Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Would you guys keep Crowder given that he's hurt, or are there other lottery picks you would snag? Alternatively would you drop him to pick up someone like Ellington to start over Marlon Mack? Mike Wallace and Ryan Grant are also available.

Bye weeks, Crowder being out, and dropping Fuller have me starting Doctson.

I probably would keep him. But then again, I wouldn't own both Crowder and Doctson.

I just a report that Gruden wants Cousins to take more shots downfield, which might benefit Doctson. But who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Would you guys keep Crowder given that he's hurt, or are there other lottery picks you would snag? Alternatively would you drop him to pick up someone like Ellington to start over Marlon Mack? Mike Wallace and Ryan Grant are also available.

Can you pick Fuller back up? Drop Crowder for him
Marlon Mack is better than any of the replacements you listed

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sataere posted:

One of my true joys in this bleak, desolate fantasy football season is when I get to tell people why I think Spoeank is wrong in his picks. Today, I think I have a better start option at Wide Receiver and Tight End. But I am also a known idiot.

I like reading these articles just for the humor factor but I really have to wonder just how many owners you think have both Sammy Watkins and DT, or both Jared Cook and Jack Doyle? Like, deciding which guy to pick up off waivers, sure. But the number of owners who are sitting there thinking "Oh godddd, which of my garbage TEs do I play, Cook or Doyle" has to be a tiny fraction of the total fantasy football audience, right?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So whoever suggested Ryan Grant, i'm plugging him in over Moncreif, i'll be happy with like 1 catch for 2 yards and a TD.

Or even 5 points in half ppr

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 5, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

Can you pick Fuller back up? Drop Crowder for him
Marlon Mack is better than any of the replacements you listed

Grant is also available.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm starting Grant at the recommendation of a goon, but i don't think anyone else besides someone like me starting Allen Hurns and Curtis Samuel should be rostering him at this point.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

You guys are doing a good job with the site but quick advice you really shouldn't be so self-deprecating when doing marketing. I see that mistake all over twitch and youtube, and hell all over most fantasy websites that get low traffic too. People don't want to read an article from a self-proclaimed miserable idiot. Be more confident and viewership will go up.

Thanks. This is a really helpful note.
One thing that worries me about showing my self confident side is that hubris broke up the Beatles. And we are nothing if not at least as good as the Beatles

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can you pick up C. Samuel? With Benjamin gone, I’d start him over Doctson.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

Can you pick up C. Samuel? With Benjamin gone, I’d start him over Doctson.

Really? You don't think Doctson has more of a shot with Crowder out and Pryor in the doghouse?

I'm not familiar with Samuel at all, so I'd love to know more. He is available.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Now that all of my WRs are officially orphaned (Hopkins, Dthomas, Fitzgerald) I need a miracle.

Should bait on Devante Parker, or continue to hold and see? Other options on the wire are Marvin Jones, Desean Jackson, Josh Doctson, Sammy Watkins or Ryan Grant.

E: Or this Samuel guy I guess

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

screw the Redskin WRs, I’m starting Thompson and Davis

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

VietCampo posted:

So whoever suggested Ryan Grant, i'm plugging him in over Moncreif, i'll be happy with like 1 catch for 2 yards and a TD.

Or even 5 points in half ppr
I like Grant's chances to get 5+ catches in this game. I'm putting my money where my mouth is and relying on him as a floor play in a couple leagues so I'm hoping for the best this week. I love finding and exploiting one week streaming options and then immediately cutting them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Paperback Writer posted:

screw the Redskin WRs, I’m starting Thompson and Davis

If they're available that's a great choice.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Really? You don't think Doctson has more of a shot with Crowder out and Pryor in the doghouse?

I'm not familiar with Samuel at all, so I'd love to know more. He is available.
Samuel is a 2nd round pick for the Panthers. Very productive hybrid player in college; speedy and a natural playmaker with the ball in his hands. Has been held back so far cause he's missed time with hamstring issues in camp and in the early part of the season. Panthers are making him the Z receiver now after trading away Benjamin and the GM specifically talked about getting more speed in the offense so it sounds like coaches are comfortable with him now. The offense could really use a guy like him, especially against Atlanta. I like him as a boom/bust play this week and think he's worth owning going forward.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mikey Purp posted:

Now that all of my WRs are officially orphaned (Hopkins, Dthomas, Fitzgerald) I need a miracle.

Should bait on Devante Parker, or continue to hold and see? Other options on the wire are Marvin Jones, Desean Jackson, Josh Doctson, Sammy Watkins or Ryan Grant.

E: Or this Samuel guy I guess

That's a tough break. Still, for week 9, I like your wr trio more than any of those plan B's

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiptoes posted:

Samuel is a 2nd round pick for the Panthers. Very productive hybrid player in college; speedy and a natural playmaker with the ball in his hands. Has been held back so far cause he's missed time with hamstring issues in camp and in the early part of the season. Panthers are making him the Z receiver now after trading away Benjamin and the GM specifically talked about getting more speed in the offense so it sounds like coaches are comfortable with him now. The offense could really use a guy like him, especially against Atlanta. I like him as a boom/bust play this week and think he's worth owning going forward.

Huh, that's really cool. So very similar to Doctson in terms of pedigree and capability (and injury history). You think dropping Crowder for him is a worthwhile idea?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Huh, that's really cool. So very similar to Doctson in terms of pedigree and capability (and injury history). You think dropping Crowder for him is a worthwhile idea?

I kept Crowder and actually dropped Doctson in my BML to get him.

Tired of waiting on Doctson to break out.

But I’m also playing Eddie freaking Lacy over CJ Anderson because of Pete Carroll’s bullshit.

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 5, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm hesitant to drop Crowder since I think they want to feature him when he's healthy. Especially if Reed misses extended time. But I do believe Samuel is one those speculative pickups that are worth exploring while cutting a player from your roster you don't really trust to start ever. Like I dumped Jonathan Stewart a week and a half ago to make room for second half stashes. If that's Crowder for you, then it's probably not a big deal. But I give the edge to Crowder.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Welp, dropped Crowder before folks weighed in. Probably the wrong move, but he was already on the WW and more importantly with a hamstring injury I don't expect to see him get much movement this week. This week also serves as a pretty good test for Doctson; if he can't see a significant target share this week then he's an easy drop.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Welp, dropped Crowder before folks weighed in.

As someone who overbid for Crowder in his BML, and thus followed him obsessively, I'm cool with that. Zero is a tough floor, and that offense is not gelling like it should. Who woud've thought hiring a guy who got fired from his last job, which was at the collegiate level, would be a bad idea?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

As someone who overbid for Crowder in his BML, and thus followed him obsessively, I'm cool with that. Zero is a tough floor, and that offense is not gelling like it should. Who woud've thought hiring a guy who got fired from his last job, which was at the collegiate level, would be a bad idea?

Well the offense isn't gelling because the offensive line is getting murdered. You cant' get in synch with people when they change every week.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well the offense isn't gelling because the offensive line is getting murdered.

YES! I've screamed that at my TV during every Cincinnati PT game this year, but nobody seems to listen! Jax gonna murder thos' fools

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Drunk Nerds posted:

Thanks. This is a really helpful note.
One thing that worries me about showing my self confident side is that hubris broke up the Beatles. And we are nothing if not at least as good as the Beatles

Yeah you don't have to go nuts with the confidence just be like Drunk Nerd's Picks For TE's This Week! Guess Who Rose To The Top!

It's clickbaity but there's no shame in being clickbaity. Everyone does it.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Commissioner ethics question:

Would it be alright if I pushed through a trade involving myself before the games start? It got accepted today after talking with the guy face to face, first time I've seen him in a week. I've done it for the other trades that have happen so far. When I say pushed through I mean just skipping the transaction and vote process and all.

Some fucker voted veto on the trade. I overpaid but I'm going for it all this year, I think I have the depth to cover the heavy cost.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Crowder is available in all of my leagues, pretty sure.

You won't miss him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Santheb posted:

Commissioner ethics question:

Would it be alright if I pushed through a trade involving myself before the games start? It got accepted today after talking with the guy face to face, first time I've seen him in a week. I've done it for the other trades that have happen so far. When I say pushed through I mean just skipping the transaction and vote process and all.

Some fucker voted veto on the trade. I overpaid but I'm going for it all this year, I think I have the depth to cover the heavy cost.

If it's a policy you can point to, then sure. Otherwise no, especially if it could be vetoed.

Also get rid of trade voting and transaction periods next year.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you’ve been doing it for every trade this year, then yes. If not, then no.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

This. Just because you are a commish doesn't make you more important than the other trades that have happened this year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

If he's been doing it for every trade then he should change the settings so it does it for him.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
1-7 team traded his Aaron Jones to a 5-3 team for Jay Ajayi. Jay Ajayi has a bye next week, and sort of a bye this week. Aaron Jones has no byes remaining.

I'm the commissioner, and this is a very anti-veto league (the trades go through automatically, and pretty much never undone), however, I think the circumstances merit consideration of undoing the trade here.

If the 1-7 team is truly trying to make himself better and win every remaining game, I find it extremely hard to believe his team is better with a player that is definitely going to have a bye next week, and might be limited this week. And whose role is unclear in the grand scheme of things.

Anyone have any opinions on this trade?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
I would like to improve TE. Person wants Collins. He has Gronk. Initially came to me asking Collins for Abdullah and Lynch. That wouldn't help me, so I passed. But Gronk would, and I could probably flex someone else to maximize points in starting positions, no?

I'd come out on top if I did something like Collins + Walker for Gronk + one of Lynch/Abdullah, yeah? I am thinking Collins is probably a legit RB2 the rest of the way, but the point increase from my TEs to Gronk + flexing one of my WRs would make it up.

is the above counter realistic? We can also trade future draft picks if I need to make up the difference.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Was able to make a trade with a different team than who I was asking about in my last post.

Gave Rivers, Jordy, Abdullah
Got Smith, Howard

New roster after this weekend will be

QB: Smith, Manning
RB: Gurley, Martin, Howard, Lynch
WR: Hill, Hopkins, JuJu, Richardson, Gordon
TE: Ertz

Good trade? 14 team 0 PPR

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Arkane posted:

1-7 team traded his Aaron Jones to a 5-3 team for Jay Ajayi. Jay Ajayi has a bye next week, and sort of a bye this week. Aaron Jones has no byes remaining.

I'm the commissioner, and this is a very anti-veto league (the trades go through automatically, and pretty much never undone), however, I think the circumstances merit consideration of undoing the trade here.

If the 1-7 team is truly trying to make himself better and win every remaining game, I find it extremely hard to believe his team is better with a player that is definitely going to have a bye next week, and might be limited this week. And whose role is unclear in the grand scheme of things.

Ajayi was fantastic last year and even with Miami's ineptitude is 13th in rushing yards, just missing the touchdowns to be a good fantasy RB. Change of scenery to a team with an actual offense could push him back into the RB1 conversation. Aaron Jones has played four games in his career, two of which he couldn't top 50 yards. Montgomery may have had lingering injury issues limiting him and is right there to get worked back in if Jones struggled.

Obviously I'd take Jones, but if you can make a not insane argument for the other side, it's not near vetoable imo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Arkane posted:

Is it a keeper league? If not that seems really suspicious. OTOH it's possible that the Jones player thinks that Ajayi is set to be the bellcow in a high octane offense while Jones is a sell high.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Arkane posted:

I don't hear anything here that suggests collusion. People can have different player valuations. It is not vetoable.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Benne posted:

Is this a 30-team league or something? There's no way those two are your only options.
14-team league with high QB scoring. Streaming QBs got really popular in our league last season so now guys carry 3-4 QBs specifically to gently caress over would-be streamers. One guy has Brees, Dalton, Prescott, and Flacco, I poo poo you not.

Elotana fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 5, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Arkane posted:

Nothing wrong with this trade. Not collusion.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for the responses!

Gonna let it stand, just super annoying that this 1-7 guy who is 99.9% eliminated from the playoffs is doing this. $200 Redraft league, Beer.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This is the time of the week where I bench DeVante Parker last second for Sterling Shepard then watch Parker put up 35 on my bench.

• Locked thread