Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A buddy snagged me the Energon Universe FCBD special and it certainly points to some interesting stuff coming up.

Aw, bye Brawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/05/11/legacy-star-raiders-leader-class-thundertron-with-calcitron-and-nightstrike-first-look-511246

Wal-Mart leader Thundertron got leaked, and it’s totally superior to the Voyager release. Thundertron himself is remolded, with a hook hand and a new head similar to the original Prime design. Comes with a new head partial of Magneous as a new Armorizer named Calcitron and a Ratbat redeco as RID15 Nightstrike, who turns into the Star Raiders’ Jolly Roger. As an added bit that’s neat, Thundertron has connectors on his shoulder that allow the Ratbat mold to peg in.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

A buddy snagged me the Energon Universe FCBD special and it certainly points to some interesting stuff coming up.

Aw, bye Brawn.

It was great.

Poor Brawn, but if his body is in the ARK he can still be rebuilt and recovered. Probably. It's hard to know what a definite kill is at this point.

Happy we finally saw what happened during the ARK fight itself and the crash. Starscream causing Megatron to crash to Earth has become a thing. It's tradition at this point.

After his escape from Cobra La, Megs was looking rather worse for wear at the end there, unless he has a self repair system that does eyes Megatron is in a bad way. Down both eyes and an arm.

We also got Hot Rod!

Not Transformers related but a certain someone joining the Joe team was a hell of a surprise.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

Not Transformers related but a certain someone joining the Joe team was a hell of a surprise. [/spoiler]

And a fun way to introduce two other Joe standbys.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
So I was thinking of buying a Metroplex as a display base for my small collection of core class dudes.

So are my only options the original 80s version or the version from 2014 which seems to be stupid expensive?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Red Rox posted:

So I was thinking of buying a Metroplex as a display base for my small collection of core class dudes.

So are my only options the original 80s version or the version from 2014 which seems to be stupid expensive?

Pretty much. I managed to snag a Metroplex on Ebay for like £130 a couple of years back, you CAN get lucky. You might have better luck with an Omega Supreme or Guardian recolour of him. Or even a Black Zarak, those seem to go for better prices than other Titans.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Nodosaur posted:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/05/11/legacy-star-raiders-leader-class-thundertron-with-calcitron-and-nightstrike-first-look-511246

Wal-Mart leader Thundertron got leaked, and it’s totally superior to the Voyager release. Thundertron himself is remolded, with a hook hand and a new head similar to the original Prime design. Comes with a new head partial of Magneous as a new Armorizer named Calcitron and a Ratbat redeco as RID15 Nightstrike, who turns into the Star Raiders’ Jolly Roger. As an added bit that’s neat, Thundertron has connectors on his shoulder that allow the Ratbat mold to peg in.

The Voyager had those connectors too, no one just put it together until this set got leaked

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Fil5000 posted:

Pretty much. I managed to snag a Metroplex on Ebay for like £130 a couple of years back, you CAN get lucky. You might have better luck with an Omega Supreme or Guardian recolour of him. Or even a Black Zarak, those seem to go for better prices than other Titans.

Ah wait there seem to be some third party versions - Vladivostok and Utopia? But I guess they’re smaller?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You could get the Legacy Cybertron Metroplex.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Red Rox posted:

Ah wait there seem to be some third party versions - Vladivostok and Utopia? But I guess they’re smaller?

Not familiar with them particularly, Vladivostok looks like he's about six inches shorter than the 2013 one, Utopia similar. Probably not THAT big a deal for core size figures given stuff like deluxe Cliffjumper, Sideswipe and Hound can all fit on the roads/paths that are on the one I have.

Dabir posted:

You could get the Legacy Cybertron Metroplex.

I almost suggested this but he hasn't got a base mode, just the gigantic vehicle mode so I didn't know how that would work for the sort of display Red Rox is talking about.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The giant vehicle is basically a base. It's essentially a Cybertronian Bagger 288. And it has War for Cybertron Trilogy base connectors in the legs, so I think Hasbro agree.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Fair enough, I've never seen it in person so wasn't aware of that and didn't want to recommend something I've not had hands on.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Fil5000 posted:

Not familiar with them particularly, Vladivostok looks like he's about six inches shorter than the 2013 one, Utopia similar. Probably not THAT big a deal for core size figures given stuff like deluxe Cliffjumper, Sideswipe and Hound can all fit on the roads/paths that are on the one I have.

I almost suggested this but he hasn't got a base mode, just the gigantic vehicle mode so I didn't know how that would work for the sort of display Red Rox is talking about.

The cybertron version doesn’t do it for me - you’re right the lack of proper base mode and the different colors put me off. Though I noticed it doesn’t seem to be selling around here so maybe it will start being heavily discounted soon.

The third party ones are a reasonable price but yeah a little on the small size. The core class guys look big on him. But maybe I could leave him in bit mode and he could be kneeling in the middle of the action, smashing some Decepticons together or something.

Also any idea who these little cuties are?

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 13, 2024

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If they're very small, very good and third party, maybe NewAge.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fil5000 posted:

Yeah, it's not really anything I could have done about because I only got into buying Transformers right after he came out, or thereabouts, but boy do I hate seeing Metroplex go for a mortgage payment. I've got all the others - well, technically, I don't have Fort Max but I supposedly have him on pre-order from BBTS - so Metro stands out.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Other alternatives to Metroplex:
  • Fort Max
  • Trypticon
  • Omega Supreme
  • Scorponok
  • Getting a bunch of Earthrise guys together (still usually out of scale, but just having the ramps is a bit nice)
  • Legacy Motormaster
  • Legacy Laser Optimus
  • Toxitron
  • Armada Optimus
  • Tidal Wave

The newer Armada Megatron doesn't look like he has many minicon base features. I guess in theory you could maybe go to another toy brand, but I don't think I've seen any car playsets lately.

Fil5000 posted:

Technically those gigantic mining machines do usually have a normal-rear end office built into them, so they're a mid ground between vehicle and building.

Red Rox posted:

Also any idea who these little cuties are?

Those are probably the Jada Toys Nano Metalfigs, which may be technically third party, but they're officially licensed. I've seen packs of them in Target.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The Jada Toys figures are non-transforming, FYI.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Red Rox posted:

There's actually a new G1 Metroplex knockoff that just dropped. Reviews are kind of mid, apparently quality is so-so and it's grey instead of off-white, but for just a base it'd probably do what you need. But be aware that G1 Metroplex is pretty small, his base mode is going to get covered in core class figures very quickly.

Also there's rumors that next year's titan is going to be a new version of Metroplex, but nothing concrete.

I have no idea if this is a reliable seller or not, this is just an example of what you'd be looking for.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806587768319.html

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The tiny Dr Wu micromaster size dudes go great with Metroplex, Fortmax, etc

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Picked up a Studio Series 86 Jazz that my local independent shop found in the back today. This is... a very good toy!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Yeah he's great, as is the Knock Out that's a retool of him. Ss86 has given us some absolute bangers.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fil5000 posted:

Ss86 has given us some absolute bangers.

Hot Rod would probably be one of my all time favorites if Kingdom Rodimus hadn't been along that same year

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Hot Rod and Rodimus figures were both awesome.

Being from the time of the originals and to see these, it really makes them come off as even more amazing.

We've come a long ways.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

This is most of my mini core crew so far - I also have Hot Rod, Ratchet, Ironhide, and a badly painted custom of Blaster. Might pick up Mirage too, he's cool.

I'm thinking it would be badass to have Metroplex down on one knee in the middle, slamming someone down under his foot and picking someone else up. Maybe that would look better than the base mode if the scale is off.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I do something like that with my core class figures. I wish I had actual decent lighting on this shelf. It's the only place this fits my home.

Apologies for the photo quality.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ah nice one! Yeah that's the kind of thing I'm thinking of. Having a big boy in the middle of the chaos makes it a lot more interesting - instead of everyone being on the same shelf level it can be a bit more dynamic.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1790371367101108525

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

I wish it was a bit more Beetley, but it's pretty nice.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://x.com/RT_com/status/1790094660997886344

Alright which of you was it

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Oooo Straxus

Galvatron remold so his alt mode is super BS

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/dailydiecastsg/status/1790353429484933188

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
What a fun way to learn that Elon is censoring Russia Today in the UK.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oooo Straxus

Galvatron remold so his alt mode is super BS

https://twitter.com/SixoTF/status/1790406247428022768

Yep, that's an alt mode alright

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I thought the choro-q style second MP was bullshit but I don't mind in the slightest here

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
A friend showed me these which look pretty fun, little model kit Transformers. Not sure how good the quality is but.

https://blokees.com/products/blokees-figures-transformers-galaxy-version-01-roll-out

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
They look real cute at least.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

More than meets the eye.

I'm disappointed they stuck with the partsforming fists of the original toy, but this was what I was hoping we'd get out of the Hot Wheels collab. I have no interest in the cars with a robot face on the bottom.

I mean...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Knormal posted:

More than meets the eye.

I'm disappointed they stuck with the partsforming fists of the original toy, but this was what I was hoping we'd get out of the Hot Wheels collab. I have no interest in the cars with a robot face on the bottom.

I mean...

Yeah, Straxus was a cannon like that in the comics before Galvatron, surprisingly.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yeah, dang, that really is spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It's literally decades since I last saw his alt mode but yeah, my feeling on seeing it was "yup, that's Straxus all right". They did a great job considered.