Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
While I was in blops i used to flied under Zungen and Kunmi, after reading these posts, it's probably a good thing I got kicked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016
The Goon should have something like a Corp of lovable scamps that live in a NS-static wormhole, posting up a storm and blops dropping t3c fleets on enemy supers.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah blops type poo poo was the majority of what I did before I quit and now I come back and there is basically one group run by people that think they are extremely important because they are in black ops.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Blackops was all about flying expensive poo poo and being risk averse retards while making fun of each other if you died and bat phoning diplos when you shot friendlies.

Vacations to cobalt edge will always be the best times.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

Blackops was all about flying expensive poo poo and being risk averse retards while making fun of each other if you died and bat phoning diplos when you shot friendlies.

Vacations to cobalt edge will always be the best times.

Not sure that's changed a ton, some people don't like being made fun of for repeatedly losing bad sniping lokis. :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Collateral Damage posted:

Hello I am at a severe risk of un-winning EVE.

How does retvet work nowadays?

It's pretty easy, I did it a few weeks ago. You give register all your characters, send an email, then apply in game. The worst part is CCP's website to get the ESI (formerly API) for all your characters. https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101#Process_B:_For_Returning_Members

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

apseudonym posted:

Not sure that's changed a ton, some people don't like being made fun of for repeatedly losing bad sniping lokis. :shrug:

I think the most recent idiot king lost 7 blinged Loki’s in a week and a half? If that doesn’t deserve mocking I don’t know what does

....Okay Rutibex does

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
God help me, the Drifter invasion actually has me thinking about this stupid game again.. and I'd mostly retired off to shoot rocks...

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
yes shooting npcs how exciting

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Kinetica posted:

I think the most recent idiot king lost 7 blinged Loki’s in a week and a half? If that doesn’t deserve mocking I don’t know what does

....Okay Rutibex does

I've been out sick a few weeks, but all the people getting yelled at for custom or dumb poo poo in the last 6 months was lovely arty lokis. It wasn't just one or two people but a bunch who were steadfastly poo poo

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
promote pooki bear

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Foehammer007 posted:

I never said I wasn't sick in the head.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet
Is corm spam the only way to kill them?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Gearhead posted:

I never said I wasn't sick in the head.

:heysexy:

Probably a great time to jump in then

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

meatmccartney posted:

The Goon should have something like a Corp of lovable scamps that live in a NS-static wormhole, posting up a storm and blops dropping t3c fleets on enemy supers.

Those were the best days of Hole Squad, hands down. Hang out and do dumb poo poo via blops, sometimes get kills...

gently caress, half the fun was when poo poo went sideways and we had to travel tens of jumps through actively hostile territory to get home.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Min-max question here. My Omega clone runs out in a few days. Will setting a long Omega skill just before it expires allow me to complete that skill or will the skill stop training as soon as Omega expires?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Exioce posted:

Min-max question here. My Omega clone runs out in a few days. Will setting a long Omega skill just before it expires allow me to complete that skill or will the skill stop training as soon as Omega expires?

ghost training's dead

TigerXtrm
Feb 2, 2019

Foehammer007 posted:

Like there's that much of a difference. End of the day you're still just locking and shooting at icons in space.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

apseudonym posted:

I've been out sick a few weeks, but all the people getting yelled at for custom or dumb poo poo in the last 6 months was lovely arty lokis. It wasn't just one or two people but a bunch who were steadfastly poo poo

Yeah. While there are many things I disagree with in black ops, dropping the hammer on idiots isn’t one of them

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Exioce posted:

orange juche posted:

ghost training's dead

kinda, your skill can progress for 3-4 days, but logging in while omega makes a random period of time of training inbetween when you last logged in and when you just have disappear. log in while omega and you'll get the whole thing as an omega.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
My experience in Black Ops was that you got yelled at for bringing stupid poo poo and losing it stupidly. I really never had any issues with Isabella.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
gotta upgrade your clone grade

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

Hey, watch me pull the abuse of executive power out of my hat!

TigerXtrm posted:

Like there's that much of a difference. End of the day you're still just locking and shooting at icons in space.

NPCs don't cry on reddit about how you're such a loser for burning down all their space stations.

Service Charge
Jan 22, 2004
I'm not cheap
Honestly gently caress anyone who thinks that dealing with this poo poo here is fun.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
This is the game changer everyone's been looking for. All of the bitter vets will return now.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Service Charge posted:

Honestly gently caress anyone who thinks that dealing with this poo poo here is fun.

Are they attacking every single structure and its dog? :staredog:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

froody guy posted:

Are they attacking every single structure and its dog? :staredog:

There's a reddit post that goes over their behavior. Basically, they randomly sweep the system reenforcing things, and then move on. If they've reenforced, there's the same chance they could spawn there to sweep the system again as anywhere else. So maaaybe they'll attack after reenforce wears off....

....Or maybe not.

EDIT: The mechanics on quantities they spawn in are not immediately clear. But speculation is going along the lines of how much a space is used by people. Which makes sense because there's always been the meme that Goons use the gently caress out of whatever space they live in.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 29, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Honestly, since we have so many more structures than everyone else, I'd buy that it's just a straight random roll of an N-sided die, where N is the number of structures in nullsec. With this scheme, we'd get hit harder than anyone else.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

They went through KQK like locust and reinforced everything before being chased away by the Keepstars weapons :negative:

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Clearly we need a squad to deal with this poo poo. Let's make a poll to choose its name:

Buzz Off
No gently caress You
Shart Apocalypse
Checkbox

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Rutibex log, Stardate 20190629:
Having been kicked out of the Imperium for being useless and generally annoying I have set out to make my own way in the void. No longer being a low level goon I have put on my traditional regalia. NPC corporations are gross, and everyone needs some nice tittles!

At first I tried to do some station trading in Jita, but I soon found that was impossible. Hundreds of extremely high level poop sockers live there, and have squeezed every cent of profit out of the entire idea. No only that, you have to update your orders every 5min or you get outbid immediately :argh: So instead I decided I would set up shop in an out of the way corner of NPC 0.0 space. Everyone always says that 0.0 is dead and empty, so I went out to see if that was true. Turns out it is! Using my trusty Proteus (and DOTLAN) I was able to scout around the galaxy and find the absolute most out of the way place imaginable. I settled on the region of Stain (where the Sanshas live!). There is no way to even fly to this region without going through 30 jumps of one sovereign alliance or another (Goons on one side Test on the other). I loaded up my Proteus with blueprint copies and made a run for it. There was one close call but I made it in alright. The region is dead as a door nail, I barely saw a half dozen people on my way in. I was able to find an out of the way area with clone service, reprocessing, and manufacturing and set up shop :D All I had with me was my Proteus, blueprints, and a few modules I could fit in the cargo hold (some Miner 2s and extra T2 drones). I didn't want to risk my expensive Proteus so I set out to do some mining in a newbie ship. I spawned an extra one and doubled up on the civilian mining laser :science: My hope was I could mine enough material to build a Venture and improve my yield. It was slow going at first:

Eventually I got frustrated with mining in a newbie ship so I decided to take a risk. I got my Proteus out and killed a bunch of the rats. I was able to reprocess their loot into the minerals I needed to make my Venture :D

Someone in the system was selling a Myrmidon hull, so I bought that. I don't have any fittings so I will have to make them myself. At least I have the hull! I have a Myrm blueprint but it would take me forever to mine enough minerals to make one in a Venture. Once I have the Myrm up and running I will be able to transition to ratting instead of mining! Ratting in a Myrmidon should net me enough to build a Dominix, and eventually a Thanatos.
There was only one structure in the system, a refinery owned by this powerful alliance:

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

Hey, watch me pull the abuse of executive power out of my hat!

And just think: If you hadn't been gone full retard, you'd be able to rejoin today. Have fun in publand, you loving gubbagoo.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rutibex posted:

Having been kicked out of the Imperium for being useless and generally annoying I have set out to make my own way in the void. No longer being a low level goon I have put on my traditional regalia. NPC corporations are gross, and everyone needs some nice tittles!

At first I tried to do some station trading in Jita, but I soon found that was impossible. Hundreds of extremely high level poop sockers live there, and have squeezed every cent of profit out of the entire idea. No only that, you have to update your orders every 5min or you get outbid immediately :argh: So instead I decided I would set up shop in an out of the way corner of NPC 0.0 space. Everyone always says that 0.0 is dead and empty, so I went out to see if that was true. Turns out it is! Using my trusty Proteus (and DOTLAN) I was able to scout around the galaxy and find the absolute most out of the way place imaginable. I settled on the region of Stain (where the Sanshas live!). There is no way to even fly to this region without going through 30 jumps of one sovereign alliance or another (Goons on one side Test on the other). I loaded up my Proteus with blueprint copies and made a run for it. There was one close call but I made it in alright. The region is dead as a door nail, I barely saw a half dozen people on my way in. I was able to find an out of the way area with clone service, reprocessing, and manufacturing and set up shop :D All I had with me was my Proteus, blueprints, and a few modules I could fit in the cargo hold (some Miner 2s and extra T2 drones). I didn't want to risk my expensive Proteus so I set out to do some mining in a newbie ship. I spawned an extra one and doubled up on the civilian mining laser :science: My hope was I could mine enough material to build a Venture and improve my yield. It was slow going at first:

Eventually I got frustrated with mining in a newbie ship so I decided to take a risk. I got my Proteus out and killed a bunch of the rats. I was able to reprocess their loot into the minerals I needed to make my Venture :D

Someone in the system was selling a Myrmidon hull, so I bought that. I don't have any fittings so I will have to make them myself. At least I have the hull! I have a Myrm blueprint but it would take me forever to mine enough minerals to make one in a Venture. Once I have the Myrm up and running I will be able to transition to ratting instead of mining! Ratting in a Myrmidon should net me enough to build a Dominix, and eventually a Thanatos.
There was only one structure in the system, a refinery owned by this powerful alliance:

too long; didn't read.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Shut up Rutibex

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

froody guy posted:

Clearly we need a squad to deal with this poo poo. Let's make a poll to choose its name:

Buzz Off
No gently caress You
Shart Apocalypse
Checkbox

Goon Territorial Fulfillment Operations

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TrickNixon posted:

And just think: If you hadn't been gone full retard, you'd be able to rejoin today. Have fun in publand, you loving gubbagoo.

I think you will find Delve is the publand. I'm living on the edge, without a net :clint:

TigerXtrm
Feb 2, 2019

Gearhead posted:

Goon Territorial Fulfillment Operations

This. I like this.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

froody guy posted:

Buzz Off
No gently caress You
Shart Apocalypse
Checkbox

ahujahadeen

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Foehammer007 posted:

Shut up Rutibex

Wow that's a productive post all your "cool" friends are going to be like WOW you told Rutibex to shutup that's so cool! I'm really only here to read Eve drama but this post and posts like it dilute my experience so cut it out, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rutibex posted:

I don't even play this game and i would log in to kill you