Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Networking is a whole beast on its own...your problem likely isn't ports but a router or firewall blocking your application. These are as varied as anything and the instructions to get them to play nice changes with each product. If it works on your network but not outside it this is pretty much guaranteed to be the issue. The general solution is usually to open the port by fighting with your firewall(s) and/or router until it is open.

Nothing wrong with using your own IP for testing, just make sure when you figure out how to open ports you only open the one that your program uses. You might also consider grabbing a free trial Azure server to stick your "server" app on, but again that comes with more port-opening shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiken
Feb 7, 2005

hah ha ha

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Man! I wish my code was half as clean as yours. Thanks for sharing.

E: Why did you "typedef double world"? What does world mean in that context?

No problem. world is a value representing a coordinate in the game world. The idea is if I ever decide I want to use some other type for that (like float or a fixed-point type) it's easier to change than hunting down all the places (and I might have used double for something as well that isn't world coordinates).

seiken fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 4, 2013

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

ambushsabre posted:

On your router (assuming you're hosting), the port that you're using needs to be open. Make sure your ip isn't changing when you give them the build (this should really be something they as a client should be able to change, but I understand hard-coding it for testing purposes). cmyip.com is good for that. I'm also assuming everything works correctly on localhost, if it does work correctly connecting to 127.0.0.1, then it's a router port-forwarding issue on the host.

Thank you.
Yes, I am hosting, and my IP is only changing when the connection is lost/computer is rebooted. (There was no switch during testing.)
Started with the IP from ipconfig in cmd, and later with the one from cmyip.com. ipconfig gives the desired result on the local network, and cmyip.com does not allow any connections at all (even local ones).
Just letting it stay on localhost works fine. (Obviously only on the local network.)

What you say about the router having port-forwarding issues is very likely, since it has been having a lot of other issues during the latest days (Sudden WiFi-deaths/inaccessible setup and so on.)
Thank you a lot ambushsabre, I will read up a bit more tomorrow about the mentioned issues and try to find out what IP I should use. :tipshat:

Manslaughter posted:

Networking is a whole beast on its own...your problem likely isn't ports but a router or firewall blocking your application. These are as varied as anything and the instructions to get them to play nice changes with each product. If it works on your network but not outside it this is pretty much guaranteed to be the issue. The general solution is usually to open the port by fighting with your firewall(s) and/or router until it is open.

Nothing wrong with using your own IP for testing, just make sure when you figure out how to open ports you only open the one that your program uses. You might also consider grabbing a free trial Azure server to stick your "server" app on, but again that comes with more port-opening shenanigans.

The whole firewall thing seems like it might be a problem, but I will try to get some more friends to test it tomorrow, since just one person might be the one out of ten persons that have these firewall problems.
As mentioned above, my router is not really fully functional at this time, accessing any kind of options for ports or such is something that it strictly will not allow. (It does not even let you access the UI from a browser.)

Thanks for the suggestion regarding Azure, might try that out very soon, since that might be a way around my own slightly problematic router!

DancingPenguin fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 5, 2013

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

seiken posted:

here you go, the license is the gently caress you licenses are boring license
Holy poo poo for real? This made my day. I've been puzzling over your gifs and post in the back of my head all day.

Also, I think the license you are looking for is the MIT license

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

I'm kinda stuck with unity/futile. For the life of me I can't make sound/music play. Am I missing something obvious?

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I have no experience with Futile, but sound in Unity is pretty straightforward. You need an audio listener on your camera, an audio source to play something from, and then you play the clip using whatever method you want. I'd try the dead simple method of making a public Audioclip, drag your sound file from the asset window into your inspector field, and then play it with something like "Audiosource.PlayOneShot(AudioClip)" just to make sure it isn't something goofy like sound levels muted.

I'm having the dumbest Unity editor crash that involves having the game preview window on a secondary monitor. This must be a very common way to have the Unity editor windows arranged and yet on my machine it consistently crashes if I move the game window off the primary. This is only in the editor and never when compiled. wtf?

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Can anyone explain the theory or share some pseudocode on screen scrolling with me? I'm trying to make some stuff (using Pygame) where the camera will follow the player by either: (1)keeping them dead center at all times or (2)moving the camera only when the player approaches the edge of the screen. Any ideas on how this is done?

Thanks

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
I wrote this up for another poster a few pages back. It's for as3, and I have no experience with Pygame, but the concepts are all outlined here.

superh posted:

No problem! The camera is definitely a weird thing to wrap your head around, at first. Pseudo-code, incoming!

So right now you're probably moving things around by stuff like:

_player.x += 10;
_player.y -= 10;

What you're really doing here is controlling both their screen position and their world position, which is not going to be accurate when you get beyond a single screen's worth of content (as I'm sure you're noticing, when you have to offset all the world positions as you move.)

What you should do, in each of your world elements, or a base class for all the things in your world, is separate the two concepts into screen position (the x and the y on the object, basically what Flash is using to render the object) and the world position - it's position in the game world relative to all the other objects.

So everything gets a Point - for this demonstration I'll call it "worldPos" to keep this information. You will use this Point instead of x and y for almost all the things you're using x and y for now.

Now you need another Point to act as the "camera", which you can use to do some math to figure out the screen position of the objects from their world position.

So to get the two to interact, put a function called something like "render" on the base class of all the objects in the world.

code:
public function render( camera:Point ) : void {
	this.x = worldPos.x - camera.x;
	this.y = worldPos.y - camera.y;
}

That will render the objects in the world around your camera! However there is one more thing you'll probably want, to make it a little more usable, since that formula actually bases your camera around 0,0, or the top left corner of the screen, which is not very intuitive. We need to add an offset to the camera. So when you first set it's position, put it at the middle of the screen - camera = new Point(stageWidth/2,stageHeight/2) - and then add that amount to the formula above in the render. (I just store them as static variables in another class so anything that needs them can access them from anywhere.)

That looks like this :
code:
public function render( camera:Point ) : void {
	this.x = worldPos.x - camera.x + stageWidth/2; 
	this.y = worldPos.y - camera.y + stageHeight/2;
	//Replace stageWidth/2 and stageHeight/2 with a static variable somewhere else to keep everything the same if your screen size changes
}

To pan around, simply change the camera Point's x and y! Do something like this, as you move your player around by changing it's worldPos:

code:

// Move the player however you want
if ( player_move_right ) {
	player.worldPos.x += 10;
}

// Snip

// Focus the camera on the player
camera.x = player.x;
camera.y = player.y;

// Cap the camera to it's bounds
if ( camera.x > cameraRightEdge ) {
	camera.x = cameraRightEdge;
}
// And all the other directions, of course!

// Now that the camera is set, you can safely "render" the world off it!
for ( int tI = 0; tI<_worldObjects.length; tI++ ) {
	_worldObjects[tI].render(camera);
}

Ta da! Now everything's rendering off the camera, which is centered on your screen. You can even pan over to another object by setting the camera's x and y to some other location independent of the player.

So that's a lot of stuff! But even if you don't fully understand it, try implementing that and playing around with it to see what you get. The net result will be the same and once you have it in place, it will be easier to conceptualize spatial movements and relationships, when the world stays constant and the player is moving within it.

Hope some of that helps!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Coldrice posted:

I'm kinda stuck with unity/futile. For the life of me I can't make sound/music play. Am I missing something obvious?

Playing sound in Futile is the same as playing sound in Unity but just as an extra Futile has its own sound manager you can use if you wish. You can see its functions in \Assets\Plugins\Futile\Extras\FSoundManager. To play a one-off sound all you need to do is call FSoundManager.PlaySound("plasmafire", 0.5f); where "plasmafire" is referring to the "plasmafire.wav" file in my project (can be ogg, mp3 or wav. best practice is to develop with wavs and let Unity convert per platform) and "0.5f" is the volume from zero to one.

There's also FSoundManager.PlayMusic which is the same thing save for there being only one music channel that he set up. In Unity proper you can manage your actual sound files and set their properties as to how and when they're loaded and what they're converted to and such.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Thanks superh, I'll play around and see if I can get something like that to work :)

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I've been googling around trying to find out, but I'm not making much headway; what exactly does Futile do?

I understand it's mostly about rendering sprites, but can you tie them to Unity objects or is it more like "make a Unity version of Flixel" or what? And does it make the sprites all render as one mesh, or is it just having a single quad per sprite, or...?

Edit: I can find how to use it, I'm just curious what the advantages are of using it. (And disadvantages.)

roomforthetuna fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 7, 2013

shs
Feb 14, 2012
Futile has its own sprite class. You create a new one, assign it a texture from your resources, add it to the stage and then it shows up on the screen. It's all done through code, so you don't ever have to touch/learn any of the unity editor stuff. I'd consider that at advantage, since I don't really like the unity editor. Futile is also free, unlike a lot of other 2d frameworks. The downside is probably that the entire documentation consists of two videos, but I think it's simple enough that it doesn't matter.

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

"0.5f" is the volume from zero to one.

Ha ha putting the volume at 1.0 was the problem

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

shs posted:

Futile has its own sprite class. You create a new one, assign it a texture from your resources, add it to the stage and then it shows up on the screen. It's all done through code, so you don't ever have to touch/learn any of the unity editor stuff. I'd consider that at advantage, since I don't really like the unity editor. Futile is also free, unlike a lot of other 2d frameworks. The downside is probably that the entire documentation consists of two videos, but I think it's simple enough that it doesn't matter.
That's still more of a "how do you use it" description - what does it actually do that's different from what Unity would do if I did things the Unity way? Given that you can do all of those things using a normal Unity object pretty easily - I too work more in code than in the editor and I've had no problem making sprites and junk in code - but it's kind of ugly under the hood because they're generally slapped onto an unnecessary cube object, since for some reason Unity doesn't have a quad primitive or any kind of flat primitive. Is that Futile's advantage?

Perhaps if I rephrase the question; what actually is a sprite in Futile? A quad? Can I attach code to it? If I make a thousand sprites in Futile and give them some sort of physics (Farseer?), or a thousand sprites each as a Unity object rendered as a cube and controlled using the built in PhysX, which runs faster [significantly?]? Does one of these options work better than the other on Android/iOS?

I'm asking more about the back end of it rather than the front end.

Also, unrelated question - what's the recommended "nice menu system" for Unity? I gather the built in GUI stuff is generally not considered the way to go, and sucks on mobile. I hate doing menus more than anything else, so if there's any kind of easy menu maker asset, that would be pretty much the only kind of plugin I would pay for. But I'd rather not pay $200 for EZ-GUI if there's anything else half decent at a more reasonable price.

aerique
Jul 16, 2008

roomforthetuna posted:

Also, unrelated question - what's the recommended "nice menu system" for Unity? I gather the built in GUI stuff is generally not considered the way to go, and sucks on mobile. I hate doing menus more than anything else, so if there's any kind of easy menu maker asset, that would be pretty much the only kind of plugin I would pay for. But I'd rather not pay $200 for EZ-GUI if there's anything else half decent at a more reasonable price.

I don't know of it is "the recommended" GUI system but I use NGUI and it is pretty nice to work with. I do see it recommended a lot by other people whenever it is on sale. I plicked it up for either €45 or €25.

I have not used any other Unity GUI system so I cannot compare it with them. (Well, except Unity 3.x's own GUI system.)

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

aerique posted:

I don't know of it is "the recommended" GUI system but I use NGUI and it is pretty nice to work with. I do see it recommended a lot by other people whenever it is on sale. I plicked it up for either €45 or €25.
Thanks, that looks like it suits me better than EZ-GUI as well - more focused on just having a menu do what you want it to, less on doing flashy things. And there's a free version which I can use until my game is actually ready to release, too, so even better!

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

It seems like almost any big Unity project uses NGUI so its pretty much the standard. Unity has been promising big GUI changes without showing anything for a while but I believe somewhat recently they just hired the NGUI developer so I guess eventually it'll be integrated.

Note the NGUI free version is quite a bit behind the paid and has some unfixed bugs so you might run into something broken without a good solution (I think the free is just a dll and no source?).

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Lazerbeam posted:

Thanks superh, I'll play around and see if I can get something like that to work :)

I am successful! A second thanks to you superh, getting my sprite's screen position right was the key :)

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

Lazerbeam posted:

I am successful! A second thanks to you superh, getting my sprite's screen position right was the key :)

Awesome! Glad to hear it! :) It's not too bad once you see what you need to do.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Someone released Rust bindings to SFML recently to I've porting an isometric game I've been working on to it from SDL. It seems so much better suited to this sort of thing. It's wonderful!

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Unity experts, here is my project that I'm trying to do. It's not a game, but I've taken a liking to the program and I'm going to use it for some physics research work:

I'm trying to simulate dust particles forming from molecules. I'm going to create a bunch of small spheres that float around in a predefined area, they'll all have initial velocities in different random directions. They'll have collision but no gravity (in space). When they collide they have a chance of sticking. This is totally doable, right? What sort of Javascript coding would I have to do for this?

edit: I've been poking around in the docs, but the one thing I'm having trouble figuring out is the sticking parameter and how I enable that.

edit: And how do I make a hollow cube for objects to bounce around it? I can get a sphere to bounce on top of the cube, but when I put it inside it just kinda glitches out. I've disabled the mesh for the cube as well so it's invisible.

edit: Or could I do all of this with a particle system? I'm seeing that I can add particleEmitter.rndVelocity, but I don't see anything for making them stick together.

the fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 10, 2013

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Anyone here know much about Android development? I'm working in Cocos2d-X and I'm creating my graphics for the iphone/ipad models but as for android the whole thing is just confusing me.

It looks like android has three generalized screen sizes their phones fall into:
xlarge screens are at least 960dp x 720
large screens are at least 640dp x 480
normal screens are at least 470dp x 320
xsmall is whatever

However, the new Samsung S4, for example, is 1080 x 1920, which is way higher than any of those. Apparently you're supposed to make graphics to support those different resolutions and your device will use whatever is closed with either bars or clipping on the sides if the ratio is off but all the new phones seem to be way higher than any of those resolutions, so I must be missing some key concept here.

What resolutions should I be making my graphics at and can someone explain what is going on here?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
And now we know why all the good games come out for iPhone :sigh:

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

the posted:

The iPhone has identical problems. Especially this one. Check out the resolution on an iPad 4 sometime - it's absurd.

What you're running up against is the concept of needing HD vs SD assets. What you need to check is bitdepth, and use that to choose high or low-res assets. Then, you use the screen size (as opposed to the display buffer size) when adjusting your UI elements on-screen, so that you don't end up with tiny buttons on an HD phone. Beyond that, you probably want to support two aspect ratios at least (tablet-size and phone-size).

Then you want to design your scenes such that all assets have buffer zones to the left/right that can safely be off-screen without interfering with usability. Then, on load, you figure out which aspect ratio set is closer, and you render your scene centered. Set your rendering up such that it jsut clips anything poking off-buffer to the left or right. Shazam, now you support every aspect ratio/device between your min and max. You can add more aspect ratios worth of art in there if you particularly need precise on-screen elements for each.

Incidentally, this is exactly what you've already got to do to support iPad and iPhone. There are just fewer possible aspect ratios between the two, and some people make the mistake of hard-coding to those aspect ratios instead of designing with overflow/clip regions in mind.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

the posted:

I'm sure it's not that complicated in practice but all the docs I've found are either out of date or written with this implied understanding that you already know a bunch of poo poo that I clearly don't know. It might be a rtfm thing and I just am not reading the right thing though.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I'm sure it's not that complicated in practice but all the docs I've found are either out of date or written with this implied understanding that you already know a bunch of poo poo that I clearly don't know. It might be a rtfm thing and I just am not reading the right thing though.

Nah, sorry if I gave that impression. I don't know anything. I just assume that it's much easier to develop for one device that many people use (the iPhone, and by extension the iPad) rather than a hundred different devices that run a dozen different resolutions on Android. I know that when I had an Asus Transformer, I could never find games that would run on it because it came in some wonky resolution that was slightly longer than most other tablets and no one ever developed for it.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Shalinor posted:

The iPhone has identical problems. Especially this one. Check out the resolution on an iPad 4 sometime - it's absurd.

What you're running up against is the concept of needing HD vs SD assets. What you need to check is bitdepth, and use that to choose high or low-res assets. Then, you use the screen size (as opposed to the display buffer size) when adjusting your UI elements on-screen, so that you don't end up with tiny buttons on an HD phone. Beyond that, you probably want to support two aspect ratios at least (tablet-size and phone-size).

Then you want to design your scenes such that all assets have buffer zones to the left/right that can safely be off-screen without interfering with usability. Then, on load, you figure out which aspect ratio set is closer, and you render your scene centered. Set your rendering up such that it jsut clips anything poking off-buffer to the left or right. Shazam, now you support every aspect ratio/device between your min and max. You can add more aspect ratios worth of art in there if you particularly need precise on-screen elements for each.

Incidentally, this is exactly what you've already got to do to support iPad and iPhone. There are just fewer possible aspect ratios between the two, and some people make the mistake of hard-coding to those aspect ratios instead of designing with overflow/clip regions in mind.

I need to do some research to understand some of these concepts more, but this is the direction I needed. Out of curiosity, does this mean that ideally I should make small to xlarge graphic sets for sd phones as well as small to xlarge graphics that are even larger for hd phones?

Edit: Thanks for taking the time to write that.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

the posted:

edit: And how do I make a hollow cube for objects to bounce around it? I can get a sphere to bounce on top of the cube, but when I put it inside it just kinda glitches out. I've disabled the mesh for the cube as well so it's invisible.

Instead of making a hollow cube try making six walls out of rectangular cubes like you were building a house for your dust particles to live inside. That should do the trick nicely.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Yodzilla posted:

Instead of making a hollow cube try making six walls out of rectangular cubes like you were building a house for your dust particles to live inside. That should do the trick nicely.

Yeah I ended up making 6 planes that I just rotated in different locations. It did the job.

Still trying to figure out how to make objects stick.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I need to do some research to understand some of these concepts more, but this is the direction I needed. Out of curiosity, does this mean that ideally I should make small to xlarge graphic sets for sd phones as well as small to xlarge graphics that are even larger for hd phones?
I'm not clear why you'd need "small to xlarge graphic sets for sd phones."

Large graphic set = set for HD phones = only used on HD phones. Small graphic set = set for SD phones = only used on SD phones. You only end up with 2 graphic sets, SD and HD. Technically you might end up with 4, if you do portrait as well as landscape, but that gets insane fast.

... and I mean if you need them, you might also end up with a wide-screen graphic set vs a tablet graphic set, which is 2 * 2 for SD/HD * 2 for portrait/landscape = 8, but it gets silly fast. I'd recommend picking landscape or portrait, if at all possible, and locking to that.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Shalinor posted:

I'm not clear why you'd need "small to xlarge graphic sets for sd phones."

Large graphic set = set for HD phones = only used on HD phones. Small graphic set = set for SD phones = only used on SD phones. You only end up with 2 graphic sets, SD and HD. Technically you might end up with 4, if you do portrait as well as landscape, but that gets insane fast.

... and I mean if you need them, you might also end up with a wide-screen graphic set vs a tablet graphic set, which is 2 * 2 for SD/HD * 2 for portrait/landscape = 8, but it gets silly fast. I'd recommend picking landscape or portrait, if at all possible, and locking to that.

I misunderstood before, makes sense now (my misunderstanding was from this guide http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html). While I got your veteran ear...a lot of the HD phones have varying resolutions. I thought that the scaling of assets a bit larger/smaller to match a required resolution caused distortions and looked bad? I got that impression from the cocos2d forums for ipad development but I might be nuts, is this really an issue?

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I misunderstood before, makes sense now (my misunderstanding was from this guide http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html). While I got your veteran ear...a lot of the HD phones have varying resolutions. I thought that the scaling of assets a bit larger/smaller to match a required resolution caused distortions and looked bad? I got that impression from the cocos2d forums for ipad development but I might be nuts, is this really an issue?

Honestly scaling is usually not noticeable as long as it is down and in the same aspect ratio.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

DancingPenguin posted:

Honestly scaling is usually not noticeable as long as it is down and in the same aspect ratio.

Make em big and sexy, got it.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

DancingPenguin posted:

The exception being text / hard lines. Anything with a hard edge scales miserably.

You're fine for the variance in HD phones, just don't try and scale HD assets down to SD resolutions and expect anything resembling hard edges to be left. Always do at least HD and SD art sets. If you only do one, do SD and scale up - it's ugly, but at least it'll all be legible.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Shalinor posted:

The exception being text / hard lines. Anything with a hard edge scales miserably.

You're fine for the variance in HD phones, just don't try and scale HD assets down to SD resolutions and expect anything resembling hard edges to be left. Always do at least HD and SD art sets. If you only do one, do SD and scale up - it's ugly, but at least it'll all be legible.

Make em small and sassy, got it.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

the posted:

Yeah I ended up making 6 planes that I just rotated in different locations. It did the job.

Still trying to figure out how to make objects stick.

When the particles collide have OnCollisionEnter handle if you want the particles to stick. So random chance, relative velocity, whatever. Then if they should stick: make one of them Kinematic and make its parent the other particle, or use a joint to connect them.

http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/MonoBehaviour.OnCollisionEnter.html

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Bondematt posted:

When the particles collide have OnCollisionEnter handle if you want the particles to stick. So random chance, relative velocity, whatever. Then if they should stick: make one of them Kinematic and make its parent the other particle, or use a joint to connect them.

http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/MonoBehaviour.OnCollisionEnter.html

Looks like that's the trick. Thanks.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Schmerm posted:

This generates a software interrupt using inline assembly and will make the debugger break there.

Yup. Just make sure you don't let this into your production code.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Do I use Transform.localScale to increase the size of a gameobject? I just want it to increase in size after a collision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megadrive
Sep 6, 2011

I'm using ex2d with Unity to make a top-down twin stick shootem up and I'd like to know whether there's a way to use Unity's built-in Collider, Collision and Rigidbody and so on classes with my own logic to make a collision system or should I literally just roll my own using tutorials on GPWiki or something? My biggest issue is that while I know how to detection collisions between, say a circle and an AABB or whatever, I don't know to resolve collisions without using a while loop and checking collisions over and over and using a lot of computational power. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any obvious tutorials on the matter online.

Megadrive fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 11, 2013