Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I was inspired by a post in the GBS deviantart thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JXzZpns6Lk

Thanks, I hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Bloop posted:

I had bristle blocks!

And capsella, and some inherited k'nex and construx, and Lincoln logs, and some broken leftovers of my brother's erector set and tinker toys

Obviously duplo/lego were the best
I liked Popoids, I was really into collapsing and expanding the little tubes, and the noise it made when you did so. Unfortunately the plastic eventually inevitably wore through if you did it too much.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

My Nana always got me a sub to Ranger Rick magazine.

It was filled with cute animals but also subversive ecological activism.

What kind of self-important raccoon has Ranger Rick turned into that he's too good to eat expired food? You're a raccoon Rick, you should be eating that food straight out of the garbage instead of guilt-tripping the badger over throwing it away.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Mierenneuker posted:

It's amazing that it is still kicking. Every kid who used to get Playmobil as a birthday gift has grown up by now. All of them bearing the knowledge you should just get Lego.

Contrary to popular opinion, they're called Playmobil not because of their size and weight, but because they're from the Mobil region of Germany; anything else are just sparkling prefabricated imaginationwerfers.

Edit: drat typos ruining my already bad jokes.

pseudorandom has a new favorite as of 07:07 on Dec 8, 2020

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If your toys are sparking you should probably get a male-male extension cord to feed the electricity back into the wall and get a refund from the power company

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

Switch the second and fourth panels

Like this?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Knormal posted:

I liked Popoids, I was really into collapsing and expanding the little tubes, and the noise it made when you did so. Unfortunately the plastic eventually inevitably wore through if you did it too much.

What kind of self-important raccoon has Ranger Rick turned into that he's too good to eat expired food? You're a raccoon Rick, you should be eating that food straight out of the garbage instead of guilt-tripping the badger over throwing it away.

Right? I remember him from the 80s and walking and talking around literal garbage dumps but that was the best recent image I could come up with.

love it

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Heheh imagine believing in sky daddy am I right? Y’all need to look into a scholar I like called Richard Dawkins

Is Dicky boy even still around? The hardcore atheist grift kind of died and all its fans moved on to other things to piss their pants about.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Mega Comrade posted:

Is Dicky boy even still around? The hardcore atheist grift kind of died and all its fans moved on to other things to piss their pants about.

rip to dick dorkins. died after coming too hard thinking of 2 dogs 69ing

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mega Comrade posted:

Yeah, all the internet atheists are either burnt out old millennials who never go online or die-hard Qanon CHUDs.

Gen Z came along and immediately went "no god would make this planet" and moved on to weird esoteric shitposting.

And, credit where it's due, r/atheism really did 99.999% of the heavy lefting in making atheism something that should never be discussed because you'll be associated with gigantic dorkwads.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Yeah, all the internet atheists are either burnt out old millennials who never go online or die-hard Qanon CHUDs.

Gen Z came along and immediately went "no god would make this planet" and moved on to weird esoteric shitposting.

And, credit where it's due, r/atheism really did 99.999% of the heavy lefting in making atheism something that should never be discussed because you'll be associated with gigantic dorkwads.

Yeah I have a higher power. It's either a group of druggies, a gathering of drunks or this doorknob.

I use the term "internet atheist" as a slur.

Even though whychristianssuck.com is now not available on the wayback machine because they simply put robots.txt in the url.

There were a few good ones on that site. When I was 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA7p5VwAXk0

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL! is there a Freddie one?

All caps LOLs seem really insincere and I don't know if that's intentional

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I have a friend who replies "ha ha ha" to things and the spaces between each "ha" seem to contain an ocean of resentment.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's the exclamation point I think. It's mocking me.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Get sharex. You can quickly snip the screen with a button combination, and it'll make you an imgur post from it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Knormal posted:

Blast from the long-forgotten past these.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

RandomFerret posted:

Switch the second and fourth panels

https://pixlr.com/e/

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Sagebrush posted:

a shepherd's crook is a much better symbol of christianity, yeah

but death cults are a thing. imagine if he'd been hanged. everyone walking around today with little nooses around their necks or sewn into the hem of their clothes

speaking of death cults the Circumcellions, an 4th century, Berber Christian cult, was fuckin' lit.

quote:

[The Circumcellions] condemned property and slavery, and advocated free love, canceling debt, and freeing slaves.[5] Donatists prized martyrdom and had a special devotion for the martyrs, rendering honours to their graves. The Circumcellions regarded martyrdom as the true Christian virtue and, on occasion, members of this group assaulted Roman legionaries or armed travelers with simple wooden clubs to provoke them into attacking and martyring them. Others interrupted courts of law and verbally provoked the judge so that he would order their immediate execution (a normal punishment at the time for contempt of court).

If your current life sucks and the afterlife rules but suicide's a sin and a one-way ticket to eternal damnation, why not insult the judge and hope he sentence you to death?

oscarthewilde has a new favorite as of 14:27 on Dec 8, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Sagebrush posted:

God is a real hosed up dude to be like "ok nobody on earth gets into heaven until I send a chunk of Me down to be born as this guy who will get tortured and murdered horribly a while later, and then once he's dead you all can come chill with me as long as you agree that I totally did that so that you can get into heaven."

like, seems like a couple of steps in the middle were unnecessary?? who's making the decisions here again??

https://youtu.be/S_dI2RW4qO8

Here’s a completely biblically accurate retelling that should clear up any theological confusion you may have.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Basticle posted:

just a PSA that https://www.archive.org has a shitload of old magazines available in a variety of file formats

there's also the long-running VANTASM thread which has content from a lot of children's magazines and comics among the many, many, many pictures of custom vans

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Boba Pearl posted:

Get sharex. You can quickly snip the screen with a button combination, and it'll make you an imgur post from it.

That seems like more work than just uploading the URL to ezgif and converting the stupid file.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

there's also the long-running VANTASM thread which has content from a lot of children's magazines and comics among the many, many, many pictures of custom vans

been helping my gf's son learn to grill, and my gf keeps laughing because I quit eating meat months ago but am cheerfully out there grilling stuff I'm never going to enjoy LOL. doesn't bother me one bit.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

been helping my gf's son learn to grill, and my gf keeps laughing because I quit eating meat months ago but am cheerfully out there grilling stuff I'm never going to enjoy LOL. doesn't bother me one bit.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

LVDEDESPACITO.ALEXAMENE
DESPACITO
ESPACITOD
SPACITODE
PACTIODES
ACTIODESP
CITODESPA
ITODESPAC
TODESPACI
ODESPACIT

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Get a decent browser losers.

Or do the Forums not embed WebP? I've never tried.

Edit: Ah I see, Imgur doesn't support WebP. The Forums seem to handle it fine, here's a Google test image.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Imgur does (which is why they're proliferating all of a sudden), but Safari and the iOS app don't.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
well the imgr plugin (or whatever) in the android app does not take them

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Data Graham posted:

Imgur does (which is why they're proliferating all of a sudden), but Safari and the iOS app don't.

why would anyone use Safari

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Data Graham posted:

Apple gonna Apple. Watch them come up with their own compressed image format instead of being compatible with others.

fake edit "You're embedding images wrong"

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

why would anyone use Safari

Safari is the only browser allowed on iPhones/iPads

"Chrome" and "Firefox" on iOS are just reskins of Safari

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

To show my contempt for Apple users, I will only post images in glorious .webp

Below are a collection of the most beautiful images ever created by mankind that the unclean are forbidden from viewing:

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

nexus6 posted:

Apple gonna Apple. Watch them come up with their own compressed image format instead of being compatible with others.

fake edit "You're embedding images wrong"

Too late, Apple is using JPEG2/JPEG2000. Of course they’re the only ones to do so.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Jabberlock posted:

Below are a collection of the most beautiful images ever created by mankind that the unclean are forbidden from viewing:
no ring

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jabberlock posted:

The Emperor's New Memes

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

CHOCOLATE!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Knormal posted:

Get a decent browser losers.

Or do the Forums not embed WebP? I've never tried.

Edit: Ah I see, Imgur doesn't support WebP. The Forums seem to handle it fine, here's a Google test image.

i can see this just fine on safari on an iphone

it’s incredible how much some users talk out their assholes