Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TWSS posted:

Speaking of Orks, I have a huge lot available. Please excuse the terrible pictures, https://imgur.com/gallery/npaov

1 Plastic Warboss
1 Metal Mek with KFF
1 Metal Mek with Shokk attack Gun
1 Metal Painboy
1 converted fantasy black ork with banner
1 recast buzzgob big mek (unassembled)
8 Bikers
5 Deffkoptas (all rokkits)
2 battlewagons
1 trukk
3 Killa Kans (primed with airbrush)
64 Shoota Boyz (46 painted)
70 Slugga/Choppa Boyz (48 primed 22 painted/base coated)
6 Big Shoota Boyz
6 Rokkit Launcha Boyz
3 PK Nobz
1 Big Choppa Nob
9 Lootas with Mek
9 Burnas with Mek
16 Stormboyz
8 fantasy black orks converted to nobz (3 PK 5 big choppa)

I might want the Stormboyz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

TWSS posted:

Speaking of Orks, I have a huge lot available. Please excuse the terrible pictures, https://imgur.com/gallery/npaov

1 Plastic Warboss
1 Metal Mek with KFF
1 Metal Mek with Shokk attack Gun
1 Metal Painboy
1 converted fantasy black ork with banner
1 recast buzzgob big mek (unassembled)
8 Bikers
5 Deffkoptas (all rokkits)
2 battlewagons
1 trukk
3 Killa Kans (primed with airbrush)
64 Shoota Boyz (46 painted)
70 Slugga/Choppa Boyz (48 primed 22 painted/base coated)
6 Big Shoota Boyz
6 Rokkit Launcha Boyz
3 PK Nobz
1 Big Choppa Nob
9 Lootas with Mek
9 Burnas with Mek
16 Stormboyz
8 fantasy black orks converted to nobz (3 PK 5 big choppa)

I might be interested in the bikes or some boys depending on the price.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Agentdark posted:

Can sisters of silence ride in a Valkyrie?

No, because the stat block specifically says "Astra Militarum Infantry". In general transports do not work cross faction, I think only TECHNICALLY Ynnari violate this and that only applies to Yvraine and the Visarch.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
The whole thing about transports not working across factions is really arbitrary and dumb

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Its done to avoid 7th problems of shoving stuff that doesn't belong in say land raiders with cross army builds.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

goose willis posted:

The whole thing about transports not working across factions is really arbitrary and dumb

I wish there was a more elegant solution fluff-wise but I get it from a balance perspective.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RagnarokAngel posted:

No, because the stat block specifically says "Astra Militarum Infantry". In general transports do not work cross faction, I think only TECHNICALLY Ynnari violate this and that only applies to Yvraine and the Visarch.

The exception being Inquisitors, who can ride in whatever vehicle they loving want. :getin:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

OK but why can't Primaris and non-Primaris marines fit into each other's transports especially when loving bulky things like terminators can shove in just fine

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

goose willis posted:

OK but why can't Primaris and non-Primaris marines fit into each other's transports especially when loving bulky things like terminators can shove in just fine

That's straight up to sell new vehicles. I won't defend that one.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do you get a model with a new white dwarf subscription? I just signed up, and I wasn't sure.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

RagnarokAngel posted:

That's straight up to sell new vehicles. I won't defend that one.

People always say that but it's not a very efficient way to sell new vehicles when you only put out one and its like 300 points. If they had a flyer or a cheaper transport to sell then sure.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

JoshTheStampede posted:

People always say that but it's not a very efficient way to sell new vehicles when you only put out one and its like 300 points. If they had a flyer or a cheaper transport to sell then sure.

I didn't say it was a good reason. I'm sure new stuff will come as well.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
If I could cram them in razorbacks I'd be way more inclined to run more Primaris Marines tbh

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Primaris more or less seem pre-destined to be a foot-slogging force because their transports are expensive as all gently caress but they're more survivable than regular marines and have some nice units like the inceptors

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I might want the Stormboyz.

Floppychop posted:

I might be interested in the bikes or some boys depending on the price.

Shipping might be more because I'm in Canada, but I'll happily let goons take the choice picks while I sell the rest on reddit or to a friend locally.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

Primaris more or less seem pre-destined to be a foot-slogging force because their transports are expensive as all gently caress but they're more survivable than regular marines and have some nice units like the inceptors

Hellblasters in particular would be infinitely better if you could move them around the table in something that costs less than 300 points.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I'm guessing for hellblasters I'd want to give them the heavy version of their plasma incinerators so they can get a few shots off from long range before dying?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TWSS posted:

Shipping might be more because I'm in Canada, but I'll happily let goons take the choice picks while I sell the rest on reddit or to a friend locally.

Still probably cheaper.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I don't even care about how ineffective they are, I just want Primaris in Land Raiders because that would just look cool.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Do the variants of plasma incinerators look different from each other? Because I don't know what I want to give my Dark Imperium hellblasters and I figure my opponents aren't gonna care which one they're armed with as long as I make it clear and they all have the same gun

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

goose willis posted:

Do the variants of plasma incinerators look different from each other? Because I don't know what I want to give my Dark Imperium hellblasters and I figure my opponents aren't gonna care which one they're armed with as long as I make it clear and they all have the same gun

Dark Imperium Hellblasters don't have variants; they all come regular plasma incinerators. To get heavy or assault plasma incinerator model bits, you need the multi-part kit.

(As for how they look, heavy plasma incinerators have gigantic power coils running from the gun to the backpack, and assault plasma incinerators have an additional coolant tank and a little underslung targeting doodad.)

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Are the incinerator variants any good?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

SRM posted:

Stuff's looking good! I'm still furiously painting poo poo for Operation: Blow Up Dan's Dumb Tanks that will hopefully all be done in time.

What if I don't bring tanks?

i'm bringing tanks

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

It's not too late to be posting our bigmars, right?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Never too late. Especially when they look that good!

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

If Biglys were like small 5 mans you could only take so many of it'd sort of make sense why they can't ride in rhinos, they'd specifically need that abomination they released for them.

But Ogryn can be put in regular guard tanks, or used to be at least. I don't know if thats still viable.

To me it'd make far more sense if primaris were just marines in new armor. Just like light exoskeleton armor an with Cawl's make anything new whatever powers that could work.

But yeah new vehicles more money. Everyone is just going to wait for a rhino primaris equivalent. If they make one.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

For_Great_Justice posted:

If Biglys were like small 5 mans you could only take so many of it'd sort of make sense why they can't ride in rhinos, they'd specifically need that abomination they released for them.

But Ogryn can be put in regular guard tanks, or used to be at least. I don't know if thats still viable.

To me it'd make far more sense if primaris were just marines in new armor. Just like light exoskeleton armor an with Cawl's make anything new whatever powers that could work.

But yeah new vehicles more money. Everyone is just going to wait for a rhino primaris equivalent. If they make one.

I'm probably going to pick up a single Repulsor simply because it can't be locked in combat, is pretty tough and literally made out of guns. Only having 10 transport capacity is hilarious poo poo for a Land Raider equivalent though.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

The Rapid Fire Hellblaster gun is far and away the best one, don't worry.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pendent posted:

I'm probably going to pick up a single Repulsor simply because it can't be locked in combat, is pretty tough and literally made out of guns. Only having 10 transport capacity is hilarious poo poo for a Land Raider equivalent though.

You mean 10 capacity like the actual Land Raider?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

raverrn posted:

The Rapid Fire Hellblaster gun is far and away the best one, don't worry.

Honestly, I've had the most success just using the regular variant.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

You mean 10 capacity like the actual Land Raider?

That's also pretty bad, let's be honest. It's also not the literal only transport option available for an entire new model range

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Has anybody used Custodian Guard and the Venerable Land Raider? Are either of them good enough to justify their enormous point cost?

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Pendent posted:

That's also pretty bad, let's be honest. It's also not the literal only transport option available for an entire new model range

Can primaris fit into anything else?

I mean I'll complain all day about land raider capacity. Chaos ones are ten with no variant. So 5 terminators no character. Its better to take 5 chaos lords/sorcerers in terminator armor an spit them out of that. Or one lord an normal dudes like a kharn an berserker party wagon strat.

For_Great_Justice fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 26, 2017

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

For_Great_Justice posted:

Can primaris fit into anything else?

The only transport Primaris can use is the Repulsor, which is severely limited as a transport by the fact that it only has capacity 10.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Primaris can also go in a thunderhawk.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TTerrible posted:

But only if Primaris are the sole units it carries. Maybe they smell?

Amusingly enough the Stormbird, which can carry a loving Rhino, can't carry Primaris marines.

It's dumb and bad.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

But only if Primaris are the sole units it carries. Maybe they smell?

Amusingly enough the Stormbird, which can carry a loving Rhino, can't carry Primaris marines.

It's dumb and bad.

I like to imagine this is because of the immense complexity with the Imperiums TSA equivalent and the Primaris being stuck in a multi-century backlog waiting for their paperwork to get processed.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SteelMentor posted:

Honestly, I've had the most success just using the regular variant.

I'm pretty sure the rapid fire one is the "normal" variant. Were you thinking of the assault or heavy one?

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

TTerrible posted:

If your opponent boughr a thunderhawk for primaris then GW has already won.

Also again how has no chaos warband thought "maybe we should steal or copy one of those other land raider dealies." No I'm never going to let it go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Heavy: Heavy 1, 36", S8 (overcharge to S9)
Regular: Rapid Fire, 30", S7 (overcharge to S8)
Assault: Assault 2, 24", S6 (overcharge to S7)

The Heavy is pretty clearly better against heavy vehicles as long as you don't move, and against regular T7 vehicles you don't need to be able to reroll misses to get good hits. Suffers a bit for the points efficiency based on not getting as many shots, but each shot is individually much better, and particularly against T4 units you'll have a field day wounding on 2s with no armor saves.

The Regular is the points-efficiency juggernaut, and really good.

The Assault is good against heavy infantry without overcharging, and absolutely disgusting as a mobile T3 squad sweeper. Being able to Advance and still fire off full ROF is important against things that really want to charge you that you really want to keep the distance open against. You can't stay ahead of Genestealers forever, but you might get another turn if you get a good advance. Definitely the least generally useful because it sucks against vehicles, but the AP is still nice.