Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adverbially
Sep 17, 2013

Soiled Meat

ReindeerF posted:

I'm not sure we can count on Thailand, Denmark and Poland this time - though Poland, maybe, with Putin looking over the horizon.
Now imagine being from Denmark whose prime minister was rewarded with the job of Secretary-General of NATO. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I have removed Bob McDonnell from the list of potential Republican candidates in the OP as his upcoming travel restrictions will, at the very least, make attending primary debates difficult.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Joementum posted:

I have removed Bob McDonnell from the list of potential Republican candidates in the OP as his upcoming travel restrictions will, at the very least, make attending primary debates difficult.

Poor guy thought he was going to one-up Perry but flew too close to the sun :sigh:.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Shear Modulus posted:

Poor guy thought he was going to one-up Perry but flew too close to the sun :sigh:.

He did one up Perry. 12 charges vs. 2 charges. :getin:

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

Lote posted:

He did one up Perry. 12 charges vs. 2 charges. :getin:

also these are actual serious charges not made up junk.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

dilbertschalter posted:

also these are actual serious charges not made up junk.

Perry hosed up pretty badly, those charges are just as real.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The effective difference is that Perry won't get convicted and will use the charges to help his campaign, while McConnell did and won't.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

Perry hosed up pretty badly, those charges are just as real.

The way I heard it, he stands a good chance of being convicted, but the appeals court is staffed by elected shills. They'd let him off unless he was caught with a live boy or a dead girl.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I still believe in McDonnell. He can attend the primary debates via telecast from prison. Then, once elected, he'll pardon himself and take his rightful place in the Oval Office. No problem.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Benedick Cuckold posted:

I still believe in McDonnell. He can attend the primary debates via telecast from prison. Then, once elected, he'll pardon himself and take his rightful place in the Oval Office. No problem.

The fact that his whistlestop press moments will all be of him meeting the same dozen people in the prison yard might hurt him a little.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Benedick Cuckold posted:

Radio communique from the prison cell of the People's President of the United States in Exile.

"My "fellow REAL Americans, do not believe the lies...I did not love my wife..."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Skwirl posted:

The fact that his whistlestop press moments will all be of him meeting the same dozen people in the prison yard might hurt him a little.

Grassroots gotta start somewhere.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chokes McGee posted:

Grassroots gotta start somewhere.

There's a probably hilarious prison rape joke to be made here, but I'm going to not try and figure out what that is.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Berke Negri posted:

Radio communique from the prison cell of the People's President of the United States in Exile.

"My "fellow REAL Americans, do not believe the lies...I did not love my wife..."

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

If we get another sweet button out of it I'm down!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gently caress SNEEP posted:

If we get another sweet button out of it I'm down!

You know those filth will try to draw this allegory out of sheer spite and/or ignorance.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Martin O'Malley is taking a swing through the Midwest to support candidates in tight races. He's going to Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa.

http://m.startribune.com/?id=274112951

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Martin O'Malley is enjoying himself today.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Joementum posted:

Martin O'Malley is enjoying himself today.

Well, if that isn't a "Dukakis in the tank" moment I don't know what is.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Alter Ego posted:

Well, if that isn't a "Dukakis in the tank" moment I don't know what is.

A true "Dukakis in the tank" moment requires a silly hat.

Yes, this is a thing Martin does.

Meanwhile, Bernie is speaking tonight in Dubuque, Iowa.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Ahahaha Mr. Darcy, you have me at a disadvantage!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
That's an enormous horse, jesus

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Today is the 200th anneversity of the star spangled banner so everyone dressed up and did things and they had a reenactment or something that I heard from 20 miles away with a booming for like an hour, so not really dukakis on a tank I think, Also horses are cool. :colbert:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Chantilly Say posted:

Enormhorse

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
I want to see that horse battle Rafalca.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I think it's kinda dumb, but I don't think that would ever resonate with voters like the Dukakis in a tank ad did. One screams guy trying to look cool but really looks like a dweeb and the other is just some weird hobby for white guys.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I think it's kinda dumb, but I don't think that would ever resonate with voters like the Dukakis in a tank ad did. One screams guy trying to look cool but really looks like a dweeb and the other is just some weird hobby for white guys.

He kind of does look cool.

e: ;-*

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Sep 14, 2014

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

One screams guy trying to look cool but really looks like a dweeb

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 198 days!
O'Malley may as well be the ghost of Tupac next to that Ryan pic.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hodgepodge posted:

O'Malley may as well be the ghost of Tupac next to that Ryan pic.

I think you mean hologram.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Chantilly Say posted:

It appears to be a draft horse of some sort.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

SedanChair posted:

He kind of does look cool.

e: ;-*

Martin O'Malley seems like a cool dude.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"My advice is hang in there Joe, because you never know what tomorrow brings." ~ Tom Harkin on the advice he'd give Joe Biden should Hillary decide to run.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Joementum posted:

"My advice is hang in there Joe, because you never know what tomorrow brings." ~ Tom Harkin on the advice he'd give Joe Biden should Hillary decide to run.

Somewhere in a dingy saloon in Ames, Iowa, Tim Pawlenty slowly nods his head over his glass of Wild Turkey.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Chantilly Say posted:

That's also a tiny man we're talking about here. I mean these are yankees after all.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Zwabu posted:

Somewhere in a dingy saloon in Ames, Iowa, Tim Pawlenty slowly nods his head over his glass of Wild Turkey.

Pawlenty is hilarious. He's been bruited as this potential contender for ten years now, but no one who isn't already a junkie even knows who he is.

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006

TheBalor posted:

Pawlenty is hilarious. He's been bruited as this potential contender for ten years now, but no one who isn't already a junkie even knows who he is.

It's brutal...after the last run you'd think people would remember him from his ad campaign.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfkNEq1XioE

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
T-Paw should have been doing Tai Chi on the top of that bridge

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I know he is, but I still totally forgot that Pawlenty ran for president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Lycus posted:

I know he is, but I still totally forgot that Pawlenty ran for president.

Honestly I forgot he was governor of MN and I live there. He's just a forgettable dude who blends into the background.

• Locked thread