Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
https://twitter.com/CappuCirno/status/768491530764050434

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Clarste posted:

Visionary Fairies in Shrine 04! Which doesn't involve Halloween, but maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised anyway.

rip clownpeace.

Still kinda impressive that she managed to dig multiple room cellar under the shrine in couple days without Reimu noticing a thing.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I hope ZUN keeps up the tradition of having a music CD with every 3 Fairies manga volume and we get some fresh new clownpiece tunes soon.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

BlitzBlast posted:

Also Reitaisai put up what circles are attending this year and Sanbondo isn't one of them.

I guess we're looking at a Summer Comiket release. :negative:

BlitzBlast posted:

Sanbondo isn't attending Fall Reitaisai either. :negative:

That pushes FMW4's possible release data to Winter Comiket, all the way at the very end of December.

And now Sanbondo just posted they can't make it to Winter Comiket either.

Nook posted:

i can't believe fantasy maiden wars is cancelled

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
It's possible they just got dropped which is very possible given how many applicants they get. But I suppose if they were serious about finishing it, they could just ask another group to sell it for them.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Hey should I read Silent Sinner in Blue. I got into touhou stuff really soon after it ended and just kinda dismissed it but I like WaHH/FS/3 Fairies so it's probably good right

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's okay, but you need to read Cage of Lunatic Runagate with it.

Though CoLR is way better so that's not much of a flaw.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I recommend reading Silent Sinner in Blue not because Silent Sinner in Blue is any good (which it kinda isn't,) but because Cage in Lunatic Runagate is good and they both need eachother as required reading, basically.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
On the broad level I like SSiB, and some moments are really good, but the execution varies and, while the overall idea is nice, on a... Not sure how to put this, but closer, chapter-to-chapter level, I guess, a lot of it doesn't work so well. Like almost everything involving the villains; the idea of overpowered, elitist assholes who near-effortlessly shut down everything (albeit in large part because they just refuse to play by the same rules as everyone else), but in practice they just wind up being rather insufferable and the chapters dealing with them range from kind of boring to outright frustrating. Though it does make the ending where it turns out Yukari completely played them satisfying, to me at least. Then again, that's in part because it features my favorite character and all, and while the series has its moments, overall everything leading up to that admittedly probably isn't worth it to most, even if the payoff is amusing.

I should read CiLR, as I never did that. It sounds really good.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 31, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

BlitzBlast posted:

It's okay, but you need to read Cage of Lunatic Runagate with it.

Though CoLR is way better so that's not much of a flaw.

It's Cage in Lunatic Runagate. I've always had the impression that it's supposed to be "Caged in". As in, Kaguya.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Might as well read Inaba Inaba too since it is also a complimentary series.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Clarste posted:

It's Cage in Lunatic Runagate. I've always had the impression that it's supposed to be "Caged in". As in, Kaguya.

I was just mixing it up with Curiosities of Lotus Asia and it's amazing acronym of CoLA.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Youmu chapter of CiLR is great and maybe one of the best things Zun has written. But in general it's all around pretty good.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if Sanbondo ran into some big problem when making FMW4 that's causing delays.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if Sanbondo ran into some big problem when making FMW4 that's causing delays.

From their recent twitter posts I think it's pretty clear that they got distracted by trying to update FMW1 and 2, which turned out to be a much bigger project than they imagined. Sounds like they were doing an engine overall in preparation for some complete collection somewhere down the line. Specifically they talked about bringing 2 up to the standard of 3.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
How is one supposed to read CiLR alongside SSiB? Just one after the other?

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Youmu chapter of CiLR is great and maybe one of the best things Zun has written. But in general it's all around pretty good.

This is the second most true statement you can make about touhou and even if you don't want to read Silent Sinner in Blue you should read the 7th chapter of CiLR.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

HellCopter posted:

How is one supposed to read CiLR alongside SSiB? Just one after the other?

This is going to sound ridiculous, but doing it at its best requires cross-referencing the timeline. Chapters of CiLR are interspersed throughout: they were published alongside the manga originally, so doing it in release order is how it was intended to be read.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Incidentally, the current manga are all written like that too. They're not as closely connected so it's not essentially, but they'll regularly reference, say, notable weather or large gatherings from other series that happen around the same time.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Clarste posted:

Incidentally, the current manga are all written like that too. They're not as closely connected so it's not essentially, but they'll regularly reference, say, notable weather or large gatherings from other series that happen around the same time.

Yeah, aren't the books Kosuzu grills Reimu about returning in the last FS the same books she was reading while being a shut-in in the recent WaHH

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Yeah, aren't the books Kosuzu grills Reimu about returning in the last FS the same books she was reading while being a shut-in in the recent WaHH

Well, no, because she actually did return those specific books at the end of the WaHH chapter where she stayed up all night reading them, but the ones she stayed up reading were probably Akyu's detective stories that she got interested in in FS. And the ones she didn't return might be the sequels.

Edit: Also, the latest chapter of VFiS has them talk about the typhoon from FS, etc.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 1, 2016

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I beat EoSD!

With continues.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

horriblePencilist posted:

I beat EoSD!

With continues.

Congraturation! Now try to EXTRA STAGE!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Justus posted:

Congraturation! Now try to EXTRA STAGE!

It's still not unlocked, guess I have to beat Remi without continues. I did almost beat PSB tho.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I was pretty upset when I lost my last life on Kaguya's final spell card. Never got that far again.

I still haven't beaten Orin, no matter how many continues I use, which burns me up because SA is my favorite game in every category (music, patterns, characters, etc).

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

horriblePencilist posted:

It's still not unlocked, guess I have to beat Remi without continues. I did almost beat PSB tho.

Yeah, I just really wanted to use that engrish. I think it was from one of the pc98 games. Well keep trying! It took me quite awhile to beat initially, even with continues, but I think it only took one or two more runs after that point to clinch the 1cc. One of the big things for me especially in eosd was really making sure that I never suffered a miss without depleting all my bombs first.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

eosd is really annoying because pretty much every single spell pattern is randomized in some way which makes memorization less helpful

there's still stuff you can do, and pretty much every stage part besides 4 can be hilariously trivialized. also patchouli's gimmick is cool.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Less memorizable.......

is good

(related: I can't stop playing PoFV for some hosed up reason, send help)

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

eosd is one of my favorite touhous and i think it's really fun but i won't pretend that it's any good

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Redmark posted:

(related: I can't stop playing PoFV for some hosed up reason, send help)

There's nothing wrong with having good taste.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

There's nothing wrong with having good taste.

At first I thought level 2 spells were too strong (they probably still are), but the more I play the game the more I feel it's actually really good. I really hope ZUN makes a new Phantasmagoria.

Do people actually still play multiplayer PoFV? I'd assume it's totally dead but IaMP held on for so long that maybe there's some guy still hosting in a dusty IRC channel.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
You need to use hamachi for PoFV so not really

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've played POFV in real life. It was cool.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Is Reimu as cool in person as she is on television?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I actually played in a PoFV tournament at my university but I had to leave early because I'm a gormless turbonerd and had work to do :negative:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
This sucks

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Well Clownpiece is literally an embodiment of madness, being a Lampad of Phlegethon.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://twitter.com/MarcStraight/status/795478378291793920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

This is why you arm yourself with Reppu first.