Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So... Blok, Atak or Stok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

MikeJF posted:

So... Blok, Atak or Stok?

Assuming this is a question:

You can obtain the Zodiac Spear, Zodiac Escutcheon and Ensanguined Shield by
giving 10 trophies to each

Alternatively, you can get Genji Gloves and Ribbon by giving 20 trophies to Stok, 5 to Blok and 5 to Atak (you only need to give 16 to Stok, but give the extra 4 trophies so you'll get a Cat-ear Hood)

Stolen from Item Location guide by Necrolesian (GFaqs, 2011)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just saw a commercial on youtube advertising Caith Sith in their mobile game, has Cait Sith always had this character theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlrVkojoo_M

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
He had a kinda swanky theme in 7, but I can't quite pick out the tune in that video.

..that's a really catchy song though, wow.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just saw a commercial on youtube advertising Caith Sith in their mobile game, has Cait Sith always had this character theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlrVkojoo_M
The Mobius mascot jobs all have quirky music “inspired by” mainstream FF themes. For example, the Tonberry Costume has a remix of the FF6 battle theme.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-t29YiWkPVs

And then there’s this.... thing that plays when Ultros or Greg is around.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lBFJvUKKUx0

Varance fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 26, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I really want to like you World of Final Fantasy but I cant because youre a monster collector game.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Barudak posted:

I really want to like you World of Final Fantasy but I cant because youre a monster collector game.

If you hang out in that cave early on and just get all 3 of Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh you can use them the entire game without ever swapping once you find another one thing to like.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

If you hang out in that cave early on and just get all 3 of Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh you can use them the entire game without ever swapping once you find another one thing to like.

Thank you, thats exactly what I was hoping.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nephzinho posted:

I might actually play WoFF now.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
But you won't have a Chocobo :(

They should have had the moogles evolve into ivalice moogles

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it's pretty easy to find a set of monsters that you can stick with the rest of the game and ignore the others if you really want. What's cool is you can unlock other boards with the same monster and change them into something else, and they'll keep their level and stats. Use behemoth since it has at least 4 forms that you'll unlock over the course of time. Nakks, tonberries and mandragoras have several forms too.

Edit: I really think the game isn't great at explaining it, but basically look at this list: https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5039-world-of-final-fantasy-mirage-guide-mirage-list-with-all-mirages-prismtunity-abilities-more each time you catch a new monster, it unlocks that board permanently (or you unlock the board through other means) and you can then convert any of those monster types into any of the family type. For example, I used baby behemoth, and when I caught a kuza kit, I just convert my high level baby behemoth into a kuza kit by unlocking it on the license board, and it retains the same level, as opposed to grinding a new monster. You can and should convert them because every 20% or so abilities they learn, they get stat boosts from learning abilities on their family tree.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 26, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Having to use the humans in your stacks was really lame in woff. Let me use the cool ff enemies game!

(The postgame doesn’t count)

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

corn in the bible posted:

I like the crystal chronicles moogles. For one thing, they carry the chalice so you don't have to be the butt-monkey of your own singleplayer game.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Andrast posted:

Having to use the humans in your stacks was really lame in woff. Let me use the cool ff enemies game!

(The postgame doesn’t count)

Would be cool if the game had a NG+ where you could swap the twins out and keep all your existing pokemons but everybody gets reset to lv1.

Might not even be that difficult to write a tool to do that actually.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

corn in the bible posted:

Ivalice's moogles are ugly and dumb though. :confused:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ivalice's moogles are ugly and dumb though. :confused:

How is it possible to be this wrong

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
FF6 Moogles are the One True Moogle. I will start a holy war over this

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

Final Fantasy needs more playable moogle breakdancers

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The White Dragon posted:

You have my axe.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FFXII would've been better if Vaan was a moogle

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Forget moogles, bring back FF2 beavers

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

The White Dragon posted:

We are now enemies.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The best Moogles are the Moombas :colbert:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The White Dragon posted:

This person knows what's up.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

bloom posted:

We are now enemies.

Hey look, it's the right answer

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

To be frank, IX is always the correct answer to most questions.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FFIX is really really good and gently caress now I want to play it again really badly

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Clearly the best moogles are Namingway.
*runs*

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

In "seriousness", how many different varietals are we considering here? FFV and VI use the same sprites for moogles, and the IX ones could be considered a proper 3D adaptation. Ivalice moogles are clearly different, and while Eorzea moogles share a superficial resemblance to IX they are also entirely made of dandelion fluff that likely conceals a demonic core belying their true nature.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Harrow posted:

FFXII would've been better if Vaan was a moogle

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bruceski posted:

In "seriousness", how many different varietals are we considering here? FFV and VI use the same sprites for moogles, and the IX ones could be considered a proper 3D adaptation. Ivalice moogles are clearly different, and while Eorzea moogles share a superficial resemblance to IX they are also entirely made of dandelion fluff that likely conceals a demonic core belying their true nature.

My moogle opinion is that the best Final Fantasy games are the ones where moogles are literally real in-setting and not just dolls or cartoons. (FFT counts because even though moogles are extinct they were real.)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The best Moogles are in Secret of Mana

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Harrow posted:

FFIX is really really good and gently caress now I want to play it again really badly

The phone and pc ports are pretty good.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ohtsam posted:

The phone and pc ports are pretty good.

Yeah I bought the PC port a while back and it's good. That's probably the version I'll play again.

I appreciate the option to turn on automatically learning abilities without grinding AP because in the late-game I like to be able to learn abilities without necessarily gaining a bunch of EXP and over-leveling and stuff. I didn't use it last time but I might this time.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
IX has great art, world building and story(especially the first half) but I found the battle and skill systems really boring.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

bloom posted:

IX has great art, world building and story(especially the first half) but I found the battle and skill systems really boring.

I like 9's skill system, but I'm biased because I liked it in the tactics sequels. It was an interesting way to gate abilities that could not be passed by grinding.

Battles would have been fine, if somewhat bog standard, if they were not so drat slow.

Excalibur being available only to speed runners annoys me to this day, given how much extra stuff there is in the game.

lobster22221 fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 26, 2018

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I love love love IX’s skill system. Making almost every piece of equipment have a use is cool.

Tales of Vesperia pretty much copied the system wholesale and I loved it there too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

IX for me completely unspools the moment youre off the mist continent and just ugh the end stretch. Its also got slow combat, half the cast are redundant or slot fillers, and I hate Chocobo Hot and Cold so its definitely near the bottom for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

dat vamo alla flamenco tho