Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I forgot to mention it but on Wednesday Kirschen turned 79 :toot:

Pia Guerra posted:

Kislyak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trogdos! posted:

I forgot to mention it but on Wednesday Kirschen turned 79 :toot:

I think he makes this same "joke" every Purim

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Voyager I posted:

Bill Leak was a vile human being, but given that he became this way after severe head trauma I can't really hold him accountable for his actions and definitely not celebrate his death.

At least he's no longer a mockery of the man he once was.

I disagree, he was obviously lucid enough to know what he was saying and that it offended people (because it was incredibly racist)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Where is the mouth here I am so confused :psyduck:

Froot Poops

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bring it on :roboluv:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Wait, was it a stroke that made Tila Tequila go full Nazi mode? I just assumed she was always lovely and that she finally just went public with it.

Yup, from what I recall, she attempted suicide, and was saved, but something about her method caused her some serious brain damage, hence her... Conflicting political views.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

loquacius posted:

Mike Peters is a liberal

Odd, since "LMAO The God-Emperor Trump is confusing the media by saying blatantly contradictory and untrue things! WE'RE WINNING SO HARD" seems to be the message of the cartoon, and that's a straight-out-of-reddit alt-right talking point.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Odd, since "LMAO The God-Emperor Trump is confusing the media by saying blatantly contradictory and untrue things! WE'RE WINNING SO HARD" seems to be the message of the cartoon, and that's a straight-out-of-reddit alt-right talking point.

Saying that the media is dumb isn't just a trumpist position. I mean just look what happened ~a week ago, Trump made a speech without making GBS threads his pants and the big channels like CNN were furiously jerking off about how Trump became a president there and then. Most people here (DnD, CSPAM) mocked the hell out of them and rightfully so, as Trump resumed his pant-making GBS threads routine the very next day.

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 10, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"The media got played by Trump" is a fairly standard talking point and has been since someone first tried to figure out how Trump managed to spend so little on advertising

Trogdos! posted:

I mean just look what happened ~a week ago, Trump made a speech without making GBS threads his pants

Managed to read this as "Trump made a speech about making GBS threads his pants" and I was like "huh, I must have missed that one" but it still didn't seem THAT out of character

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Regalingualius posted:

Yup, from what I recall, she attempted suicide, and was saved, but something about her method caused her some serious brain damage, hence her... Conflicting political views.

pill overdose, aneurysm, 2012.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

loquacius posted:

Not for the first time. Despite absolutely being the kind of person who should love Trump, Tinsley appears to not like Trump. Go figure.

I think Bill Buckley was the last person whom Tinsley genuinely liked and admired, and since his death there's been basically no one who's lived up to the standards of that resentful alcoholic hack.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Wait, was it a stroke that made Tila Tequila go full Nazi mode? I just assumed she was always lovely and that she finally just went public with it.
if i had to guess, I'd say a lot of these people already possessed these opinions, and the stroke removed their filter

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Not enough crazyeyes for me.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

TheBigAristotle posted:

Where is the mouth here I am so confused :psyduck:
I Have No Talent And I Must Draw

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Men are dopey, helpless creatures who cannot handle even the most basic child care tasks" is not exactly a feminist-friendly message, Marlette. (If nothing else, it provides an excuse for constantly fobbing off childcare on women.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
As a man I can confirm that men are dumb as hell

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Trogdos! posted:

Saying that the media is dumb isn't just a trumpist position. I mean just look what happened ~a week ago, Trump made a speech without making GBS threads his pants and the big channels like CNN were furiously jerking off about how Trump became a president there and then. Most people here (DnD, CSPAM) mocked the hell out of them and rightfully so, as Trump resumed his pant-making GBS threads routine the very next day.

Fair point.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
I'm guessing Branco wants the whole thing blown up with all the patients still inside.

Sure, democrats hate spending and infrastructure and live in an upside down world.

Imagine a boot stomping the butt of a climate scientist forever.

"We've talked about this before, honey. You don't have to be ashamed of your fetishes."

This is what it looks like
When Rall tries

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Internet Webguy posted:

When Rall tries

Last I checked Signal and Whatsapp weren't mentioned at all in the Vault 7 docs

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

On Int'l Women's day, a companion statue for the bull was installed at Wall St.

8 :raise:

Dees must have been crushed when he learned what the "Zion Curtain" really was.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Improbable Lobster posted:

I think they were mentioned in the sense that they can get around their encryption by just hacking the device instead. They haven't actually been compromised despite what Todd Rall & the press say.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Oh, that's not the military budget, it's the total budget. I gotcha.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I want to make a megapost of these bullshit "the CIA is spying on Americans through their smart devices" cartoons.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

As a man I can confirm that men are dumb as hell

Just witness #5secswithoutawoman

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/07/the-cia-didnt-break-signal-or-whatsapp-despite-what-youve-heard/

Can't really blame Rall too much for getting this one wrong, it's kind of a technical distinction.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Nenonen posted:

Just witness #5secswithoutawoman

Was that his wife or a maid? The way she closes the door is hilarious.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Anidav posted:

Was that his wife or a maid? The way she closes the door is hilarious.

It's professor and Korea expert Robert Kelly and his wife Jung-a Kim, and children.

also noteworthy discussion afterwards

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

We Utahns know the Zion Curtain all too well. It's absurd.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Selachian posted:

"Men are dopey, helpless creatures who cannot handle even the most basic child care tasks" is not exactly a feminist-friendly message, Marlette. (If nothing else, it provides an excuse for constantly fobbing off childcare on women.)

That is 100% the entire point of that not-so-clever trope.

Oooh yeah, my butt!

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 10, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I love how many conservatives are freaking out about being spied on now that they know the intelligence agencies are not falling in line behind Trump.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Ularg posted:

I love how many conservatives are freaking out about being spied on now that they know the intelligence agencies are not falling in line behind Trump.

I feel bad for the schizophrenics.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
One day soon we'll have connected smart shoes, and the CIA will find a hack to get them to stack themselves.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

Internet Webguy posted:

When Rall tries

I think what infuriates me most about Rall isn't the wanton contrarianism, the narcissism, the intense laziness of his chicken-scratches...but it's the fact that he doesn't know what colour humans are. Did Trump dunk his face in a vat of plum jam? Does Rall know you can change the colour palette in MS Paint?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Discendo Vox posted:

I want to make a megapost of these bullshit "the CIA is spying on Americans through their smart devices" cartoons.

Then make one, no one is stopping you

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Gertrude Perkins posted:

I think what infuriates me most about Rall isn't the wanton contrarianism, the narcissism, the intense laziness of his chicken-scratches...but it's the fact that he doesn't know what colour humans are. Did Trump dunk his face in a vat of plum jam? Does Rall know you can change the colour palette in MS Paint?

Didn't he blame purple Obama on his (possibly non-existent) colorist?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Gertrude Perkins posted:

For whatever reason, the AAEC website runs a few cartoonists through a dayglo filter. Here's the version on Rall's site:

Still bad, but noticeably less head-shop-worthy. They do the same thing with Ed Gamble. His normally astroturf-green oceans are made into radioactive Mountain Dew on the AAEC page.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

I can just hear the montage music in my head, it's beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Conservative party – Theresa May and Philip Hammond are facing a growing rebellion among Tory MPs over the decision to increase national insurance contributions (NICs) for the self-employed"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Queen unveils Iraq and Afghanistan war memorial amid fury at Blair presence

Times:

Nick Robinson accidentally added a swear word to the Chancellor's name on the Today programme

• Locked thread