Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Darth Walrus posted:

Not just that - her hands are bigger than her head, and her elbows reach her waist. My word.

Didn't someone mention a longlegslongarms hybrid at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Pudding no what are you going to do :(

That last page was quite unexpected and hit me hard for some reason.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm pretty sure Pudding is just going to leave (or attempt to), given the flashback to Lola.

Though I'm sure it'll be suitably tragic and cause Sanji to explode into action and also flames.

And Pedro is so badass.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Wonder what Pudding said.

If Pudding isn't there to marry Sanji (either because she's dead or missing), it ostensibly fixes most of the Straw Hat problems. Sanji can't marry a missing girl, obviously, and his family has no interest in him outside of the marriage. They'd probably just kick him to the curb. And without Sanji, at least from Pudding's perspective, the Straw Hats have no reason to intrude in Mama's domain, so they could just break out and leave. Pudding could be talking about killing herself (take some poison in a Romeo and Juliet type setup), but it's equally likely, given her flashback of Lola running away, that she herself plans to run away.

Of course, knowing how ruthless Big Mam is, she'd probably just marry off a different daughter to Sanji, but Pudding doesn't seem to have considered that.

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

Bobulus posted:

If Pudding isn't there to marry Sanji (either because she's dead or missing), it ostensibly fixes most of the Straw Hat problems. Sanji can't marry a missing girl, obviously, and his family has no interest in him outside of the marriage. They'd probably just kick him to the curb. And without Sanji, at least from Pudding's perspective, the Straw Hats have no reason to intrude in Mama's domain, so they could just break out and leave. Pudding could be talking about killing herself (take some poison in a Romeo and Juliet type setup), but it's equally likely, given her flashback of Lola running away, that she herself plans to run away.

Of course, knowing how ruthless Big Mam is, she'd probably just marry off a different daughter to Sanji, but Pudding doesn't seem to have considered that.

I hope she plans on destroying Germa clone factory, this is what big mom wants and if it's gone there's no point for the wedding anymore. This could also setup sanjis brothers to beat her up which would then trigger Sanji to go nuts. Right now more then seeing SH fighting against big mom and her cronies I really want to see Sanji destroy his brothers :getin:

Although from the chapter title I guess she is going to try and run away

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
"Don't you know what I go by in the industry? They all call me... the Soul King!"

Yesss Brook finally gets throw his weight around. Totally obvious in retrospect that he would be a hard counter, no less glorious. One Piece is really good, guys.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Brook has been consistently amazing post-timeskip, and this chapter is another great moment for him. I don't know how I didn't see this coming as soon as the whole soul-transfer thing cam up however many chapters ago, but it just made this moment all the better.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hahaha Sanji finally accepts the marriage only for her to gently caress off :allears: perfect

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The English voice actor for Blackbeard has passed. A very sad day for a man's dreams.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
My thoughts:

1. Brook being hard counter is a nice thing, but not obvious in retrospect because we didn't know he had the power to directly mess around with souls before now.

2. I think Pudding is going to be either killed or beaten up by the Germa if Big Mom doesn't get to her first (don't think she will). Judge has made it quite clear that he has big expectations from what he can gain via this marriage and is unlikely to let that opportunity slip. This assault will cause Sanji to lose his poo poo and "go wild", as the kids say.

Very good chapter.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Waffleman_ posted:

The English voice actor for Blackbeard has passed. A very sad day for a man's dreams.

A man's dream..... NEVER DIE!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Wonder what Pudding said.

she's challenging big mom to a davy back fight

luffy and nami think that's dumb but don't want to rain on her parade. she is about to get married, after all

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
dang that was a good chapter

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So with this chapter, it just occured to me... the antagonist of this arc loves food, can control the weather, and can manipulate souls.

Luffy is there with Sanji, Nami, Brook and Chopper.

I would make a joke about predicting that it will be revealed that Big Mom is a doctor, but if there's a connection it's probably that she loves strange creatures.

In any case... this is going to be a massive team fight. Luffy and Nami already teamed up against Cracker, so the theme is established. All the Strawhats here conveniently have something meaningful they can do against Big Mom.

I was wondering how this arc would end, since Luffy just had a ridiculously difficult 1v1 brawl with Doflamingo, a mere Shichibukiai, at the end of the last arc, but Luffy only taking down a Yonkou with the help of his crew seems like it would give that accomplishment the weight it deserves.

theghostpt posted:

Although from the chapter title I guess she is going to try and run away
The chapter title would also work if she said she was going to kill herself.

Honestly, it's the reactions of Luffy and Nami that make it seem like it's more severe than running away. If she was running away, Luffy would probably be happy, and suggest she come with them or something. But they're horrified. She's either going to kill herself directly, or do something unforgivable to Big Mom.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
pudding whispers: "oh yeah i have three eyes"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
From their reactions. I am guessing she revealed she ratted them out in the first place or something.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I really hope Pudding doesn't turn out to be a traitor but that seems pretty likely. :(

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pudding, to luffy + nami: im joyboy

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Brook is so awesome!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

From their reactions. I am guessing she revealed she ratted them out in the first place or something.

What? Nah, that doesn't seem likely to me.

a) If she was revealing she was betraying them, why would she whisper it? Those jailers would love that!
b) She's talking about doing something that will save Sanji. Seems unlikely that would be betrayal.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I really hope Pudding doesn't turn out to be a traitor but that seems pretty likely. :(

Pudding is a pure and good maiden and will probably sacrifice herself or her well being so the Strawhats can have a happy ending.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bobulus posted:

What? Nah, that doesn't seem likely to me.

a) If she was revealing she was betraying them, why would she whisper it? Those jailers would love that!
b) She's talking about doing something that will save Sanji. Seems unlikely that would be betrayal.

Sometimes people like to whisper breaking things to people.

Also this

Does not seem like it's good news for them. It sounds more like terrible news.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

That would be their exact reactions if, for example, she whispered that she planned to kill herself to abort the wedding. They don't look angry, like she betrayed them. They look upset, like they just got crushingly sad news.

KoB
May 1, 2009

oddium posted:

pudding, to luffy + nami: hail hydra

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Unworthy Monkey D. Luffy

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Punished Monkey (D. Luffy)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
why am i so excited that luffy is still missing a toof

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
you'd think they'd have a lot of dentists in a land made of candy

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Maybe one of Big Mom's children has the Teeth-Teeth Fruit and can make teeth regrow.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It's a dramatic injury that will hopefully remiain for the series. Why is Luffy missing a tooth? Because he refused to let Sanji go.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

For chopper: Judge is a doctor, companion of doctor vegapunk afterall.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It's a dramatic injury that will hopefully remiain for the series. Why is Luffy missing a tooth? Because he refused to let Sanji go.

I hope so too--since we've reached another big milestone in his journey, facing the Yonkou.

Plus, this arc is thus far just plain good enough to feel like a lasting scar is warranted.

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded

Bobulus posted:

That would be their exact reactions if, for example, she whispered that she planned to kill herself to abort the wedding. They don't look angry, like she betrayed them. They look upset, like they just got crushingly sad news.

That's what I'm thinking. There's the panel early in the chapter where she is contemplating while looking over the edge of her balcony. Or maybe she'll pull an Aladdin and get saved by her flying carpet.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Luffy can just replace his tooth with a Chiclet.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I want the midget biker riding the caterpillar to be the 11th strawhat. :allears:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Yeah I came here to post that I like the cut of Anglais's jib.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
where the heck is jinbe also

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

he's dead

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wonder if he ended up in big mom's book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I thought this was finally Sanji's moment but Brook is quickly reaching Franky levels of hype. Better luck in Wano Sanji.

Also, I just noticed he pulls the guitar out from his ribcage.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 2, 2016