo poo did anyone see the cock and balls on that squirrel?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

that grout scraper

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Okay, I've cracked and have started shouting "Anyone but Holly! Anyone but Holly" at the screen.

^And while I saw the balls on Mr Squirrel I am more appalled by the eyeshadow Sue Perkins is wearing. The woman has applied it with a trowel.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Irisi posted:

The woman has applied it with a trowel.

She obviously went shopping with mary-anne

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Holly is going to beat Sue Perkins to death with a baking tray in a minute, isn't she?

eclipse
Mar 12, 2003

It's gone rather dark all of a sudden...
I really hope it's Jo. She's adorable.

Also Essex solidarity.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
loving bitch and her mad umbrella. JO 4 PREZ

eclipse
Mar 12, 2003

Ok, Jo's display was stunning. She has to win this.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Look at those stripy little cakes Mary-Anne has made. Look at how beautiful they are. :3:

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
I will be so mad if Robobaker 3000 wins this

eclipse
Mar 12, 2003

Get your stilettos on and hop in the XR3i. Essex wins! Yay Jo!

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
YAAAAAAY. Oh my god I'm actually tearing up. :3: well done Jo!

lollin a bit at the poo poo trophy though

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Good for you, Jo. Bless your nervous little heart. And nice to see Mary Anne being so marvellously gracious in defeat.

(Just watch out for Hollys' RoboDeathGlare, Jo.)

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

What an eyesore of a trophy.

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
Oh my god I want to apply so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.