Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sharkie posted:

Didn't parts of Hillary's diary from college get released at one point? I've been googling but I can't find anything about it.

Do you mean her letters to noted radical and possible Obama mentor Saul Alinsky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Hegelian
Aug 27, 2012

mooyashi posted:

the Furorbunker

Freaking gold.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

mooyashi posted:

the Furorbunker

Yesssss

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
#Cruzader #TurnThisCountryAround

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Joementum posted:

Ted Cruz, in what appears to be his bunker, announces that he's ready for Hillary.

Why are there frightening jumpcuts that zoom the camera closer to Cruz's face?

BristolSOF
Jan 19, 2003

BristolSOF fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 16, 2015

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Vertical Lime posted:

Why do I think it's a Fedex logo without the hidden stuff

the red arrow is the republicans, the blue parts are the democrats being driven apart as they push the country to the right

a bad logo

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Do you mean her letters to noted radical and possible Obama mentor Saul Alinsky?

No, it was specifically her diary. I don't know if she reprinted them in her autobiography, though I don't think that was it, or what. But I remember reading excerpts from them, and it was real goony, Nietzsche-reading stuff.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

The red is a plane, the blue is the World Trade Center.

There, good luck not seeing it as that for the next year and a half.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

ufarn posted:

Is Hillary's announcement as epic a gently caress-up as it looks like from a non-American, or is it standard fare?

Politically she is amongst the smartest and best prepared to win and her video is perfectly calculated to launch just at the right time in the news cycle. Hardly a gently caress up in any way shape or form. What about it would you think is a gently caress up?

Ted Cruz isn't prepared for poo poo. gently caress I don't even know if there's a politician who could take on Hillary at this point in time. Obama was lucky he was one of the most gifted orators in political history and was able to brand himself really well when he took her on. He ran one of the best primary campaigns in history to outdo her. There's no one in the Republican field who will even come close. I don't think there are many Democrats in history who could do what Obama did in that primary.

Clinton is a lock. She'll have to do a lot of major gently caress ups to not get elected.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
FedEx? (edit: beaten. But hey, these campaigns hire corporate brand managers for a reason. Clinton's campaign is tricky because it's like trying to rebrand Coke.)

The red and blue clash but it's pretty okay-good branding. It integrates with social media, symbolizes "progress" with the arrow, and authority with the capital letter H, like the Obama O and the Bush W. Glug glug.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 12, 2015

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
no it looks like the logo of a 9/11 conspiracy site

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hold on, Karl Rove just said on Fox News that Hillary might not be running....

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me
I just signed up to volunteer. Does anyone know what sort of things they would want people to do? I've never volunteered for a presidential campaign before. I live in massachusetts

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

eternalname posted:

I just signed up to volunteer. Does anyone know what sort of things they would want people to do? I've never volunteered for a presidential campaign before. I live in massachusetts

They'll want you to drive to New Hampshire.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Omi-Polari posted:

FedEx?

The red and blue clash but it's pretty great branding. It integrates with social media, symbolizes "progress" with the arrow, and authority with the capital letter H.

I just peaked at the source. Her site appears to be set in "Unity," with a few different variants, served via typography.com (Hoefler & Co.; previously H&FJ). I believe this is custom for her campaign, by one of the world's foremost type designers. This isn't someone's cousin working for "exposure."

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Kevyn posted:

The red is a plane, the blue is the World Trade Center.

There, good luck not seeing it as that for the next year and a half.

:eng99: You fucker.

eternalname posted:

Probably make a bunch of fake IDs and vote illegally multiple times. :3:

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 12, 2015

Young Hegelian
Aug 27, 2012

eternalname posted:

If you don't want to drive to New Hampshire, they might have you call people in swing states. If you're just generally a democrat (or liberal), your time might be better served volunteering with the DCCC/DSCC (although those will probably also want to send you to NH).

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Welp, I applied for a technical position with her campaign because I honestly can't think of anything more exciting. Has anyone ever worked for a campaign before?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Tomahawk posted:

Welp, I applied for a technical position with her campaign because I honestly can't think of anything more exciting. Has anyone ever worked for a campaign before?

No but I was at a casual party and ran into someone working on Obama's campaign back in 2011. She was utterly incapable of veering from talking points all night if anyone even barely mentioned Obama despite being in a room made up exclusively of people feverishly opposed to Romney. Don't do that.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hitler moves east

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Hillary's youtube account apparently allows discussions, isn't there a way to disable that?

:munch:

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 12, 2015

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mlmp08 posted:

No but I was at a casual party and ran into someone working on Obama's campaign back in 2011. She was utterly incapable of veering from talking points all night if anyone even barely mentioned Obama despite being in a room made up exclusively of people feverishly opposed to Romney. Don't do that.

I'm sure its just the same thing that leads to parents talking about nothing about their babies, teachers talking about nothing but their students, and anyone engrossed in something that is consuming their lives being able to talk about anything but that. I just take pity and get them a drink.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I think the logo is lame and it is funny how the awesome Obama 2008 logo has now made every major candidate feel like they have to have a logo. I kind of feel like her name in some kind of nice font would be fine, and preferable, to the arrow thingy.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
It's because 'H' doesn't look cool imo

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I think the Hillary logo would be fine if it wasn't blue and red, TBH

Young Hegelian
Aug 27, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

I interned for OFA during the primary, and volunteered during the general. I was a paid staffer for a congressional campaign in 2010, and have done some one-off campaigning in other elections here and there. Don't know how much help I'll be re technical positions, though.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Swagger Dagger posted:

I think the Hillary logo would be fine if it wasn't blue and red, TBH

Political campaigns seem to have forgotten the rules for this sort of thing.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I'm not making GBS threads you. Most people in Louisiana actually think he's white with Native American ancestry.

I'll try and dig up the poll but a majority > 50% did not know he was Indian.
Did that poll ever get posted? I can't find it on Google.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

We've come full-circle.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tomahawk posted:

Expect to work upwards of 80 hours a week if you keep the job into the general.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Mo_Steel posted:

Hillary's youtube account apparently allows discussions, isn't there a way to disable that?

:munch:

They'll get it eventually not even something to be worried about currently.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Sharkie posted:

Her twitter description is well crafted:

Between this and the ASCII logo, I have to give grudging props to her social media people.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

And Hillary must have announced, because the amount of Benghazi memes on Facebook just skyrocketed.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 12, 2015

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

eternalname posted:

They'll put you on direct voter contact: door to door and phone banking. You'll probably be able to work from a MA office once they open it, calling into NH. Or you can drive and knock on doors in NH.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Tomahawk posted:

Yeah. Message me if you have any specific questions.

Edit: Or post in the Ask/Tell elections thread.

Concerned Citizen fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 12, 2015

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

PerpetualSelf posted:

Clinton is a lock. She'll have to do a lot of major gently caress ups to not get elected.

What's Mark Penn up to these days?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

DOOP posted:

What's Mark Penn up to these days?

He works for Microsoft. Remember the "Scroogled" campaign? That was Penn.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

PerpetualSelf posted:

Or, you know, a health problem, or a slight recession between now and Fall 2016, or a dropoff in turnout compared to 2012...

Really, the biggest problem for the Republicans is the same as 2012, where they should be able to win with a 'generic Republican' candidate, but all their actual candidates are worse than that theoretical one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

e:ruined my dinner.

• Locked thread