Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Do cityscapes belong here?

I apologize for the overwrought post-processing. Every time I discover a new slider in Lightroom, I crank that poo poo to the max while learning to use it, and then it chills back out and goes into the toolbox with everything else.

There's so much good stuff in this thread. Both inspiring and daunting in the usual way for an amateur who's just getting started! I'm really intrigued by the lo-fi thing that ansel autisms is doing. (Is that the product of an old digital sensor, or are you recreating that effect somehow?)

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

vxsarin fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 20, 2015

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Do cityscapes belong here?

I apologize for the overwrought post-processing. Every time I discover a new slider in Lightroom, I crank that poo poo to the max while learning to use it, and then it chills back out and goes into the toolbox with everything else.

There's so much good stuff in this thread. Both inspiring and daunting in the usual way for an amateur who's just getting started! I'm really intrigued by the lo-fi thing that ansel autisms is doing. (Is that the product of an old digital sensor, or are you recreating that effect somehow?)

Of course they do. Your composition is quite good in the second one but it is lacking a clear subject.

The third has potential but you have crammed a lot into the bottom of the frame and my eyes are drawn up the street to nothing. Good stuff for starting out though, keep at it.

West Leederville, March 2015 by Simon Deadman, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Stirling Road by alkanphel, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Dope, but man that relies a lot on the viewer's monitor.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Shellman posted:

Dope, but man that relies a lot on the viewer's monitor.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
holy poo poo

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

1980s House by mrendatious1, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

vxsarin fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 22, 2015

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

Redhook pipes by cha_reckoning, on Flickr

Redhook Roof by cha_reckoning, on Flickr

the42ndtourist
Sep 6, 2004

A half-dead thing in the stark, dead world, clean mad for the muck called gold
Here's a couple things I like:
82430023 by thisisduncan, on Flickr

P5120678_4x5 by thisisduncan, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Yeha by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Abreha we Atsbeha by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Into the Gates by Spiff11, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

definitely not shot with a fuji

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Stripes by MedievalMedic, on Flickr

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Where is this shot from? Anywhere I can think of with this kind of elevation you'd need a telephoto.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Cerekk posted:

Where is this shot from? Anywhere I can think of with this kind of elevation you'd need a telephoto.

I shot it from Fort Baker on the Marin side. Great view, but you're kinda restricted on perspectives of the Golden Gate, so it ends up looking a bit touristy. I'm not sure what a non-touristy shot of the Golden Gate Bridge would even be, and I was honestly kinda hesitant to share it because I figured it was one of those shots that had been done a billion times before, but I basically just liked how the fog and sky turned out. :shobon:

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

GrandpaPants posted:

I shot it from Fort Baker on the Marin side. Great view, but you're kinda restricted on perspectives of the Golden Gate, so it ends up looking a bit touristy. I'm not sure what a non-touristy shot of the Golden Gate Bridge would even be, and I was honestly kinda hesitant to share it because I figured it was one of those shots that had been done a billion times before, but I basically just liked how the fog and sky turned out. :shobon:

I like it but I'd rather look at pretty photos than unique photos so what do I know.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

GrandpaPants posted:

Personally I'm fine with seeing pictures of even super famous views like this, and I think yours is pretty well executed.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

big scary monsters posted:

Personally I'm fine with seeing pictures of even super famous views like this, and I think yours is pretty well executed.

Cerekk posted:

I like it but I'd rather look at pretty photos than unique photos so what do I know.

Exactly these. Yeah there are 10 billion shots of the Golden Gate Bridge out there but it's a loving cool bridge and when it's combined with conditions like that, it makes for an awesome shot.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Lakeside by alkanphel, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Untitled by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Trash by Nick Bremer Korb, on Flickr

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

City Forest by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

by 8th-samurai, on Flickr

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Nice

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Door by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

Cerekk posted:

Anish Kapoor says that art isn't an originality contest, it's an honesty contest.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

The Great Stele by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Something about this is taking me out of the illusion of continuity, I don't know if it's angle to the subject, AR, or the density on the top, but it's there.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Something about this is taking me out of the illusion of continuity, I don't know if it's angle to the subject, AR, or the density on the top, but it's there.

It's a curved bush? Maybe it's bugging you that it's not all in one flat plane?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Is this Bart Radfucker enough for ya?

Messin with aurora by Geographic Ecotourist, on Flickr

Just fuckin around in photoshop with some northern lights photos.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

Is this Bart Radfucker enough for ya?

Just fuckin around in photoshop with some northern lights photos.

I'm a sucker for pretty colours.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I was not murdered by spiders/snakes on the weekend, but was able to shoot and develop these:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

8th-snype posted:

It's a curved bush? Maybe it's bugging you that it's not all in one flat plane?

For me it's the centre cigarette butt - it looks like a knife handle and the leaf acting as a blade - specifically an opinel knife. That's how I'm seeing it on my cell phone, I'll check a computer soon to see if the same thing happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

St. Mary of Zion by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr