Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Strange Matter posted:

I will go to my grave assured that many of the Thing 52 Review improvements were based on ideas that I had posted on the O-Forums. I left my mark on that dumb game, dagnabbit
The leaked movement legendary that never happened was almost word for word what I suggested on the forums, RIP dead dumb game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Fool! Doom does as he pleases! :gaz:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ponzicar posted:

Also, it seems that there has been a secret City of Heroes private server running for the last six years. Maybe the real reason this thread is still alive is that there's a secret private MH server running somewhere, and you guys are just being stingy with the invitations.

On the one hand I'm kinda pissed I never found out about this, but on the other I gave up CoH about two years before it closed and there's a lot of games I probably never would've touched if I could've just kept playing so, maybe it was for the best.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

ponzicar posted:

Also, it seems that there has been a secret City of Heroes private server running for the last six years. Maybe the real reason this thread is still alive is that there's a secret private MH server running somewhere, and you guys are just being stingy with the invitations.

I feel personally attacked by this information.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

war machine's heat mechanic with the venting it as an attack was from my write-up for war machine way before he got developed and announced and etc and im going to stick to claiming that was me, forever. you cant prove me wrong at this point.

tippy toe's itty bitty bow was not enough. i must lay claim to every piece of this game i can

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sea Lily posted:

war machine's heat mechanic with the venting it as an attack was from my write-up for war machine way before he got developed and announced and etc and im going to stick to claiming that was me, forever. you cant prove me wrong at this point.

I don't care whose idea it was or that I don't recall any version of War Machine having a particular issue with overheating, that mechanic was dope and his power review that turned it into a Martian heat ray you could charge on purpose and fire all the drat time owned so hard

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I suggested Colossus having an armour bubble instead of spirit, but not his big nukes completely draining it and making him worthless.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I miss SG's 3D squirrels that could make other people suffer.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
The lack of nutfacts in other marvel properties is highly disturbing and disappointing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I miss SG's 3D squirrels that could make other people suffer.

Too many bones in the squirrels

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Erdricks posted:

The lack of nutfacts in other marvel properties is highly disturbing and disappointing.

I keep forgetting if peanuts are nuts or not and its loving pissing me off

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Truly, Doreen Green was performing a needed service

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

They had to remove the bones from squirrels to make sure they weren't breaking the game

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Marvel Heroes was such an inefficient shitshow, I'm convinced it killed my laptop hard drive by searching for all the hero assets over and over because they were constantly being bumped out of ram by other hero assets.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Strange Matter posted:

I will go to my grave assured that many of the Thing 52 Review improvements were based on ideas that I had posted on the O-Forums. I left my mark on that dumb game, dagnabbit

did you come up with the pie throwers? they ruled

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

Marvel Heroes was such an inefficient shitshow, I'm convinced it killed my laptop hard drive by searching for all the hero assets over and over because they were constantly being bumped out of ram by other hero assets.

if ur havin performance issues try turning all graphics settings to max

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

punchymcpunch posted:

if ur havin performance issues try turning all graphics settings to max

lol i had forgotten about that

this fuckin game

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I miss being able to teleport too fast for my SSD to load the assets, resulting in me having to wait at the edge of reality for several seconds. Really made the chaos magics of the with named Wanda feel real, you know?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
You didn't need an SSD to move faster than the game could draw.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hearing they nerfed the mobility powers is a real puzzler. That was one of the big things it had over other ARPGs. Screw clearing trash.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ponzicar posted:

They consolized the movement and skill system of the PC version. I think one of the devs said it was because while they were developing the console version, they thought they were going to lose the license for the PC platform, but it apparently got extended. It was nice of them to make the game bad so that the actual death wasn't quite as painful I guess.

it would be way too expensive to hire a professional switch flipper dude

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Jazerus posted:

it would be way too expensive to hire a professional switch flipper dude

Guy running the secret server who won't invite non-bootlickers: The switch flipping technology is very expensive to maintain and will take weeks , months, to setup
Community: Within a day of getting the code we got it working with lower requirements and we now have a proof of concept switch flipper online

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I'm the proof of concept flipper

I'm also the guy who had to retype the event messages each time they happened

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Handcrafted artisinal server event notices

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mangeto

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Cerebro

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I can't wait for squirrel girl x deadpool movie.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Erdricks posted:

I can't wait for squirrel girl x deadpool movie.

This but unironically

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Game: has movement powers that let you clear real fast, has achievements for speed clearing to emphasize this.

Grognard developer: "I'm putting in cooldowns because gently caress you."

Me: "I was going to come back and finish Cosmicing Doom before the game ends but now I'm not so sure."

Purr Objectives
Mar 3, 2017

Live fast, die young, and leave a beautiful corpse.
God I miss this game.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I still can't believe the ult upgrade tokens made a difference of 10 minutes on the CD timer.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Move skills weren't spammable anymore. They had charges and long cooldowns to get charges back. Everyone got a free "sprinting" power, but it was infinitely slower than teleporting like a madman. They said something like, "Why the gently caress did we build this whole level if people are gonna just teleport through it? gently caress you nerds, you're seeing every inch of our meticulously hand-crafted level".

Im glad I stopped playing before I lived to witness that madness

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Andrigaar posted:

I still can't believe the ult upgrade tokens made a difference of 10 minutes on the CD timer.

and %1 to sig damage. which meant we had to max everyone's ults, be we're stupid.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

NoMas posted:

Im glad I stopped playing before I lived to witness that madness

no one believed the obvious fact that it was obviously to make it console friendly and no other reason lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i remember everyone laughing about how the dev team were like "this was a really important change for gameplay purposes and we took a lot of time in thinking out the ramifications of it, and we take it very seriously" because everyone absolutely knew it was done solely for the console port's performance without anything else being considered.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
pagan online is in early access!

i don’t like it!

oh well!

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

802.11weed posted:

pagan online is in early access!

i don’t like it!

oh well!

Last epoch beta next week it's early but it's not bad

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Purr Objectives posted:

God I miss this game.

Me too :(

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

If youre itching for arpg, Diablo 2 Resurgence is kinda neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Getting real work is hard these days for squirrel girls squirrels.