Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

theperminator posted:

Either conquer the place as a new territory or don't do it at all, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going to happen when you obliterate the military and law enforcement of a country.

Iraq had both army and police and a government when we left. They asked us to leave and we did.

If you look at the situation in Afghanistan, the current Afghan government will only remain so long as we prop it up. At some point you can't keep shoveling money into the furnace there. It's a massive waste of money.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

who cares? look at his political record to see how much he could have accomplished

american obsession with anti-intellectualism and physical prowess is like the 7th weirdest thing about the country. how the gently caress are you a post-industrial society superpower?

well yea, of course bernie, who is a much better person than either trump or hillary, and who is arguably the only genuine politician, could have done a lot of good

it's just unfortunate that a small part of why he lost the primary was him getting repeatedly powercucked by small girls throughout his campaign, which was very lol

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
perhaps the same type of faulty idealism that would have you allow former right wing trust fund ethnocentric college kids take your mic and spout garbage preconcludes the same faulty idealism that comes from his populist economic promises of bringing jobs back, ones that mostly don't exist anymore.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Zo posted:

well yea, of course bernie, who is a much better person than either trump or hillary, and who is arguably the only genuine politician, could have done a lot of good

it's just unfortunate that a small part of why he lost the primary was him getting repeatedly powercucked by small girls throughout his campaign, which was very lol

What's really infortunate is that for many Americans, that mattered more than his competency as a politician.

If they want wrestlers as leaders, then let's go full idiocracy and vote Jesse Ventura in 2020

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Look, Jesse is so powerful he's using his kino to assert his dominance on bitch Trump

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Burt Sexual posted:

I want to start bombing North Korea, asap.

But if we bomb then, we destroy one of our largest cash cows. We need to keep north Korea alive and in the news so that everyone in the region will be terrified enough to buy our weapons and missile defense systems

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
gently caress that bomb them for no logical gain other than international dick swinging, America first maga maga maga

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Bernie has the impeccable ability to want to do everything in his power to make it easier for blacks and other poors to live life whilst simultaneously having black people hate him for some reason, like what the gently caress?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Panzeh posted:

Iraq had both army and police and a government when we left. They asked us to leave and we did.

If you look at the situation in Afghanistan, the current Afghan government will only remain so long as we prop it up. At some point you can't keep shoveling money into the furnace there. It's a massive waste of money.

if we can't occupy them nicely, and we can't just leave them to their own devices, then maybe we should colonize the troubled areas and govern them properly and harshly. real 1984 stuff, everyon gets a GPS implant or something :twisted:

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
please, can anyone name one of bernald sandlers legislative accomplishments besides naming post offices

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dizz posted:

Bernie has the impeccable ability to want to do everything in his power to make it easier for blacks and other poors to live life whilst simultaneously having black people hate him for some reason, like what the gently caress?

Black people don't hate Bernie, that was another of Clinton's shameless lies.

For a fun time, listen to Clinton talking about Obama in the 2008 primary. She is so condescending and insulting

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

Guy Goodbody posted:

For a fun time, listen to Clinton talking about Obama in the 2008 primary. She is so condescending and insulting

Clinton also didn't like that blm girl that tried to interrupt her meeting with rich people. Poor girl is probably in a river now

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Don't kinkshame America's maple grampa

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Piss de Bundy posted:

imagine being so stupid you think trump is a good president

Oh man I can't even imagine it

"Actually, I look at facts and reality to form my opinions" - a person who thinks Donald James Tromp is a good pres.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Nut to Butt posted:

please, can anyone name one of bernald sandlers legislative accomplishments besides naming post offices

I agree. I don't understand why Sanders wasn't able to force legislation through our right wing government by decree. Luckily we got someone with some real accomplishments instead in the presidency.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
He wasn't a senator when Obama got voted in the first time and the democrats had a supermajority?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

Why is this not even a thing

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

quote:

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sentient Data posted:

He wasn't a senator when Obama got voted in the first time and the democrats had a supermajority?

he's been in federal government forever, and was considered a joke for most of that time, so i was surprised to see so many laudatory posts about his great accomplishments

that guy who quoted me probably isn't even american, and if he is, he should be embarrassed by his ignorance

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

normally this would just be mundane, but this time spunky is echoing trump's morning tweets, because he and the president share the same mental greatness, lol

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah some of them are on that "Hillary or death" train real hard though, just check out SA's very own 'Negrotown.'

What's funny about this is S. Korea's president just got ousted and is under arrest for... taking bribes via a friend's foundation in exchange for government favors. Haha.

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 3, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

World War Mammories posted:

normally this would just be mundane, but this time spunky is echoing trump's morning tweets, because he and the president share the same mental greatness, lol

That's the NY Times reporting on Bill Clinton getting half a million from the Kremlin while the State Department green lights the sale of Uranium to Russia.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
someone convince Trump that a space elevator being developed in America would make us the kings of the planet.

If he is willing to try a mars mission and a giant border wall I'm sure he would throw money at something useful.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

That's the NY Times reporting on Bill Clinton getting half a million from the Kremlin while the State Department green lights the sale of Uranium to Russia.

spunky, buddy

it became a thing, because, you know, clinton lost the election

it amazes me that both you and trump need to be reminded of this constantly

also, lol, I thought the NYSlimes couldn't be trusted

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

That makes it okay for Trump and company. Oh sorry looks like that report came from a known fake news outlet.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Wow I had no idea that all this was about impeaching Clinton instead of Trump.
I totally fell for the fake news that made me believe that Trump won the election, but no it was Hillary all along.
All this Trump bullshit is just a cover for the real president who is working with Russians: Crooked Hillary Clinton.

Good thing she is the president so these news are actually relevant...

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

World War Mammories posted:

spunky, buddy

it became a thing, because, you know, clinton lost the election

it amazes me that both you and trump need to be reminded of this constantly

also, lol, I thought the NYSlimes couldn't be trusted

So now that's fake news? I don't get what your stance is. It was okay for this to happen?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
You guys are going to lose, bigly.

Just like you lost the election. Trump's opposition will be totally discredited.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So now that's fake news? I don't get what your stance is. It was okay for this to happen?

It's not fake news.

Just no one gives a poo poo.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Bholder posted:

Just no one gives a poo poo.

She lost, though.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

my stance is I literally don't give a gently caress because she lost and trump has been very clear that he doesn't intend to pursue her

further, it's hilarious that both you and Donald J Trump, President of the United States are incapable of focusing on anyone else

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

it's only illegal to talk to russians if you've really pissed off liberals by winning the election you were supposed to lose. if you only disappointed them, it's not a crime.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
What's hilarious is people nonstop handwringing about the Russian ties to the White House when the Russians funneled millions of dollars into Clinton pockets right before the committee that Hillary was in charge of approved the sale of massive amounts of uranium to Russia.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

If it makes you feel any better, ie why the uranium thing is not a thing, I think Trump and Clinton are both sleazy.

Trump made it sound like he'd be more direct and honest than the typical establishment politician, but he ended up being no different.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

reminder that trump literally told a rally in public that he doesn't care about trying to prosecute hillary clinton's crimes, and yet his devotees still chant LOCK HER UP, because he conned them so well

if clinton goes to jail I do not give half a gently caress, arrest her and put her on trial, make her into a voodoo doll, whatever

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Roylicious posted:

What's hilarious is people nonstop handwringing about the spooky Russians when the Russians funneled millions of dollars into Clinton pockets right before the committee that Hillary was in charge of approved the sale of massive amounts of uranium to Russia.

That's nothing compared to the time Trump pissed on a hooker, its on tape, for real, it's totally not fake, some random guy said so through a media outlet getting sued for the story

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

because it has gone as far as it can. Clinton was never in the position to have much influence on the transaction approval process and there is no evidence that she ever did or that the transaction would have been blocked otherwise. All that is left to this story is that Clinton broke a promise to Obomomoer to disclose large donation to her foundation, which is worth some criticism, but isn't really some huge breaking news story.

this clinton foundation poo poo is a perfect example of why presidents should put all their poo poo in a blind trust, so lol at Trump making GBS threads on all these rules and conventions

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

because it has gone as far as it can. Clinton was never in the position to have much influence on the transaction approval process and there is no evidence that she ever did or that the transaction would have been blocked otherwise. All that is left to this story is that Clinton broke a promise to Obomomoer to disclose large donation to her foundation, which is worth some criticism, but isn't really some huge breaking news story.

this clinton foundation poo poo is a perfect example of why presidents should put all their poo poo in blind trust, so lol at Trump making GBS threads on all these rules and conventions

So all that's left is Clinton's pinky promise that nothing bad happened after she just broke her promise to Obama to disclose large donations, and we're just supposed to believe that. I'm supposed to believe the Secretary of State (who, at the time, was expected to be the next president) has no influence on that transaction committee at all and she was just 1 vote out of all the rest.

Meanwhile, a similar situation is unfolding with Trump but no one will give him the benefit of the doubt because Trump bad.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

That's nothing compared to the time Trump pissed on a hooker, its on tape, for real, it's totally not fake, some random guy said so through a media outlet getting sued for the story

excuse me, the hookers pissed on a bed obama slept in while trump watched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i will not stand for any maligning of the cinematic tour de force of the century

• Locked thread