Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

Please let's not link "being a creepy codger" or "unwanted flirting" with actual dyed-in-the-wool rape.

For the record, what Reade accuses Biden of here goes way way beyond "unwanted flirting."

the former is part of the same pattern of behavior and disregard for consent that leads to the latter OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Either you believe shes lying or you don't. Shut up otherwise.

Trying to turn this into a binary black and white did she or didn't she is ridiculous. The world is so much more complex than that.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Doesn't matter how many times you ask for rare, it'll still come out overdone.

just add ketchup (or piss) and you get a trump special

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
I think you’re all being a little too harsh on Joe for his “you ain’t black” comment. Maybe he really thinks he’s a black man, like a reverse Clayton Bigsby.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1263949225446039553

holy poo poo 50 states

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Scientist Al Gore posted:

Trying to turn this into a binary black and white did she or didn't she is ridiculous. The world is so much more complex than that.

when the question is 'did she get raped by this man' the answer is actually very black and white, yes or no, do you believe her

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Well, the "don't hide that you are super racist"-strategy worked for trump, maybe biden is trying something similar. If trump hammers him on being rapey, maybe he can just bring a bunch of trumps victims to the debates, another proven strategy. I' sure it'll work out*

*actually, I have no loving idea. Trump was saying racist things, obvious falsehoods, over the top boasting, on a daily basis during the campaign, which I thought would sink him all the time.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Well, the "don't hide that you are super racist"-strategy worked for trump, maybe biden is trying something similar. If trump hammers him on being rapey, maybe he can just bring a bunch of trumps victims to the debates, another proven strategy. I' sure it'll work out*

*actually, I have no loving idea. Trump was saying racist things, obvious falsehoods, over the top boasting, on a daily basis during the campaign, which I thought would sink him all the time.

Trump's base/the Republican base loves that kind of stuff. The people the Democrats need to turn out for them don't. That's the difference.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Biden is constantly lying. Biden has been a notorious liar for 33 years.

When Biden first became a notorious liar Bad had been just released and the Macintosh II was on sale. Biden has been a notorious liar longer than AOC has been alive.

And in the last 24 hours Biden has been caught lying in public about his campaign credentials (again).

As Biden says, Biden will be Joe Biden, who is a notorious liar. He's not going to stop lying to us.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea all the republicans cashing in on this being all 'so come vote for us, the people who also hate you' are idiots but that's not 'really' the goal they want (most of them, some are dumb enough to think that could happen), their goal is to boost this racist bullshit as hard as possible and go 'look what Joe Biden really thinks of you, just like us' and make people stay home.

It worked with Clinton, it'll work now.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

If it was anybody but Trump I'd say Biden had zero chance. As it is he still might loving blow it.

This is the weakest walk back. If they're smart they'll keep him in the basement until November.

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1263915867189936128?s=19

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Cool you've decided to put the responsibility on the victim.

Just watching Joe Biden step on an infinite amount of rakes and giggling because it didn't have to be this way. Unlimited unforced errors.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:stare:

https://twitter.com/paulandstorm/status/1263959156194783235

EDIT: :gonk:

https://twitter.com/jessehawken/status/1263839385050644483

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Loucks posted:

This is maybe off-topic and definitely enough to identify me if you knew me at the time, but I have bad memories of a girl who had big breasts at fifteen having sex with a male high school teacher in his late twenties because everyone's reaction was "Wow, she's such a slut." No one seemed to think that the guy was a loving child predator; it was all on her. She ended up sleeping with (being raped by) at least one married guy in his forties and eventually while smoking weed one night she asked me to shave her head because she was "tired of being pretty."
One of the reasons I gained so much weight after leaving my ex was because I thought maybe men wouldn't think I was hot and I'd be safer somehow. Just meant I got even grosser and weirder poo poo from either chasers or guys who assumed I had low self esteem, who would do their best to take advantage of me.

what's in between "lying about being assaulted" and "wasn't assaulted"? "Was kinda assaulted"? "Wasn't assaulted if you don't count that as assault", "Was only touched against their will, not assaulted", "Was assaulted but only came forward because Putin"? What's the grey area? Where do you, personally, draw the line between sexual assault and sexual harassment?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

How did they find someone worse than Hillary

HOW?

When Hillary told that black activist who complained about the crime bill to go run for office if she didn't like it, it didn't make headlines, even though it was unbelievably smarmy and lovely (and that attitude would go on to bite her in the rear end as black people didn't turn out for her in critical states like Michigan)

He's not even the official nominee yet, and he's already making national headlines by saying poo poo that's literally beyond parody. Literally, like if you were writing a parody skit and some writer came up with that you'd tell them to shut the gently caress up because it's too offensive to even be a funny joke.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mat Cauthon posted:

If it was anybody but Trump I'd say Biden had zero chance. As it is he still might loving blow it.

This is the weakest walk back. If they're smart they'll keep him in the basement until November.

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1263915867189936128?s=19

Biden actually has worse chances because it's Trump, because Trump feeds on weakness and Joe is nothing but

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Explain how this isn't binary.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Scooter_McCabe posted:

I'm assuming you want to know about the highlighted part. Okay so Gitmo was designated to hold detainees from the War on Terror. It was a bad idea from the start, because a lot of innocent people got sent there without a trial, evidence or even good intel. So now you have a bunch of pissed off wrongfully imprisoned people that get mixed in with radicalized people. Really not hard to convince the wronged ones who the real enemy is. So Obama said he understood the evils of holding someone without a trial and the problems that imprisoning innocent people led to. So he said he would shut the whole operation down, instead he took a few steps instead and merely downsized it. Smaller but still evil.

Punting a SCOTUS nomination, he let Mitch McConnell talking him into letting the next president selecting the nominee. As a general rule any time McConnell approaches you about something you should immediately see red flags. So because he let it go it allowed for Kavanaugh to get appointed. Considering that RBG was up there, not having a more liberal judge on the bench essentially has given the GOP two judges to pick. That's going to wreck civil liberties for years to come. Evil.

So in Flint Michigan he was pushing that the water problem had been solved, and it was safe to drink the water. He brings out a glass of water which was later revealed to have come from bottled water and drank from it to illustrate his claim. So he hosed up the clean up of Flint and tried tricking people into drinking toxic waste. Evil.

Responding to earlier posts,

From what I understand, Obama took gitmo from hundreds of prisoners to maybe seventy if I recall. He didn't close it down but I don't know how anyone can say that isn't progress. Reading quickly, it looks he was blocked repeatedly by Congress namely Republicans who have federal prisoners in their states refusing to take prisoners. With that, to hear something like "Obama didn't close Gitmo!" doesn't show the whole picture.

As for SCOTUS, how did he let McConnell talk him into it? Dumb, no doubt but what was he working with to begin with during that time frame?

As for Flint, that makes no sense. It'll be decades or more to correct the Flint drinking water problem and anyone that understands the relatively simple science behind it. If Obama truly did this holy gently caress that's an enormous mistake.

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 22, 2020

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Yinlock posted:

Explain how this isn't binary.

I'm neutral on the whole situation but leaning towards Reade claims but again reserving judgement.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I'm neutral on the whole situation but leaning towards Reade claims but again reserving judgement.

That's your personal opinion, not nuance or complexity.

There are only two possibilities

1) Joe Biden raped Tara Reade
2) Joe Biden did not rape Tara Reade

there is a lot more evidence pointing to #1, there is no middle ground here. It's one or the other. You can withhold judgement yes, but that does not mean that the situation itself is more complex.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

As for SCOTUS, how did he let McConnell talk him into it? Dumb, no doubt but what was he working with to begin with during that time frame?

Oh, this one is easy. Obama did not let McConnell talk him into allowing the next president to fill the SCOTUS seat.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

what, exactly, is the 'neutral ground' between 'joe biden raped her' and 'joe did not rape her and she's lying', explain.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rigel posted:

Oh, this one is easy. Obama did not let McConnell talk him into allowing the next president to fill the SCOTUS seat.

McConnell usually got Obama to do whatever he wanted by threatening to raise a stink over something(that he would then raise a stink about anyway). Obama is remarkably spineless(and didn't really care anyway as long as he got paid) so it worked basically every time.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Yinlock posted:

McConnell usually got Obama to do whatever he wanted by threatening to raise a stink over something(that he would then raise a stink about anyway). Obama is remarkably spineless(and didn't really care anyway as long as he got paid) so it worked basically every time.

In this particular case, that did not happen.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

sexpig by night posted:

what, exactly, is the 'neutral ground' between 'joe biden raped her' and 'joe did not rape her and she's lying', explain.

Only thing I can think of is he's making a schrodinger's cat argument? Its still binary though even if we can't look inside the box.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I don't know about you but there were many times that Trump said or did something during the campaign that I thought would sink him. He made fun of handicapped people for christ sakes. Howard dean made a little yelp and that sunk him. Dukakis wore a stupid helmet and that sunk his campaign. How much do you think its the media not making this into something. They are supposed to be the fourth estate but they sure only care about ratings.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Rigel posted:

Yeah, that’s some bullshit right there. The bullshit being McConnell talked him into that situation. McConnell had zero reason to even have the need, since the Republicans controlled the Senate when that nomination came up, and even though Obama put someone up that was widely seen as a compromise, they were just like “lmao, no.”

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

No its not. She was either assaulted by Biden or wasnt. You desperately trying to find something to justify your disbelief after the fact is just gross.

Explain what the middle ground wrt her sexual assault is if its not so binary.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

generic one posted:

I think you’re all being a little too harsh on Joe for his “you ain’t black” comment. Maybe he really thinks he’s a black man, like a reverse Clayton Bigsby.

Clyburn made him an honorary black man, so yeah he probably does.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Revelation 2-13 posted:

the thing is that Trump himself does not care and neither does his base while a little more of Biden's peels off every single scandal.

Just look at how Biden had to apologize today for being a racist poo poo. Trump would've doubled-down while his base cheered him on, but Biden is naturally at odds with the people he needs to win over.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Either you believe her or you dont. No amount of "Well maybe she only thinks she was" or "Oh he didn't mean it like that" or "Oh she lied about a wholly separate thing at complete different time" moralizing wont change it.

Do you believe she was sexually assaulted?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If Biden wins there's no way the Democrats aren't destroyed in 2022. Obama at least had a functioning campaign. The Biden Campaign is the grossest example of political malpractice I have ever seen. They are entirely hoping covid kills off enough boomers that they vote for him as Not Trump and putting in zero effort otherwise. When he starts loving everyone over there will be no good will since he's just the default that got in to hit the Trump release valve. As someone that actually doesn't want Republicans in control I'm outraged at this farce.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Rigel posted:

Uh....

yes he did? That is exactly what happened. Obama could have escalated, and didn't because he's a spineless piece of poo poo. And the next President filled the seat. This is a matter of public record.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Personally I believe Biden raped that woman but I'm reserving judgment about if that's a bad thing or not.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

VitalSigns posted:

How did they find someone worse than Hillary

HOW?

When Hillary told that black activist who complained about the crime bill to go run for office if she didn't like it, it didn't make headlines, even though it was unbelievably smarmy and lovely (and that attitude would go on to bite her in the rear end as black people didn't turn out for her in critical states like Michigan)

He's not even the official nominee yet, and he's already making national headlines by saying poo poo that's literally beyond parody. Literally, like if you were writing a parody skit and some writer came up with that you'd tell them to shut the gently caress up because it's too offensive to even be a funny joke.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Biden at least has a spouse who is smart enough to not tell young Black people that they should be grateful to him for proving Black lives really matter by locking up as many Black criminals as he could. By that metric, nobody believes Black lives matter more than Bill Clinton, except maybe Joe Biden.

Of course the problem is that given an opening Joe Biden is likely to say something equally bad, or worse.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Rigel posted:

Only thing I can think of is he's making a schrodinger's cat argument? Its still binary though even if we can't look inside the box.

Umm, no?

I think it obvious there was at a minimum a specific conflict between both them that went well beyond what's appropriate for 90s White Collar Office culture. It might have not been rape but possibly sexual assault or sexual harassment.

The way she was pushed out is also suspicious but other posters have already gotten into details about that.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

just say you hate survivors

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Uh....

yes he did? That is exactly what happened. Obama could have escalated, and didn't because he's a spineless piece of poo poo. And the next President filled the seat. This is a matter of public record.

He should’ve asked to speak to the Constitution’s manager.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

The way that they're assassinating her character strongly suggests that, even if she's not legit she almost certainly is, there's someone who is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Umm, no?

I think it obvious there was at a minimum a specific conflict between both them that went well beyond what's appropriate for 90s White Collar Office culture. It might have not been rape but possibly sexual assault or sexual harassment.

The way she was pushed out is also suspicious but other posters have already gotten into details about that.

____________________________________________________/