Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Kidnapping for restraining Braun in the back of the ambulance with the intent to injure him (20 years)
Theft I for stealing the ambulance (10 years)
Unauthorized Control of Propelled Vehicle for driving the ambulance after he stole it (5 years)
Criminal Property Damage I for destroying the ambulance (10 years)
Criminal Property Damage I for destroying that trailer he crashed into (10 years)
Accidents Involving Death/Serious Bodily Injury, Leaving the Scene (10 years)
Attempted Murder II for trying to kill Braun (Life with parole)

Most likely a 10/10 consecutive or a concurrent 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Tokelau All Star posted:

This is from a couple weeks back, but post a ridiculous wrestling video and I'll tell you how many felonies they committed (according to the Model Penal Code). Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvF9l13WK2s

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Tokelau All Star posted:

This is from a couple weeks back, but post a ridiculous wrestling video and I'll tell you how many felonies they committed (according to the Model Penal Code). Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woe6zwLFa-A

Sting:

Criminal Property Damage First Degree for throwing a brick through the window of a car (10 years max)
Attempted Assault Second Degree for throwing the brick (Deadly weapon, 5 years max)
Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer Second Degree for shoving the cop (1 year max)
Unauthorized Control of a Propelled Vehicle for stealing the cop car (5 years max)
Theft Second Degree for stealing the cop car (5 years max, no way that car is worth more than $20K)
Robbery Second Degree for shoving the cop and then stealing the cop car (10 years max)

Possible 36 years in prison for what happened in a 44 second video. Sting would most likely be sentenced to a concurrent 10 year term if he went to trial and lost (in a non-lovely jurisdiction).

https://youtu.be/63OCvuC-GSY

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
How exactly did Sgt. Slaughter get a deal with GI Joe?

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Tokelau All Star posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhSh35ryueA

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

All of the Horsemen plus Dillon are guilty of

Kidnapping for tying Big Dus up to the truck with the intent to beat him savagely (20 years)
Assault I for beating him intending to cause serious bodily injury (10 years)
Possibly a conspiracy charge (5 years)

Not that bad compared to the other guys. It was pretty obvious they didn't mean to kill Big Dus, they were trying to send him a message and wanted him alive to understand it.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Boss Man:

Robbery I for using a dangerous weapon, his car, to overcome the resistance of the Big Show to steal the Big Show's Daddy's coffin (20 years)
Theft II for stealing the Big Show's Daddy's coffin (5 years)
Abuse of a Corpse for treating the Big Show's Daddy's corpse in a way that he knew would outrage ordinary family sensibilities (1 year)

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

How many active wrestlers are there with the word mascara in their name but are unmasked

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Smoking Crow posted:

How many active wrestlers are there with the word mascara in their name but are unmasked
There's a Jimmy Jakobs/Havok joke I'm really struggling to reach for right now

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Smoking Crow posted:

Mascara Año 2000 (who lost his mask in 1993) and the now extremely inaptly-named La Máscara comes to mind.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Bigass Moth posted:

How exactly did Sgt. Slaughter get a deal with GI Joe?

Probably because wrestling was huge at the time and they wanted a piece of it. They also made a figure of Chicago Bears star William "The Refrigerator" Perry. They were also going to do one for Rocky Balboa, but the deal fell through. They were also planning on licensing Big Van Vader to give Sarge a Cobra nemesis, but that too, didn't materialize.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Davros1 posted:

Probably because wrestling was huge at the time and they wanted a piece of it. They also made a figure of Chicago Bears star William "The Refrigerator" Perry. They were also going to do one for Rocky Balboa, but the deal fell through. They were also planning on licensing Big Van Vader to give Sarge a Cobra nemesis, but that too, didn't materialize.

Dang, a Big Van Vader fig would have owned.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tokelau All Star posted:

Boss Man:

Robbery I for using a dangerous weapon, his car, to overcome the resistance of the Big Show to steal the Big Show's Daddy's coffin (20 years)
Theft II for stealing the Big Show's Daddy's coffin (5 years)
Abuse of a Corpse for treating the Big Show's Daddy's corpse in a way that he knew would outrage ordinary family sensibilities (1 year)

It kinda cracks me up that the last one is only worth a year.

These are fun! :)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Davros1 posted:

They were also going to do one for Rocky Balboa, but the deal fell through.

RETRACTION

The character of Rocky Balboa (Code Name: ROCKY) was incorrectly included as a member of G.I. JOE, in The G.I. Joe ORDER OF BATTLE, Issue #2 on page 10. ROCKY is not and has never been a member of G.I. Joe.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

What happened with John Morrison in WWE, and what's he doing now and in the near future? I remember he was one of the few people I actually liked in the 2000s and then he disappeared. Was shocked to see him in Lucha Underground a few years later.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Helicity posted:

What happened with John Morrison in WWE, and what's he doing now and in the near future? I remember he was one of the few people I actually liked in the 2000s and then he disappeared. Was shocked to see him in Lucha Underground a few years later.

if you pay him 130$ he'll come to your house and let you call him "Johnny [your street address]" for 4 hours

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Helicity posted:

He works a less hectic schedule now that allows him to do movies and stunt work

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He just wanted to do flips and moves and all the things that make up pro wrestling, it's a pass

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He’s been on an episode or two of GLOW and he’s a contestant on the latest season of Survivor.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DeathChicken posted:

He just wanted to do flips and moves and all the things that make up pro wrestling, it's a pass

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Did Sting wrestle at all, anywhere, during the 18~ months before Starrcade '97?

Has John Cena ever refused to work with someone, ala Stone Cold refusing to work with Jeff Jarrett?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has John Cena ever refused to work with someone, ala Stone Cold refusing to work with Jeff Jarrett?

After Fall Brawl 96 Sting worked house shows until the end of 96, and did a NJPW tour. He did maybe one match in 97 prior to Starrcade.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

He did, but you're not wrong to think that his biggest angle ever involved him not wrestling or really doing much of anything.

In the back half of '96 he did PPVs and Nitro, but his appearances dwindled pretty quickly in the fall and winter. After one house show in early January '97, he didn't wrestle until Starrcade.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

After a WrestleMania, I think; Punk, Bryan and Ryder all came out with their newly won belts to cut promos, as the people's chosen champions. Punk and Bryan gave heartfelt thanks and congratulations all around, and genuinely were great. Ryder basically just gave his catchphrase and nothing else.

I'm sure I'm leaving some things out but this is how it stuck in my head. To me, that's always how I'll see Ryder. Could he have been better with a sustained push and working with people that could elevate him? Maybe!

I think it was a lesser PPV (Survivor Series or even TLC), but here you go.

Your point remains: Bryan and Punk cut fun, thankful promos (this was around the beginning of dickhead boyfriend “YES YES YES” Bryan, but I believe he was face here), whereas Ryder immediately looked lost and cut a catchphrase promo that went over like a lead balloon. He was riding high on his Youtube show at the time too, so he had a lot of good will going with fans, but I think the non-reaction he got (plus resentment for getting over on his own) sealed his fate to being John Cena’s “lil buddy” in a Kane feud and losing the US title/his storyline GF like a month later.

Ryder is a decent midcard guy who can carry a belt if need be, but I don’t think he’s capable of being a main draw. He’s a prototype of sorts for NXT guys that followed and floundered (Enzo/Cass specifically); tons of charisma and fan-pull as a character, not much substance as a wrestler, and nothing good from Creative (or in Ryder’s case, a straight-up burial that he never recovered from). I think, even with a sustained push, he would have been a tired idea after 6 months and fans would’ve turned.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

BodyMassageMachine posted:

I think it was a lesser PPV (Survivor Series or even TLC), but here you go.

Your point remains: Bryan and Punk cut fun, thankful promos (this was around the beginning of dickhead boyfriend “YES YES YES” Bryan, but I believe he was face here), whereas Ryder immediately looked lost and cut a catchphrase promo that went over like a lead balloon. He was riding high on his Youtube show at the time too, so he had a lot of good will going with fans, but I think the non-reaction he got (plus resentment for getting over on his own) sealed his fate to being John Cena’s “lil buddy” in a Kane feud and losing the US title/his storyline GF like a month later.

Ryder is a decent midcard guy who can carry a belt if need be, but I don’t think he’s capable of being a main draw. He’s a prototype of sorts for NXT guys that followed and floundered (Enzo/Cass specifically); tons of charisma and fan-pull as a character, not much substance as a wrestler, and nothing good from Creative (or in Ryder’s case, a straight-up burial that he never recovered from). I think, even with a sustained push, he would have been a tired idea after 6 months and fans would’ve turned.

God that crowd was dead. I have to wonder if the pops and noise of the Attitude Era will ever come back.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

There was that incredible story about how they told Ryder to show up at Raw because there was a big thing planned for him, he did, he waited, he waited, and then it turned out it was a rib and creative had nothing for him. That's Ryder's WWE career

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Admiral Joeslop posted:

God that crowd was dead. I have to wonder if the pops and noise of the Attitude Era will ever come back.

You can still get a lesser degree of it at NXT Takeovers. Well, maybe not even anymore, but drat if Brooklyn 1 wasn't a hot-rear end crowd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We'll always have Sami and Kevin in Montreal.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.

Goddammit I love Corny’s impression of this piss stain.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The pop for Daniel Bryan kneeing Bray Wyatt's face off was up there with the stuff Austin got, but that's about as good as you're going to get.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Didn't Cena supposedly get Tyler Reks fired for using an Attitude Adjustment knock-off as his finisher?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When exactly was the promo of origin for the "It's me, Michael Tarver" meme? I vaguely remember it and I laugh every time, but...

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Price Check posted:

Didn't Cena supposedly get Tyler Reks fired for using an Attitude Adjustment knock-off as his finisher?

Official word is he asked for his release, but he did admit that he and Cena hated each other.

He used the Burning Hammer, but it was a really safe version where they pancake bump it. It looked like an inverted AA, basically.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

SamuraiFoochs posted:

When exactly was the promo of origin for the "It's me, Michael Tarver" meme? I vaguely remember it and I laugh every time, but...

i'm pretty sure it was when they were asking all the contestants who should be voted off. daniel bryan and michael tarver both voted for themselves.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Baron Corbin posted:

i'm pretty sure it was when they were asking all the contestants who should be voted off. daniel bryan and michael tarver both voted for themselves.

That sounds right. OG NXT is on the Network now right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aku posted:

Official word is he asked for his release, but he did admit that he and Cena hated each other.

He used the Burning Hammer, but it was a really safe version where they pancake bump it. It looked like an inverted AA, basically.

He flipped them over and landed it like a DDT.

His story was he botched it at a show once and basically did an AA, and that's when Cena came to talk to him.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
whoopsie

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Baron Corbin posted:

Yeah. Bryan was being humble over the fact that he lost every single match he was in. Tarver was trying to play it tough by saying that him being voted off would be an act of mercy for the other contestants. Both got kicked off the show for their answers.

Then in the finale, when they asked all the former contestants who should win between Barrett and Otunga, Tarver's answer was, "Me!"

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Michael Tarver was once praised as “being able to make a T with his arms, which is pretty intimidating”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Golden Bee posted:

Michael Tarver was once praised as “being able to make a T with his arms, which is pretty intimidating”.
He also had that kinda intimidating dust mask which made him super intimidating when the Nexus made their debut.

I just watched this recently and the most jarring thing is that Luke Gallows was standing there at ringside.