Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If you have NFL Redzone they do an active/inactive segment about an hour before kickoff, and touch on it again about 30 minutes before kickoff. Maybe even a reminder 5 minutes before, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Is there a reason why the Giants defense is projected so high? I thought they were garbage? In my league they're projected at 11 points.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

MacheteZombie posted:

If you have NFL Redzone they do an active/inactive segment about an hour before kickoff, and touch on it again about 30 minutes before kickoff. Maybe even a reminder 5 minutes before, iirc.

Sleeperbot and Twitter > *

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

dphi posted:

Sup shady/zeke owner. Looks like I'll be deciding between Spiller/Drauhn/Cadet lol, 16 team leagues are something.

I feel your pain. Nothing better than having a high waiver right when an injury fucks with your lineup.

I'm safe... this time

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

pubic works project posted:

Is there a reason why the Giants defense is projected so high? I thought they were garbage? In my league they're projected at 11 points.

They've been projected well all season and I have no idea why. Well I guess I do, because they are a much better team on paper than they're playing, but still at a certain point you'd think the fantasy services would tweak their weights or something.

I was really hoping they would be a decent set-and-forget option.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

London games are poo poo shows in general, and the Giants rushing defense is actually top 10 this year.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Trade question:

I need to clear up a bench spot before Sunday to pick up a Defense, and I'd like to avoid dropping any players if I can help it. Here's my roster:

QB: Carr
RB: Gordon, Gore, Hill, McKinnon, DwayneWash, Gillislee
WR: AJG, Evans, M. Jones, Hopkins, Maclin, DJax
TE: Henry, Pitta
K: Tucker

Another owner has no RB depth behind Miller and Freeman, so I pitched him the following offer:

I Give: Marvin Jones, Jeremy Hill
I Get: Amari Cooper

I think Cooper will finish higher than Jones ROS, and while I'm probably giving up more value in the deal, I think it makes my team better as a whole.

I don't really feel comfortable predicting which weeks to start Hill (have failed miserably so far), and have some other options behind Gordon and Gore if needed for byes and emergencies. Thoughts on that deal?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Inspector_666 posted:

They've been projected well all season and I have no idea why. Well I guess I do, because they are a much better team on paper than they're playing, but still at a certain point you'd think the fantasy services would tweak their weights or something.

I was really hoping they would be a decent set-and-forget option.

Mikey Purp posted:

London games are poo poo shows in general, and the Giants rushing defense is actually top 10 this year.

Okay so I'm considering picking them up when my trade processes tomorrow and it gives me 2 slots. I already have Vikings defense, but I'm second-guessing everything now after Jordy got me .9 last night.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Okay so I'm considering picking them up when my trade processes tomorrow and it gives me 2 slots. I already have Vikings defense, but I'm second-guessing everything now after Jordy got me .9 last night.

:lol: nope, start the Vikings.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Cervixalot posted:

Trade question:

I need to clear up a bench spot before Sunday to pick up a Defense, and I'd like to avoid dropping any players if I can help it. Here's my roster:

Another owner has no RB depth behind Miller and Freeman, so I pitched him the following offer:

I think Cooper will finish higher than Jones ROS, and while I'm probably giving up more value in the deal, I think it makes my team better as a whole.

I don't really feel comfortable predicting which weeks to start Hill (have failed miserably so far), and have some other options behind Gordon and Gore if needed for byes and emergencies. Thoughts on that deal?

I'd do that.

LmaoTheKid posted:

:lol: nope, start the Vikings.

Also this.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Huh? Just start Minnesota. Don't overthink it.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Trade question:

I think it's a reasonable offer. I'd rather target a RB though. You're already stacked at WR.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Gobias Ind. posted:

I think it's a reasonable offer. I'd rather target a RB though. You're already stacked at WR.

Good point - think Gore + Jones is enough to get DeMarco Murray? The Murray owner's WR corps is a disappointing one (Jordy, Alshon, Sterling Shep).

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Good point - think Gore + Jones is enough to get DeMarco Murray? The Murray owner's WR corps is a disappointing one (Jordy, Alshon, Sterling Shep).

Worth a shot! It might take more than that; depends how desperate they feel after last night's game.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Who will perform best in Week 8?

Wentz @Dal
Bradford @Chi
Geno (!!!) @Cle
Brockstar Det
Siemian SD

Ok quarterbacks in meh matchups or bad quarterbacks in good ones. As you can see things are looking good for me at the QB position.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popero posted:

Who will perform best in Week 8?

Wentz @Dal
Bradford @Chi
Geno (!!!) @Cle
Brockstar Det
Siemian SD

Ok quarterbacks in meh matchups or bad quarterbacks in good ones. As you can see things are looking good for me at the QB position.

I would say Bradford just based off of how godawful the Bears looked at stopping anything last night but...wow, what a choice of options.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I think I'm going to play it safe and keep Gillislee on my active and McCoy on the bench.

I really hope they don't play McCoy and the pushing him to play thing is just a bluff. It would be really dumb if they push him into hurting himself more.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

jadebullet posted:

I think I'm going to play it safe and keep Gillislee on my active and McCoy on the bench.

I really hope they don't play McCoy and the pushing him to play thing is just a bluff. It would be really dumb if they push him into hurting himself more.

Rex Ryan is a moron.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

jadebullet posted:

I'm confused. Why don't you tune in Sunday an hour before the game and see whether McCoy is active? If not, great, makes your decision easy. If he is active, you can decide then whether to go with one of those two or another option on your bench.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Yeah you don't have to commit either way right now, unless you're going to a cabin in the woods for the weekend and don't have internet access?

If that's the case then yeah I'd take my chances with Gillislee. He'll definitely be playing, even if he doesn't start.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
drat Charles had a set back. One of my favorite players hate to see it happen to him was looking forward to seeing him on the field again.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
In a sense, it sucks I spent a 2nd round pick on Charles..

...but I wouldn't have drafted Ware, so it's kinda like I have a functioning Charles. Sort of.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

axelord posted:

drat Charles had a set back

:rip:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

89 posted:

In a sense, it sucks I spent a 2nd round pick on Charles..

...but I wouldn't have drafted Ware, so it's kinda like I have a functioning Charles. Sort of.

Holy loving poo poo, my trade on Wednesday of Marshall and Ware for McCoy and Graham is really blowing up in my face big time.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I love Jamaal Charles and I feel really lovely for him and it's such a bummer that a transcendent football talent seems to be struck down at least a year or two earlier than it should've happened naturally, but I can't overstate just how much I like being right about things

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
When running backs go they usually go fast.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

30 year old RBs having a second knee surgery and then having a delayed return timetable is never going to turn out well, I don't care how talented he is

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Seriously, what are our expectations for Lamar Miller this Sunday against Denver?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Look, another guy with those initials rose form the dead in a few days too.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

Seriously, what are our expectations for Lamar Miller this Sunday against Denver?

I don't know. Denver has given up decent to good fantasy production to RBs, and their top notch DBs mean teams should be emphasizing the run game. On the other hand, Houston is awful and I don't trust that they won't get blown out and abandon the run.

I just nabbed Ware in a shallow league, so currently trying to pick two out of Ware, Miller, and Michael. Not sure there's a right answer.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

Look, another guy with those initials rose form the dead in a few days too.

not a good comp since I'd say that he probably would've had some issues holding on to the football

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Which of the following garbage tier tight ends should I grab, if Charles Clay doesn't play?

Lance Kendricks TE - LA v NYG
C.J. Uzomah TE - CIN v CLE
Vernon Davis TE - WAS @DET
Virgil Green TE - DEN v HOU
Larry Donnell TE - NYG @LA (London)
Jermaine Gresham TE - ARI v SEA
Marcedes Lewis TE - JAX v OAK
Demetrius Harris TE - KC v. NO
Austin Hooper TE - ATL v SD
Levine Toilolo TE - ATL v SD
Anthony Fasano TE - TEN v IND
Will Tye TE - NYG @LA (London)
C.J. Fiedorowicz TE - HOU @DEN

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Teemu Pokemon posted:

not a good comp since I'd say that he probably would've had some issues holding on to the football

you rear end in a top hat, my keyboard is covered in water now

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Leperflesh posted:

Which of the following garbage tier tight ends should I grab, if Charles Clay doesn't play?

Lance Kendricks TE - LA v NYG
C.J. Uzomah TE - CIN v CLE
Vernon Davis TE - WAS @DET
Virgil Green TE - DEN v HOU
Larry Donnell TE - NYG @LA (London)
Jermaine Gresham TE - ARI v SEA
Marcedes Lewis TE - JAX v OAK
Demetrius Harris TE - KC v. NO
Austin Hooper TE - ATL v SD
Levine Toilolo TE - ATL v SD
Anthony Fasano TE - TEN v IND
Will Tye TE - NYG @LA (London)
C.J. Fiedorowicz TE - HOU @DEN

I'll probably need a Reed replacement this weekend and I was just leaning towards Davis.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

you rear end in a top hat, my keyboard is covered in water now

I bet he could've helped with that too imo

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Anyone know what I should be doing with Latavius Murray right now?

If trading, what should I expect for him?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Charles had "knee swelling". I'm not sure that falls into setback territory.

Also possible coach gamesmanship here maybe.

edit:

quote:

“Jamaal’s knee had a little bit of swelling & we were just taking it down for today. We think everything will be alright."

~ Andy Reid.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 21, 2016

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Hi I'm a dummy and can't independently evaluate trades but a 1-5 team just traded Ezekiel Elliot to a 5-1 team for A A Ron and Blount.

It's 8 team league so my thinking is they could've picked up a reasonable QB off the wire and Blount is a week to week back depending on Billy's game plan.

Bullshit trade or an I being a baby?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Crazyweasel posted:

Hi I'm a dummy and can't independently evaluate trades but a 1-5 team just traded Ezekiel Elliot to a 5-1 team for A A Ron and Blount.

It's 8 team league so my thinking is they could've picked up a reasonable QB off the wire and Blount is a week to week back depending on Billy's game plan.

Bullshit trade or an I being a baby?

Probably a bad trade, but I don't think it's malicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Boon posted:

Anyone know what I should be doing with Latavius Murray right now?

If trading, what should I expect for him?

I'd hold onto him if you need an RB. News about him has been positive about him returning this week.

• Locked thread