Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
You seem obsessed with dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Legs Benedict posted:

Where did you get the emblem

Cayde's stashe

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man that last boss fight kinda sucked rear end, at least it had checkpoints though.

Tried some PvP - Quickmatch is fun if you don't get teamed up against a clan fireteam (seriously why is that even allowed), "competitive" mode is real, real bad and rounds last way too long.

I think PvP will be more enjoyable once more people have started getting into it and ELO scores kick in or whatever, cause boy howdy there is some wacky poo poo right now, like the competitive capture match I played where one single player wiped our entire team every round and literally nobody else on either team got a single kill lol.

Getting auto-leveled to 20 at the end of the campaign was a nice touch, though I was only like one and a half levels away anyway. Kinda miss the Farm but there's some cool views so it's a wash.

Also, if I want to roll another class, do I have to do the entire campaign again or is there some D3-adventure-mode type of thing? It was an alright campaign but there was nothing I'd particularly care to replay, which is odd since I played the first few Halo campaigns numerous times. Dunno what was missing for me here.

I found the last boss to be too easy. You just have to keep your wits and not panic and you can wear his dumb rear end down.
Farm's not dead. :ssh:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Fuuuck

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Clan poo poo is still not working in game...

Anybody else having this problem?

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
I would like to join the PS4 clan, as well. PSN: SpaceLeftEmpty

How!
Oct 29, 2009

All the clan features are working except the roster for me.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Can I just give a shoutout to Legendarie, for Guardians who want that purple glow? Because dang yes.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

Daric posted:

You seem obsessed with dicks

Yes I am. Oh you were talking to someone else?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Am I missing something or are Siren's Watch and The Rig the only areas on Titan that have any landing zones, adventures or lost sectors?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

actionjackson posted:

Finished the NF at 5:11 to get rat king, that was hella intense. Glad I don't have to do that again.

It took me and LazyCrow like 4 times but I honestly feel like once we started getting better at call outs and super coordination, it was a gently caress load easier than say, black spindle mission. Like, the burns helped but there weren't constantly 20 thousand shielded enemies at any given point. It felt like a good kind of difficulty, where if you weren't playing as a team it was extremely hard, but the more synergy you had, the easier it was.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Mr. Yuk posted:

I would like to join the PS4 clan, as well. PSN: SpaceLeftEmpty

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=2334893

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Legs Benedict posted:

why would you expect that to be the DLC when everything in the game is priming another big Hive thing

What gently caress are you serious JESUS CHRIST THEY'RE SPACE ZOMBIE RELIGIOUS ZEALOTS WE FUCKEN GET IT
What's priming for their return other than them appearing on Titan?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Am I missing something or are sidearms the shittiest weapon type in the game? From what I can tell so far they seem to be only good at extremely close range but why use one over an SMG which will have a much larger bullet capacity and a similar effective range. Not that I like either, love me some HCs and scout rifles.

Game owns so far though, so much better than D1.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Sidearms look way cool...

They are bad though. I guess the kinetic ones are good for crits? Are there kinetic ones besides the starting pistol?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

How! posted:

Sidearms look way cool...

They are bad though. I guess the kinetic ones are good for crits? Are there kinetic ones besides the starting pistol?

there are, yeah

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Crucible is still pretty lovely but the exotic hunter wallhack helm can at least make sticky grenades useful again.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Sep 10, 2017

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Live At Five! posted:

Am I missing something or are sidearms the shittiest weapon type in the game? From what I can tell so far they seem to be only good at extremely close range but why use one over an SMG which will have a much larger bullet capacity and a similar effective range. Not that I like either, love me some HCs and scout rifles.

Game owns so far though, so much better than D1.

Depends. When I first got Drang I loving hated it, but my boots reload it as I sprint so I decided to try going for Sturm and if it pissed me off I'd throw it away. I ended up spending like 15 minutes running around Nessus killing captains and I started to like it. They're like the SMG version of a hand cannon, just pukes bullets. Probably more effective than an SMG if you can actually aim (I cannot).

Monday_ posted:

Am I missing something or are Siren's Watch and The Rig the only areas on Titan that have any landing zones, adventures or lost sectors?

Yeah Titan is a lot smaller than I expected it to be. I think it honestly is the smallest planet. I was going to spend a lot of time there because I was really impressed by it on the main quest, but there's nothing to do.

So that reminds me of two things:
Game glitched out and I got roped into a public event where no enemies spawned. People were just wildly shooting into the sky. It went heroic and I was able to help against the boss but the chest never spawned either.
I was doing patrols at the same time as public events, to kinda double up for the same effort. Well this seems to really boost your planet rep, and I got planet-themed purple boots out of the deal. Does this mean each planet has at least one themed legendary set?

Also I think I'm really close to getting Sturm & the multitool. I got both quests at the same time, and I worked on them both together so I'm pretty sure I'm at the last steps and I can do this in one shot. I need to go to Nessus again and beat a strike. I also need to get 50 SMG kills while in the air, so I'm going to bring the minitool and a kinetic SMG at the same time. Can I pull it off? :getin:

Pro tip for the Sturm & Drang quest: if you can get reliably get fallen glimmer miners on Nessus it's pretty much easy mode.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I was doing patrols at the same time as public events, to kinda double up for the same effort. Well this seems to really boost your planet rep, and I got planet-themed purple boots out of the deal. Does this mean each planet has at least one themed legendary set?

yep

https://imgur.com/a/lIQUF

I like IO's best, but Titan2 is pretty good

eververse is good too actually but w/e

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Hey. How do you join a clan. Does someone have to invite me, if so then you should do it, im your friend caesarsaladin, a handsome and extremely powerful guardian

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So there's a level 300 version of the nightfall called "prestige"

I still haven't done the rat king thing with 5 minutes left. We had like 2 left when we did it. Ducking hard.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mazerunner posted:

yep

https://imgur.com/a/lIQUF

I like IO's best, but Titan2 is pretty good

eververse is good too actually but w/e

Holy poo poo those are amazing. The titan titan looks like a goddamn blue version of master blaster from NES. I might start playing titan just for that.
I mean, I felt like you got different style of rares from each planet, but the Earth legendaries actually look good. (Except overly huge shoulderpads are fuckin dum.)

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Titan is the laziest fuckin poo poo.

The campaign moments on Titan were awesome- I spent a moment looking at the cool bubble-city architecture. But after the campaign its just generic deus-ex shipping container jungle gym.

It has potential

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

curious posted:

I had a look through the OP and saw the posts about the four [KINK] clans and Goon Squid Europa - is anyone putting together anything on PS4 for Oceania / the GMT+10 timezone? I would like to pull my regular fireteam within the warm embrace of a clan.

Join the AusGoons Clan: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=125806

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

How! posted:

Titan is the laziest fuckin poo poo.

The campaign moments on Titan were awesome- I spent a moment looking at the cool bubble-city architecture. But after the campaign its just generic deus-ex shipping container jungle gym.

It has potential

I still think Titan could be really good. Maybe they could make another set of crapped out docks that also connect to the arcology, or something like that. It's a pretty decent intro to the new verticalness of the maps, because if you don't pay attention to it you just fall off and die instead of getting real frustrated like that loving root-tree-gully-portion of Io. It also has that ol' Ruski style. Add in some more to the arcology itself too, it's really fuckin cool.

The problem with Titan right now is that it has 4 drat missions for the whole planet, when every other place has like 20. It's just too small or they couldn't figure out creative ways to make the missions work in the space they have for it. They should do something like Earth's mission where you notice something's weird about the fallen now and have to go searching thru all their hidey holes looking for the purple ether thing, that was fun. I suspect that those portions of Titan just don't exist as map space tho.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Just a reminder that the Bigg Dumbb Space Mans [KINK] linked here is the newest Goon PS4 clan. The 5th Goon Battalion since the previous four have already filled up!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Don the Hat emote

Someone explain this poo poo to me

curious
Mar 14, 2007

"Hey, I got one of my paperwork guys complaining about DEMON PILES."

Thanks - I've tossed a request in. Do I have to talk to someone to get it approved?

edit: all sorted, cheers

curious fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Sep 10, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Titan gave me a really good impression - several of the game's best missions and moments are in there - but the endgame content there seems woefully under cooked compared to the other three worlds. It even has that weird design decision where you get adventures directly off sloan and not via the map/beacons.

Just a little weird all around. I really like the ominous implication that the hive are hiding something enormous and terrible in the sea though. Hopefully an expansion builds on it.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Should I decrypt any yellow engrams I get or wait until I'm max light

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Just a little weird all around. I really like the ominous implication that the hive are hiding something enormous and terrible in the sea though. Hopefully an expansion builds on it.

I love how in one area of Titan you can see a huge sea serpent in the water. It absolutely has to be something more than a little Easter egg.

GodofGravity
Jun 20, 2005
Fun Shoe

Darth Windu posted:

Do them now, engram power levels are determined when they drop now, not when you decrypt them.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao I got 4 loving sunbracers in a row today, good loving poo poo

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
The emblem that shows your kd is the most awesome troll poo poo ever. Even more so cuz I'm puahing a 6kda.

Cant wait to all 4 dudes in my team rock it at the same time.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Kilometers Davis posted:

I love how in one area of Titan you can see a huge sea serpent in the water. It absolutely has to be something more than a little Easter egg.

I'm like 99% sure it's the raid.

If you look at the achievements you can get on the bone, one of them says to complete the "Leviathan" raid.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

GodofGravity posted:

Do them now, engram power levels are determined when they drop now, not when you decrypt them.

Great change, also great that you don't have to swap your gear before every loving drop or crucible finish anymore.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao I got 4 loving sunbracers in a row today, good loving poo poo

Same. But 4 Alpha Lupi's.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Zipperelli. posted:

I'm like 99% sure it's the raid.

If you look at the achievements you can get on the bone, one of them says to complete the "Leviathan" raid.

Nah man

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

I have no idea man. Is super confusing. Most stuff seems to have the level you are when they drop, so actually decrypting them is not important. But I can be wrong!. If the engram have a level written on it, is probably that level.

What is worth saving for late is the legendary weapons quest, these can drop at light level 282 or something like that, and can be a great boost to level once you are past 286.

Leveling to 268 is easy with purples, beyond 268 is all about super special engrams.

I suspect that you can't save engrams, but you can avoid whole quest for later

And of course, you can do the nightfall when you are highlevel-ish. (270+ ?).

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Anyone else have the Nameless Midnight legendary scout rifle? I can't pinpoint why, but it's the best feeling gun I've tried so far. The Mida Multi-Tool is practically the same thing with better stats, but feels way worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Molestadore
Apr 2, 2005

Time to die hero

katkillad2 posted:

Anyone else have the Nameless Midnight legendary scout rifle? I can't pinpoint why, but it's the best feeling gun I've tried so far. The Mida Multi-Tool is practically the same thing with better stats, but feels way worse.

Easily my favorite scout :)