Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The trick is to ignore it when it's more-or-less correct, but pay attention when it's way off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

The only thing I could find in the replay of the battle was that someone from my clan said "______ is dum" (where ______ was someone from his clan). :psyduck:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Uranium 235 posted:

The only thing I could find in the replay of the battle was that someone from my clan said "______ is dum" (where ______ was someone from his clan). :psyduck:

Everything about that makes me laugh. People who think military service = automatic respect makes me lol. Especially when they throw all that poo poo out as part of an argument or whatever.

MURRICA!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The correct response was "it's a shame your grandfather survived."

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Should respond with "how does it feel to have a family legacy of financial support from the welfare of the rest of the country". Or something equally provoking, the welfare part will make them go crazy.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Ask him what it feels like to kill little Asian babies in Vietnam and raping the Asian countryside.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Uranium 235 posted:

"so what you're saying is dad and grandpa won both their wars then you and your kids haven't won one since"

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Jack_tripper posted:

"so what you're saying is dad and grandpa won both their wars then you and your kids haven't won one since"

:drat:

Although, I don't think Korea counts as a win, considering that it's only a ceasefire.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Jack_tripper posted:

I would have just called him a baby killer. Clearly I need to take lessons from you, sensei :drat:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
death to america

Mephistopheles
Sep 24, 2003

How can I help you?

Uranium 235 posted:

LOL poor dogsoldier6 I used to be in KRT with him. He's an old grandpa but pretty nice guy. He usually has a pretty thick skin, I'm surprised that he messaged you afterwards. It must have really been something bad to get under his skin.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Broke down and bought the Rudy and Cromwell B today. Holy poo poo the Crommy B puts out some ridiculous WN8 numbers, 1350 dmg = 4500 wn8, that's really not that hard in that tank.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Mephistopheles posted:

LOL poor dogsoldier6 I used to be in KRT with him. He's an old grandpa but pretty nice guy. He usually has a pretty thick skin, I'm surprised that he messaged you afterwards. It must have really been something bad to get under his skin.
It wasn't bad. PBKAC was doing tier 8 strongholds and we had one fight against GBEAR. Midway through the battle, someone in PBKAC said "vangandr is dum" and I just assumed that the two people knew each other and it was joking around. The commander of GBEAR shot back some snippy little comment so I said "looks some someone is a lil testy" and he called me a reroll. Then someone called them scrubs. That was it.

I convo'd their commander after the battle to ask him why he was so mad, and to be honest, I was baiting him because I knew he'd say something stupid. He starts going off on how being purple in a game doesn't matter and how I'm a failure in life, and that his wife drives Escalades (?). He was pretty pissed so I egged him on.

Anyway, he must have been talking about it on TS or something because Dogsoldier sent me those messages the same night, right after I logged off. Then today I asked him to clarify what we did that was so horrible, but apparently it was just the "dum" comment.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Already wrapped the first stripe around the barrel of the Cromwell B. About to put the second on my Firefly. Good times.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Agrajag posted:

For some reason I always play worse with server reticle enabled. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I just can not seem to get used to it and go back to default.

Playing with the built in server side reticle is problematic because you end up chasing it. I recommend using the classic dual reticle (requires a client mod) which gives you the normal client-side reticle plus a server-side reticle. Then all you have to do is aim with the first reticle and click when both reticles 'agree'.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

RanKizama posted:

Already wrapped the first stripe around the barrel of the Cromwell B. About to put the second on my Firefly. Good times.

Where can you track how close you are?

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Service record, on the awards tab. Hover over it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

RanKizama posted:

The CromB is probably one of the most comfortable tanks that isn't in the US line. It just feels right.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
I've been having an inexplicably difficult time getting wins on the T82 and M8A1. Both are the first "real" TDs I've used and I do modestly well in them, yet somehow in my first 30 games in each of them I was below 40% win rate. They're slowly (hopefully) regressing toward the mean but it's unbelievably frustrating having both at 42% win rate after 60 games. Still figuring the Sherman as well,. which has been filled with utterly pitiful games.

But the T1 Heavy. Oh my the T1 Heavy. I only have vents on it and well...even with unskilled mid-80s crew it's fun:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

WOT mechanics IRL?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb7uMFsqm3s

Actually, I've never inverted a tank in WOT and I don't know how. I did it in my second game of war thunder ground forces.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So bought the WZ-111 1-4 and dumped my free xp into getting it topped out, I like very much.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Blindeye posted:

I've been having an inexplicably difficult time getting wins on the T82 and M8A1. Both are the first "real" TDs I've used and I do modestly well in them, yet somehow in my first 30 games in each of them I was below 40% win rate. They're slowly (hopefully) regressing toward the mean but it's unbelievably frustrating having both at 42% win rate after 60 games. Still figuring the Sherman as well,. which has been filled with utterly pitiful games.

But the T1 Heavy. Oh my the T1 Heavy. I only have vents on it and well...even with unskilled mid-80s crew it's fun:

You average 152 damage in the T82. That is absurdly low - you'd get that much in two 57mm shots. You average 240 damage in the M8A1 - that's on the low side, especially since the 57mm is still pretty great even up above tier 4. Focus on dealing damage. Also you probably don't have good crews yet since you haven't actually played many battles so just focus on shooting more enemy tanks instead of looking for ways to improve your winrate which doesn't actually matter yet.

Basically deal more damage to enemy tanks, and if you have a game where you fail to damage enemy tanks, try to identify why you failed to damage enemy tanks. Did you choose a spot that was unable to shoot the enemy until your team was all dead and 10 tanks ripped you apart? Did you die before spotting and shooting anything due to running somewhere dumb like the middle of Karelia? Did you try and trust a teammate to actually help shoot at an enemy tank sitting in the open, so you just got out damaged? Just try to get better, ain't nobody gonna care about your first two thousand battles.

BadLlama posted:

So bought the WZ-111 1-4 and dumped my free xp into getting it topped out, I like very much.

I had the choice to buy the WZ-111 1-4 or the IS-8 while they were on sale. I chose the IS-8 because the IS-7 is a real tank and the 113 is a joke, and I'm not exactly hurting for mediums so going after the 121 isn't a priority. I thought for two and a half hours because actually purchasing the IS-8 instead of the WZ.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 14, 2015

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

guidoanselmi posted:

WOT mechanics IRL?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb7uMFsqm3s

Actually, I've never inverted a tank in WOT and I don't know how. I did it in my second game of war thunder ground forces.

I don't believe the physics model in WoT supports tanks tipping upside down.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

I had the choice to buy the WZ-111 1-4 or the IS-8 while they were on sale. I chose the IS-8 because the IS-7 is a real tank and the 113 is a joke, and I'm not exactly hurting for mediums so going after the 121 isn't a priority. I thought for two and a half hours because actually purchasing the IS-8 instead of the WZ.

Yeah I finished my IS-8 and used the credits from its sale to help buy my WZ-111 1-4. Not too thrilled about the 113 but so far I have found myself really enjoying the Chinese lines so maybe the 113 wont turn out too bad.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Yeah I finished my IS-8 and used the credits from its sale to help buy my WZ-111 1-4. Not too thrilled about the 113 but so far I have found myself really enjoying the Chinese lines so maybe the 113 wont turn out too bad.

VOLT beat _BAD_, the best HAVOK clan at their peak, because _BAD_ brought 4 113s and 113s are extremely poor tanks. The 113 is worse than the WZ-111 1-4.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ensign Expendable posted:

There's a mod in OMC which lets you put your current percentage for each tank on their garage carousel icon (along with battle tier, w/r, battles, wn8, av dmg, etc, all selectable)

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Axetrain posted:

They've been threatening to put that in for some time. It does support tanks spontaneously throwing themselves violently to the side much like in that video, though.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I lost a game because an ANVIL T92 was shooting AP the entire game.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Axetrain posted:

Depends on what you mean by physics model. When they added physics they were unsure if tanks tipping over was going to be a gameplay issue or not so to play it safe they also put in a fudge that makes sure that tanks always land tracks-down, but if it wasn't for that they totally could.

Pre-physics it was unsupported though, back then the tracks were glued to the ground. But that's quite a while ago now.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
The T49 is the worst tank I've ever played, gently caress this gun.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Arishtat posted:

Playing with the built in server side reticle is problematic because you end up chasing it. I recommend using the classic dual reticle (requires a client mod) which gives you the normal client-side reticle plus a server-side reticle. Then all you have to do is aim with the first reticle and click when both reticles 'agree'.

Which mod does that? Note: I don't like using mod packs, I prefer a la carte.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Hellsau posted:

You average 152 damage in the T82. That is absurdly low - you'd get that much in two 57mm shots. You average 240 damage in the M8A1 - that's on the low side, especially since the 57mm is still pretty great even up above tier 4. Focus on dealing damage. Also you probably don't have good crews yet since you haven't actually played many battles so just focus on shooting more enemy tanks instead of looking for ways to improve your winrate which doesn't actually matter yet.

Basically deal more damage to enemy tanks, and if you have a game where you fail to damage enemy tanks, try to identify why you failed to damage enemy tanks. Did you choose a spot that was unable to shoot the enemy until your team was all dead and 10 tanks ripped you apart? Did you die before spotting and shooting anything due to running somewhere dumb like the middle of Karelia? Did you try and trust a teammate to actually help shoot at an enemy tank sitting in the open, so you just got out damaged? Just try to get better, ain't nobody gonna care about your first two thousand battles.

Oh I can answer both easily.

Most of my T82 games are T6, so even in cover, lacking binos, I was getting wrecked by unseen TDs on the enemy team or finding myself in hard cover but unable to engage anything. The derp gun made things worse but since switching back to the 57mm I can get about...250 damage on average. It's very binary, either I am in a game where a T6 TD tracks me or kills me, or I do 400 damage.

The M8A1 is getting better, actually. The 57mm just doesn't put out damage on high tier games. My games are all sticking and moving. I get one shot from one piece of cover before they spot me since I don't have binos or optics. With the big gun I can do one or two 100+ damage shots before running away. Last night was great for damage, mostly 300-700 damage, but even then my team found ways to lose.

I'm sure to make the M8A1 work in the long run, it's probably being useful in T6 games with the T82 that will be tougher. My best games there have been using the drat thing as a scout, racking up spotting damage.

Blindeye fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 14, 2015

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Ensign Expendable posted:

Go to the awards tab on the tank you want to check. Hover over the Marks thing.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I like that feature, It's where I get to see myself hit 83% and then get into an unending string of games where I play like a fuckwit and drop it back into the seventies.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How to play tier 10s like an absolute idiot :

- Grind forever to research one
- Grind forever to buy one
- Spend a shitload of gold to retrain a crew, mount equipment and consumables
- Play about 20 battles
- Get one amazing game
- Never play it ever again because you still have garbage tanks to grind in other lines

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
so I haven't posted here in a while but I received this gem yesterday.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I just got 6400 damage in the e-50m and no Master Class. This tank has high loving standards

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

maev posted:

I just got 6400 damage in the e-50m and no Master Class. This tank has high loving standards

4,600 damage and 2,900 spotting got me an Ace Tanker in my M48A1 Patton. Only 1,149exp too. Poor under-appreciated Fatton. :(

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

VOLT beat _BAD_, the best HAVOK clan at their peak, because _BAD_ brought 4 113s and 113s are extremely poor tanks. The 113 is worse than the WZ-111 1-4.

I'm too tired for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

DonkeyHotay posted:

I'm too tired for this

You are letting the terrorists win.