Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

rotinaj posted:

I am convinced he will do another match and will actually die in the ring this time

No way does he leave that money on the table

He made a bet with capitalism that all his debts are gone if he dies in the ring so now capitalism is shooting him with Life Rays during every new retirement match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

Terry Funk is Doomguy in Hell but needn't guns.

(And he's in Heaven too)

he's left hooking angels

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I wonder what Ric Flair would be like if he stopped drinking at like, 30. When you consider the guy has gotten drunk almost every day since the 1970s, aside from like a 30-day sobriety run a few years back, it's surprising he's simply still alive.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lawler vs kaufman... legendary

I saw most of this on TV in real time, but was a bit too young to really grasp the impact. I just knew the guy from Taxi was in long underwear and talking trash to Lawler. I have memories of seeing one of their matches at Louisville Gardens,and the reactions of the crowd sticks out more than anything, mostly because I heard some new words that night.

The entire saga is on YouTube and I wish I had time to watch all of it. The way that Kaufman, Lawler and Hart work the crowd is just insane. I'll also give a shout out to announcers, Lance Russell and Dave Brown.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Animal-Mother posted:

Terry Funk is Doomguy in Hell but needn't guns.

(And he's in Heaven too)

I'm imagining Terry Funk saying the lines from the Doom comic and it feels right.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I wonder what Ric Flair would be like if he stopped drinking at like, 30.

Dead of a heart attack, no doubt. The alcohol melts the arterial plaque. His blood is like Xenomorphs'.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kaufman understood wrestling perfectly and if he had started in pro wrestling he would have become a star

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
rip and tear (terry funk voice crack) rip and tear your guuuuuts

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

rip and tear (terry funk voice crack) rip and tear your guuuuuts

"Andre, you are huge! That means you have huge guts!"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren:

Stormy Daniels is testifying in court today!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Oh this is what Ric flair is up to

https://twitter.com/RicFlairNatrBoy/status/1787221650468929592

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

lol that's a a lot to unpack but what's unsettling to me Is How He Is Using Capitalization On Every Word.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

he spent $1500 in a restaraunt in gainesville...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Ric Karen

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ric Flair was taking photos with customers and staff in the shitter, is what I'm gathering from that

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

Ric Flair was doing blow with customers and staff in the shitter, is what I'm gathering from that

he spent $1500 in a restaraunt in gainesville...

Here's more details https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...tweet-complaint

It was a family event, someone's graduation. My guess is he had to piss or snort something the the stall was occupied. Because why else would you cause a scene at a family event (probably some great grand niece?) to the point where you're thrown out. That's totally normal behaviour.

But...it is Florida.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ric flair is incapable of not spending thousands of dollars on something

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Bonzo posted:

Because why else would you cause a scene at a family event (probably some great grand niece?) to the point where you're thrown out. That's totally normal behaviour.

Seems like totally normal behavior for Ric Flair.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The (call of) Nature Boy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he's an old man when he has to go he has to go

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1787888664850125167

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

lol "You're on the pussy clock"

This is the man who cut how many famous promos? Don't mix and pills and booze kids.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
woooo!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

He sounds sauced as poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Seth Pecksniff posted:

He sounds sauced as poo poo

its ric flair, dude

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEwrle8Bzp8

imagining this followed by michael cole shouting "drat it I love professional wrestling"

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

urns

woooo-urns.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Cubone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEwrle8Bzp8

imagining this followed by michael cole shouting "drat it I love professional wrestling"

lmao this guy kicks rear end

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

lol but remember, after his kidney failure his doctor said to make sure he drinks plenty of water, he never said he couldn't drink alcohol. woooo!

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

kaufman understood wrestling perfectly and if he had started in pro wrestling he would have become a star

tony clifton might as well have been a heel manager

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
ric flair being a rosy-cheeked drunk-as-a-skunk dickhead at a restaurant is not surprising at all

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

My guess is they cut him off and was told the Kitchen Manager is the one who said it. Flair wants to argue with the guy but he's in the bathroom, which explains the comment made on X.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

lol but remember, after his kidney failure his doctor said to make sure he drinks plenty of water, he never said he couldn't drink alcohol. woooo!

I think about reading Flair's autobiography, published in 2002, when things seemed to be on an upswing into a long, slow, quiet trip into history. He talked about how his treatment in WCW once Bischoff came in slowly tore away at his confidence and basically rendered him a mass of self-doubt and other neurosis. It seemed like a story of troubles overcome, but in reality, it was just a warning sign that he was prone to such things, and what he needed was help.

But people like Ric Flair don't get help, and sadly he's fallen into a much deeper pit of such feelings. You do get the feeling from Flair recounting his darkest moments then that he wanted to die because he felt he had no worth. Now, with his horrible finances, three ruined marriages since the book was released, the loss of his son due to a drug overdose (and I'd bet money that Ric thinks that his son might have either been trying to escape his shadow or was trying his own version of 'stylin' and profilin' and unlike his father, the genetics didn't line up), his darn last match giving him a literal heart attack, I really have to wonder if he's subconsciously trying to kill himself and that he thinks that's the best solution; as Michael Jackson shows, death makes a lot of people forgive and forget your sins.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I think he’s just a brain damaged carny but it might be that deep.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he's used to thousands of people cheering his name he cannot function as a normal human being anymore especially not as an old man

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There was another biography he co-wrote a few years later where he went into detail about his alcoholic cardiomyopathy. And then tried to sue anyone that quoted the book because he realized he was way too honest about himself and his problems in it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

if you look back on all his exploits going back to when he was in college, he just can't handle living a normal life.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

So now Ric Flair’s the bad guy and the immortal Hulk Hogan is leading other wrestlers to Jesus and literally got a message from Heaven from Rowdy Roddy Piper. How the worm has turned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
beware of false prophets, brother