Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

JebanyPedal posted:

I'm not actually mad friend I do just find it extremely uncool, Dweebs are merely one step away from Gamers.

Are you actually laughing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This dumb argument was already settled

Content:

'I consent when someone offers to give me money' ignores so many situations where it would be inappropriate or even criminal to take money from someone.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

christmas boots posted:

Are you actually laughing?

No I'm just very neutral at the moment, snacking on those Cadbury Chocolate Eggs with the candy shells.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

This is a weird time. Foot fetishists, diaper fetishists, Juggalos, Bill Kristin, all banding with us pinkos and totebaggers against the alt-right.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Love uniting to blow up the clouds.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Looks like a comrade is having a totally normal one.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

JebanyPedal posted:

Love uniting to blow up the clouds.

They're shooting moon Nazi's. Don't you know anything about history????

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AlbieQuirky posted:

This is a weird time. Foot fetishists, diaper fetishists, Juggalos, Bill Kristin, all banding with us pinkos and totebaggers against the alt-right.

Furries too, don't forget. We've been kicking the Nazis out of cons and the like, telling them to gently caress off.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

jobson groeth posted:

They're shooting moon Nazi's. Don't you know anything about history????

The moon did nothing wrong.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

JebanyPedal posted:

The moon did nothing wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6BaujmeF_4

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Manuel Calavera posted:

Furries too, don't forget. We've been kicking the Nazis out of cons and the like, telling them to gently caress off.

Thanks, furries. Thfurries.

Also, who said “comrade”? I’m an anarchist and nobody better call me “comrade”.

It’s not that I thought fetishists or furries or Juggalos were more likely than anybody else to be alt-right or Nazis, it’s that I didn’t expect them to be marching under those banners while doing politics as well. Obviously I expected wrong, and I’m glad.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Thanks, furries. Thfurries.

Also, who said “comrade”? I’m an anarchist and nobody better call me “comrade”.

It’s not that I thought fetishists or furries or Juggalos were more likely than anybody else to be alt-right or Nazis, it’s that I didn’t expect them to be marching under those banners while doing politics as well. Obviously I expected wrong, and I’m glad.

Calm yourself, comrade

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Screaming Idiot posted:

Calm yourself, comrade

gently caress, I’m also an absolute pacifist, so all I can do is pout :negative:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

AlbieQuirky posted:

gently caress, I’m also an absolute pacifist, so all I can do is pout :negative:

comrade just means friend, I'm an anarcho communist and I'll use it for leftist unity at you

comrade

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

AlbieQuirky posted:

It's okay, I can perform enough violence for both of us when I finally snap!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

T-man posted:

comrade just means friend, I'm an anarcho communist and I'll use it for leftist unity at you

comrade

Then say friend.

Or better yet, fam.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Sup fam and comrades, I’m here for this lefty meetup.

I almost had an idiot for ya but they actually changed their mind and said they’d do better going forward and that’s not really funny.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

JebanyPedal posted:

Then say friend.

Or better yet, fam.

stop trying to have friends vicariously through goons

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

TheMostFrench posted:

'I consent when someone offers to give me money' ignores so many situations where it would be inappropriate or even criminal to take money from someone.

No no you don't understand. If you enjoy it, you'd be stupid not to consent to it. Which is why I love when friends spike my coffee with heroin.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

hyperhazard posted:

No no you don't understand. If you enjoy it, you'd be stupid not to consent to it. Which is why I love when friends spike my coffee with heroin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xub8nqHVZ1g

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

JebanyPedal posted:

Then say friend.

Or better yet, fam.

no comrade

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Calm yourself, comrade

calmrade

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

stop trying to have friends vicariously through goons

Good one fam.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I wish I had gotten screenshots before everything was deleted, but I'm a member of a facebook old house group. Or I was.

Today someone posted a picture of two graves of enslaved people in their plantation house back yard and said they were probably "loved and respected" because they had headstones.

Somebody else said they were probably treated better than employers are these days. Yes, you read that right, employeRs.

So I waded in to tell a bunch of people they were literal monsters.

People were trying to cry-laugh emoji at me like they weren't actively defending slave holders.

One person actually said their family brought their slaves with them "to make sure they were safe."

Oh man, one person actually said I was "pretentious white boy acting like I suffered with the slaves" for pointing out that chattel slavery is an especially reprehensible, vile type of evil. As if that's contentious even after one elementary-school social studies class.

I'm not a member of the group anymore. I really feel sickened right now, it's like a cupcake baking group was suddenly discussing how ovens wouldn't have been used in the concentration camps or something. Just purestrain sociopathy cropping up in a fun hobby.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Brawnfire posted:

I wish I had gotten screenshots before everything was deleted, but I'm a member of a facebook old house group. Or I was.

Today someone posted a picture of two graves of enslaved people in their plantation house back yard and said they were probably "loved and respected" because they had headstones.

Somebody else said they were probably treated better than employers are these days. Yes, you read that right, employeRs.

So I waded in to tell a bunch of people they were literal monsters.

People were trying to cry-laugh emoji at me like they weren't actively defending slave holders.

One person actually said their family brought their slaves with them "to make sure they were safe."

Oh man, one person actually said I was "pretentious white boy acting like I suffered with the slaves" for pointing out that chattel slavery is an especially reprehensible, vile type of evil. As if that's contentious even after one elementary-school social studies class.

I'm not a member of the group anymore. I really feel sickened right now, it's like a cupcake baking group was suddenly discussing how ovens wouldn't have been used in the concentration camps or something. Just purestrain sociopathy cropping up in a fun hobby.

They're deliberately trying to be as anti-PC as possible while simultaneously lacking the depth of character to comprehend how hideously awful life as a slave was, regardless of how comparatively "good" you had it.
They know it pisses you off and they enjoy that because they place some bizarre, misbegotten value on the fact that they don't care. It literally just doesn't matter to them and is just a historical tidbit. The fact that actual people lived and suffered through it is alien to them, as alien as a caveman making GBS threads himself to death at the age of twenty might be to reasonable human beings. That 200 years is like 100,000 to them.

They are morons with no concept of time or that they shouldn't be glib about things that they would never want to personally experience themselves. Hence why their "jokes" have that serious bent to them.

Don't let it get to you, they are stunted simpletons and should be treated as such.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
One thing I like to point out to those type of "my ancestors treated their slaves well!" people is that a vast majority of slaves brought to the Americas never had a chance to work on a family farm, or even work for a family. Something like 95% of them ended up in the sugarcane plantations, where lifespans were measured in weeks.

So if you managed to be one of the lucky ones who didn't die on the ships on the way over, wasn't sent to the horror that was the Caribbean, and ended up with a magically happy and caring family, you won the grand prize of being property for the rest of your life. It's like the lottery, but instead of money, you get two gravestones that a dozen internet assholes fawn over ~200 years later.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Whenever you have the chance, let them have it. Say something like "oh, so you'd be cool if somebody kidnapped you from your home, killed or maimed people who resisted, raped the women and then beat you for the rest of your life? you'd be cool never seeing your family again? them taking away your name? wiping out your people's history so that it's like they never were, all so some rich bastard could be a little bit richer?"

It separates the edgy teenagers from the complete motherfuckers.

e. They might try that sly poo poo about slavery being around forever, but those people need reminding that the stuff being done in the fifteenth century onward was being done on a scale that would have impressed Ashurnasirpal. Untold numbers of people killed themselves rather than submitting.

phasmid has a new favorite as of 06:41 on Jan 24, 2019

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

giant steps arrre what you take
nazis on the moon
gonna shoot theeem in the face
nazis on the moon

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Memento posted:

giant steps arrre what you take
nazis on the moon
gonna shoot theeem in the face
nazis on the moon

Some may say
I'm blowing their rear end away
Okay
I guess it's the price they pay

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

MizPiz posted:

I guess adult baby fetishists are comrades now

https://twitter.com/wifebanger/status/1088199493416308736

This was in the replies to her post also... and uuhh....

https://twitter.com/AmericanShieldm/status/1087146253555687424

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
loving Gondor sending us all their shieldmaidens.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Canned Panda posted:

Funny how you can't comment on someone's skull shape without being called a racist, but when someone calls me a "dumbass white boy" no one even blinks.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

phasmid posted:

Whenever you have the chance, let them have it. Say something like "oh, so you'd be cool if somebody kidnapped you from your home, killed or maimed people who resisted, raped the women and then beat you for the rest of your life? you'd be cool never seeing your family again? them taking away your name? wiping out your people's history so that it's like they never were, all so some rich bastard could be a little bit richer?"

It separates the edgy teenagers from the complete motherfuckers.

e. They might try that sly poo poo about slavery being around forever, but those people need reminding that the stuff being done in the fifteenth century onward was being done on a scale that would have impressed Ashurnasirpal. Untold numbers of people killed themselves rather than submitting.

yeah but like what if the people that did those horrible things were nice* to them?

* were kind enough to not let them starve or be worked to death

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Radical centrists are just so much more rational...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

AlliedBiscuit posted:

"I'm too rational and smart for politics, hence why I do not understand any of it and am easily confused by it."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AlliedBiscuit posted:

That's not a centrist, that's a fascist. They literally want a leader who doesn't tell anyone what their position is on anything, is answerable to no one, and just does whatever they feel is best. That's a dictator.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Canned Panda posted:

It gets worse

https://twitter.com/TheDukeXX99/status/1088241443477573634?s=19

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

MizPiz posted:

I guess adult baby fetishists are comrades now

https://twitter.com/wifebanger/status/1088199493416308736

:neckbeard: Thirst's back :neckbeard:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Thanks a lot for age of consent laws, SOROS

I bet you're responsible for democratic forms of government, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

nerdz posted:

oh yes the global thinker with such global thoughts as "we shouldn't have to clean up when we pay janitors for that" and "silicon valley has too many Asians"

Forgot he was the fucker who didn't clean up after himself because it was a job for the untermensch custodial staff to run around and wipe his arse for him.

EDIT:

"sick & tired of being told to pick up my trash when we have plenty of janitors who are paid to do it for us”"

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 10:29 on Jan 24, 2019