Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OK where are the Tente and Capsela memes?

e: also,

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Dec 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Memes for the meme gawds

sorry I have to post this now:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Ah yes the coveted "do it yourself" reply yes nice very good

I actually initially searched for "friend gets together with toxic ex memes" and they were all stupid, so I just gave up :shrug:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

3D Megadoodoo posted:

OK where are the Tente and Capsela memes?

e: also,

Ah poo poo Capsela was the tits, I learned the word "impeller" from making a sub

And those robotix ones oh man why am I an adult

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Ah poo poo Capsela was the tits, I learned the word "impeller" from making a sub

And those robotix ones oh man why am I an adult

I just remembered Blockman, where the blocks were tiny articulated robots (the heads being the pegs).

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LOL! is there a Freddie one?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL! is there a Freddie one?

I haven't found one yet unfortunately

If I do, this thread will be the first to know

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

I'd go with istos instead, and maybe a different verb. Maybe imperfect tense so

istos habebam

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I'd go with istos instead, and maybe a different verb. Maybe imperfect tense so

istos habebam

Pretty sure it's VICI

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

boo_radley posted:

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1335729257323122689

some medium strength virgin/chad energy from ol' Alexamenos there
Bangin' cheeks on that Christ.

Also this is Greek so as much as I unironically enjoy a Latin derail you're all barking up the wrong crucifix.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

this clip is the same except the band on stage is the hu

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
it's written in greek tho so here's my best attempt

λυποῦμενος ἐστίν. ὦ ἀλεξάμενε δεσπασιτον κιθαρίζε

Mister Olympus has a new favorite as of 22:03 on Dec 7, 2020

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Imagine being dunked on so hard that thousands of humans, all over the face of the earth, hear about it almost 2000 years later and they all go "Dang!"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I took a roman history class in college and was told that Christians didn't use the cross as their symbol for a long time, instead using a shepherd or that weird symbol Constantine saw, because it was just so damned embarrassing that their god was killed like a common criminal

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean imagine billions of people worshipping a gold plated iron maiden or electric chair or "the gun that killed him"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I would totally wear a gold guillotine.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

marshmallow creep posted:

nothing stopping you

Starter Set

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It's just as tacky as I dreamed of.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

LifeSunDeath posted:

I actually initially searched for "friend gets together with toxic ex memes" and they were all stupid, so I just gave up :shrug:

Carry on then

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

I took a roman history class in college and was told that Christians didn't use the cross as their symbol for a long time, instead using a shepherd or that weird symbol Constantine saw, because it was just so damned embarrassing that their god was killed like a common criminal

a shepherd's crook is a much better symbol of christianity, yeah

but death cults are a thing. imagine if he'd been hanged. everyone walking around today with little nooses around their necks or sewn into the hem of their clothes

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

The Bloop posted:

nothing stopping you

Starter Set

This link offered me a coupon for two dollars off a purchase of at least three dollars. This is in line with everything I've ever heard about ali baba.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sagebrush posted:

a shepherd's crook is a much better symbol of christianity, yeah

but death cults are a thing. imagine if he'd been hanged. everyone walking around today with little nooses around their necks or sewn into the hem of their clothes

This is some Sithrak the Blind Gibberer kind of poo poo

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 22:44 on Dec 7, 2020

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

boo_radley posted:

This link offered me a coupon for two dollars off a purchase of at least three dollars. This is in line with everything I've ever heard about ali baba.

It is every bit as good and as bad as you've heard

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Woke Pob posted:

It triggered a flashback memory to me having these when I must have been 4 or 5 years old.
Same just now, except..

Woke Pob posted:

I didn't have a name associated with them so it took a bit of googling to find out they're Stickle Bricks..
This can't be right....

Brawnfire posted:

Edit: I'm in the US, I think mine were called BristleBlocks
Yeah! BristleBlocks!

Except....

OwlFancier posted:

Last time I saw them was in the waiting area at a bank, yes. But I think I had some when I was a kid.

Wait a God drat second. I don't think I ever had any of my own at all. I think I played with them exclusively in waiting areas of banks.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I had bristle blocks!

And capsella, and some inherited k'nex and construx, and Lincoln logs, and some broken leftovers of my brother's erector set and tinker toys

Obviously duplo/lego were the best

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

marshmallow creep posted:

How bout silver?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Here, have another thing that nobody has ever had at home but that appears in every kiddie corner of every waiting area ever.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I wonder if any family actually subscribed to Highlights

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Data Graham posted:

It was my favorite periodical in college

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

Here, have another thing that nobody has ever had at home but that appears in every kiddie corner of every waiting area ever.

I knew a guy who had some of these at his house, I used them as embrasures on my fort for rubber band fights

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

My family did for a little while

AND zoobooks

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

They also used a fish a lot because it was very easy to doodle and the Greek word for it ("ichthus") was an acronym for Ièsous Chreistos Theou Huios Sotèr (Jesus the Anointed, Son of God, Saviour) - Greek didn't have a separate character for 'H' and both 'CH' and 'TH' were one character.

e: Yes I am pope-posting

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Data Graham posted:

I mean imagine billions of people worshipping a gold plated iron maiden or electric chair or "the gun that killed him"

i haven't thought about this bit in years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJSZcxXe7IQ

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

hawowanlawow posted:

christians used to be cool and would provoke suicide by cop as a short cut to heaven. now they are all get rich regressive assholes.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

AND zoobooks

Zoobooks were legit.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Bloop posted:

AND zoobooks

Both of these, and Cricket magazine. Hells yes.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I appreciate the attention to detail on the mask. Going from the original SH2 one to the movie version and ending up with the crap from Dead by Daylight. #fucKonami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007