Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wwb
Aug 17, 2004

Dumb question -- how are we identifying ourselves?

Typically this isn't a challenge at a goon meet -- just look at the corner of the bar with really geeky dudes all the women are avoiding. But SFO is thick with geeky dudes and the chicks seem to dig that here . . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
I'll have a large Sony backpack and red hoodie. I'm Asian.

wwb
Aug 17, 2004

Roger, guess I should added the physical description -- brown sports coat, red button down shirt, overgrownish greying beard w/ glasses.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

If I make it I'm tall with glasses and slightly shaggy greying hair, jeans, black T-shirt with red, or wearing a Firefox hoodie.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Haha what you guys are describing is literally everyone there right now.

wwb
Aug 17, 2004

Nah, only seen three other nondescript white dudes in silicon valley ceo uniform. Now the hoodies on the other hand . . .

I'll add I have a moto 360 which makes me perhaps one of one here . . .

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
Lowtax giveth, and Lowtax taketh away.
College Slice
I'm wearing my ATP Gold Edition™ shirt and I have a bright electric blue backpack. I plan on ducking out of this Search APIs session slightly early to head over there.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Doh004 posted:

Haha what you guys are describing is literally everyone there right now.

I'm also a bit out of shape and might have a backpack.

How late do people think they'll be there? Not sure what time I'll get arrived and parked after this meeting.

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
College Slice

Subjunctive posted:

I'm also a bit out of shape and might have a backpack.

How late do people think they'll be there? Not sure what time I'll get arrived and parked after this meeting.

Well sessions don't resume until 1:30 so at least until 1:15 or so, possibly later if some people aren't going to any sessions at that hour.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I'll be wearing a dark blue Engineer shirt because after lunch I'm working in the DevTools lab.

Hope you're all watching the session on UI Testing right now!

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
I can stick around indefinitely.

wwb
Aug 17, 2004

eschaton posted:

I'll be wearing a dark blue Engineer shirt because after lunch I'm working in the DevTools lab.

Hope you're all watching the session on UI Testing right now!

Sitting smack in the middle of the room actually. Great session.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
This place has been open for only 10 minutes and it's filling up fast. Not sure we'll have much room to sit together.

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
College Slice
Hmm I'm here. Where are you?

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
College Slice
Ok this hipster trap is too busy, we are moving down the street to the park. It's called South Park. Will post where we land shortly.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008

Ender.uNF posted:

Ok this hipster trap is too busy, we are moving down the street to the park. It's called South Park. Will post where we land shortly.

Mexico au parc-> table in the park

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
College Slice
Ok we got stuff at Mexico as parc and have colonized tables in the park

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dirk Pitt posted:

Apple reviews are inconsistent. We white label apps and some but not all need Core Bluetooth entitlement for some features. I should be better in the build system by setting entitlements, but I was under a deadline. Apple approved 5 apps that didn't need the bluetooth entitlement, and then blocked the 3 that did. To their credit, they were quick to approve the apps once I gave an explanation. But I was still a bit confused, and panicked because of a tradeshow next week and the ridiculous 14 + day wait lately for submissions.

I WL two apps that have push entitlements enabled in the project file but otherwise absent. Never been rejected for that

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
PARC Mexico burrito was good and it was good to meet folks and put faces to user IDs.

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
College Slice
Indeed, it was nice to meet everyone. Hope to see you around at some meetups.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
It appears as though the project now has a .xcscmblueprint file in it in Xcode 7. Any reason not to add this to .gitignore?

I've also noticed that in ~/Library/Developer, there's now an XCPGDevices folder, which appears to also have simulators in it. Anyone have a better idea on what this is?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

eschaton posted:

PARC Mexico burrito was good and it was good to meet folks and put faces to user IDs.

I think I worked out who everyone was...does this look right?

West Side:
rjmccall
Kallikrates?
Doctor w-rw-rw-
Ender.uNF

East Side:
wwb
Plorkyeran
ultramiraculous
eschaton

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
Correct

wwb
Aug 17, 2004

Sounds about right. Was great to meet everyone.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
http://fbinfer.com/

This looks really neat. Any comment from our resident Facebookers on how well it works?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It finds tons of stuff pre-commit in our apps, and in a lot of open source software we've pointed it at.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
pre:
** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

Starting analysis (Infer version v0.1.0)
Analysis done

24 files analyzed

No issues found
:hellyeah:

Going to run pre-commit from now on to see what mistakes I make as I build out this project.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Subjunctive posted:

It finds tons of stuff pre-commit in our apps, and in a lot of open source software we've pointed it at.

Any swift support?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Not yet, and I'm sure not at least until the swift open source release.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
When can we drop this facade about Core Data not being an ORM? Is it unique constraints and batch deletions?

(Shameful admission: I used to buy in.)

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
It's not an ORM because it's missing the most important feature of an ORM: being able to just access the database directly for all the things that the ORM does worse than SQL.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Surprise of WWDC for me: an actual talk on touch handling / latency!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Plorkyeran posted:

It's not an ORM because it's missing the most important feature of an ORM: being able to just access the database directly for all the things that the ORM does worse than SQL.

I guess. You really can awfully close though, with features that only work on the SQLite store even.

There's nothing stopping you from direct database access.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

pokeyman posted:

There's nothing stopping you from direct database access.

Other than the last shreds of your sanity...

unlurked
Jan 20, 2006

Set phasers to HURT!
I've had a build for the Mac App Store in "Processing for App Store" status for more than a week now in iTunes Connect. Another build for iPad has been a few days already stuck in the same status. In the meantime I cannot do things like edit the descriptions for my apps, either on the stuck version or the published one. Apple Support takes days to answer and so far they are just asking me super relevant questions like "what is your web browser". Does anybody know of a fix for this?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wait til after wwdc to submit stuff? I imagine with the dev portal overhaul there are going to be some annoying delays

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

unlurked posted:

I've had a build for the Mac App Store in "Processing for App Store" status for more than a week now in iTunes Connect. Another build for iPad has been a few days already stuck in the same status. In the meantime I cannot do things like edit the descriptions for my apps, either on the stuck version or the published one. Apple Support takes days to answer and so far they are just asking me super relevant questions like "what is your web browser". Does anybody know of a fix for this?

Keep bugging support. Call them if you can. Sometimes poo poo gets stuck and needs a poke.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm in the middle of watching this talk about new auto layout stuff. The stack view seems really nice but I don't see how you can use it unless you are prepared to abandon all of your users who don't update to iOS 9. Maybe it will be a reasonable choice in a year or so.

https://developer.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2015/?id=218

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Yeah it's high on my list of "remember this a year from now".

That's pretty par for the course though. I almost think one should watch the year-old sessions now because that's what you'll be able to ship in the fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
It really bugs me that I have to download Safari to watch those videos. Why can't they just work in Chrome?