Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
New-Superman and HatGLC are both good this week, I'm eh on Action Comics, just a re-re-re-re-re-retelling of Supermans origin. It's Superman's origin. It's basically a filler issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Clark visits Kara issue of Supergirl was great. Kara and Jon were just :kimchi: and I hope we see more of that team up.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh yeah, the OG Outlaws are still canon :dance:

And this a fantastic page. Good to have Soy back.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Not even Jason Todd likes Jason Todd

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Roth posted:

Not even Jason Todd likes Jason Todd

Hey, sometimes you got deep self-loathing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Rucka's done with ww after #25

http://ruckawriter.tumblr.com/post/159495984388/leaving-diana

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aw poo. At least it's on his own terms

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Ahhh motherfuck, it's probably the "best case scenario" for him leaving that we could expect -- finish out the story, wrap it all up nice for the next writer, gtfo while the going's good -- but still. Motherfuck. I'd hoped for at least two years! The sales certainly support a longer tenure than a single year, though I guess technically it's already been two years' worth of issues.

Well I hope they start hammering out that Frank Cho deal while the going's good! :v:
Or hey, maybe they'll really throw us a bone here and unleash The Finches 2: Finch More.

(seriously though maybe they can still get that Marguerite Bennett run that was rumored a while back)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm sure Cho will open his loving mouth about this shortly.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I'm not surprised. No run lasts forever* and it always felt like he had a story he wanted to tell when he was given this book. He's gotten to a point in his career where he can comfortably do his creator owned stuff without issue, so good for him.

Now let's pray hard those BleedingCool rumors some months ago about Cho taking over next are just smoke.

*(except Dan Slott Spider-Man but that's a discussion for the Marvel thread)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The possibility of it going to a lamebrain next is scary, but Black Magick coming back: :toot:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Ahhh motherfuck, it's probably the "best case scenario" for him leaving that we could expect -- finish out the story, wrap it all up nice for the next writer, gtfo while the going's good -- but still. Motherfuck. I'd hoped for at least two years! The sales certainly support a longer tenure than a single year, though I guess technically it's already been two years' worth of issues.

Well I hope they start hammering out that Frank Cho deal while the going's good! :v:
Or hey, maybe they'll really throw us a bone here and unleash The Finches 2: Finch More.

(seriously though maybe they can still get that Marguerite Bennett run that was rumored a while back)

25 issues is two years. He just did it in one, which is shockingly why he can't maintain the pace.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

The possibility of it going to a lamebrain next is scary, but Black Magick coming back: :toot:

It sucks that he's leavihg, but I'm more excited by this than another year of Wonder Woman

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Now announce Rucka's new Question monthly.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
That was a drat solid run of Wonder Woman, and to do that many issues in half the normal time is impressive. Really curious to see who gets the baton.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/852259365058994177

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is that Barda and Scott?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Is that Barda and Scott?

:toot: anyone guess an artist? From the splats and shading, maybe Jock or Riley Rossmo?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I gotta say that reuniting Barda and Scott by Tom King is basically something that would get me to buy a book if the art was by Greg Land.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

quote:

DEATHSTROKE #21
Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST—Art by DIOGENES NEVES—Cover by RYAN SOOK—Variant cover by SHANE DAVIS
*Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
“DEFIANCE” part one! A new day has dawned for Deathstroke. Having emerged from the Speed Force a changed man, Slade Wilson takes aim at living a better life—a life in service of justice. But when the world refuses to accept the new Deathstroke, Slade recruits a group of young heroes to join him including including former Teen Titans, Kid Flash and Power Girl, his children, Rose and Jericho, and the bombastic Terra! But has Slade truly shed his villainous past? And what other shadowy forces are working against him? Find out as Deathstroke’s bold new direction begins here!
On sale JULY 5 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Ok, I am pretty interested. Does that mean Wally is leaving Teen Titans?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Ok, I am pretty interested. Does that mean Wally is leaving Teen Titans?

Lame. They could have brought Bart back.

FOURTH WORLD WORTH WORLD FOURTH WORLD

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Tom King does rad space stuff. If he's writing Barda and Scott, I'm in.

And that Deathstroke stuff is... something. Not sure how to even react to it just yet. Not a fan of the cape thing Slade has going on though. Are him and Terra still gonna have their weird and creepy relationship?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Hopefully DC learned from marvel and doesn't try to spin all these people off like the mercs for money disaster

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Here you go DT

A kid traded away a Red Hood minifig for one of the generic ones I had on me at work today.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
you got suckered because there's a piece missing

he's supposed to be wearing the traditional capsule helmet and then you pull it off to reveal jason todd red hood underneath

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can't exactly say no to any kids wanting to trade :v:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
SHAKE THESE KIDS DOWN ROTH ITS THE ONLY WAY THEY'LL LEARN

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

he should also have a cape

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

And a 'kick me' sign.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Roth posted:

Here you go DT

A kid traded away a Red Hood minifig for one of the generic ones I had on me at work today.

Probably he traded it away because is not the cool Red Hood

:v:

Anyways, I give it a look to Action Comics and I found disappointing that they also doing away with Superbro's version of Jor El and Lara. I liked them much more when Lara was a kick rear end officer than just a mere wife.

Also it sucks the cool Krptonian armors are gone as well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Probably he traded it away because is not the cool Red Hood

Well obviously it can't be a thing that doesn't exist.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If Jason walked around in the old Red Hood costume he'd get an additional two cool points bringing his total up to 2.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
All those Red Hoods are missing crowbars.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That was in Morrison's Batman and Robin where he was a brain damaged ginge.
Not necessarily cool, but the best portrayal.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I improved that one panel from Infinite Crisis of Superboy Prime ripping off Risk's arm because now it's Red Hood

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

I improved that one panel from Infinite Crisis of Superboy Prime ripping off Risk's arm because now it's Red Hood

Now replace Risk in the panel with DT.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Now replace Risk in the panel with DT.

Hey, didn't new comics come out today? Why am I doing this instead of reading them and/or writing my papers that are due tomorrow?

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Roth posted:

Hey, didn't new comics come out today? Why am I doing this instead of reading them and/or writing my papers that are due tomorrow?

You're making my world a better place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

This is wonderful in all the ways