Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Apparently Old Maid makes one character randomly (and the status is invisible) do an attack against the party the next turn, so if Tatsuya got hit and didn't defend...

And in IS, I got some other Personas like Taksaka and Surya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah the way you see who was hit by Old Maid is you have to go into the command menu, set everyone to defend, (I think it's been a while) let everyone activate and then go back to the command list. The person who had the invisible Old Maid status will be set to attack instead of defend.

I agree the random F**K with the beep is a bit distracting.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
Yeah, I figured out how to defend against Old Maid during the Joker Ulala fight. Though it was still an annoying fight, since the only character who had a different persona was Maya, since it's a pain in the rear end trying to converse with demons with only three party members, especially because you can't really try conversing in teams at this point, since no one likes Boufu and Boufu doesn't really give a poo poo about other people himself.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.facebook.com/PersonaEurope

quote:

An update for you today - and a positive one at that.

We are now in submission for the Xbox 360 build of Persona 4 Arena.

Though dependent on when it passes, of course - I think it's realistic for me to say we're looking at a May release.

I will update you all on the specifics very soon...

So... finally?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Kids like Kurt Russel, right?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hope he turns out to be a cool dude.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Man, SMT IV's designs are so polarizing for me. The character designs are drat awesome, but some of those Kamen Rider-esque demon designs... Ugh.

So, for something that's tangentially MegaTen (or Kaneko related), Maken Shao is now on the EU PSN. I... kind of remember the Dreamcast version (fairly good controls for a dreamcast FPS, horrendously bad House of the Dead-style voice acting). What... exactly would I be getting into here?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Hope he turns out to be a cool dude.

It looks like he gives you sidequests, so you'll probably hate him before the game is over.

You know who isn't gonna turn out to be a cool dudette? This bitch:

She lives inside your Gauntlet and she appears to be the being holding onto Jon and Walt on the game cover.

And here are some Jesus freaks, Gaby and Hugo.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
The AI's name is Burroughs, I believe.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

El Belmondo posted:

The AI's name is Burroughs, I believe.

I guess this means the alignments/factions will be Factualists/Liquefactionists/Senders/Divisionists this time.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

MechaX posted:

Man, SMT IV's designs are so polarizing for me. The character designs are drat awesome, but some of those Kamen Rider-esque demon designs... Ugh.

So, for something that's tangentially MegaTen (or Kaneko related), Maken Shao is now on the EU PSN. I... kind of remember the Dreamcast version (fairly good controls for a dreamcast FPS, horrendously bad House of the Dead-style voice acting). What... exactly would I be getting into here?

Essentially, it's the old "a bunch of enemies attack you, stab them in the face" gameplay style. You can choose to possess certain characters at points, which affects the story as well as what your movelist is. Also pretty difficult, although that may be because I last played it two years ago.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TurnipFritter posted:

Kids like Kurt Russel, right?

So not only is STEVEN back, we also get older Snake Plissken? :allears:

While the demon designs are kinda hit-or-miss so far, it seems that character interaction is gonna be among the super strong points.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Oh, if anyone wanted to see it, here's MT2's true ending in the remake.

Yeah, the characters in SMT4 are looking to be real cool. :allears: I wonder how the endings will go?

What happened to that guy's arm? It looks like scissors.

blue font
Feb 28, 2011
I've given Nocturne another shot. Absolutely enthralled with the setting and ambience of the entire game. A Jack Frost asked me if all children should die. At one point I cast an enemy lure spell, then I was attacked by 5 consecutive waves of enemies. This is stuff you will never find in Persona, and I'm love with it.

But after playing Golden, I can't deal with rerolling fusions. Just don't have the patience for it anymore. I know the game probably isn't hard enough to justify making perfect fusions every time, but I would still like the option of just *picking* what the monsters inherit... Golden has completely spoiled me in that regard. Is there any kind of save editor for Nocturne, or a good resource for changing skills manually via action replay or something?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

blue font posted:

I've given Nocturne another shot. Absolutely enthralled with the setting and ambience of the entire game. A Jack Frost asked me if all children should die. At one point I cast an enemy lure spell, then I was attacked by 5 consecutive waves of enemies. This is stuff you will never find in Persona, and I'm love with it.

But after playing Golden, I can't deal with rerolling fusions. Just don't have the patience for it anymore. I know the game probably isn't hard enough to justify making perfect fusions every time, but I would still like the option of just *picking* what the monsters inherit... Golden has completely spoiled me in that regard. Is there any kind of save editor for Nocturne, or a good resource for changing skills manually via action replay or something?

Not that I'm aware of sorry. I hope the picking inherited skills makes it into SMT IV though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

blue font posted:

Is there any kind of save editor for Nocturne, or a good resource for changing skills manually via action replay or something?

Play in a emulator and abuse quicksaves?

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"

blue font posted:

Is there any kind of save editor for Nocturne, or a good resource for changing skills manually via action replay or something?
There are some skill mod codes down in this page.

Hope that's what you're looking for.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

This was supposed to be an edit, but I accidentally clicked "quote" and made a new post. Oh well. What I was going to say was that it looks like you'll have to know a little bit how AR codes work, and you may have to experiment with what codes correlate to what skill. Otherwise, savestates on an emulator are probably your best bet. Though if you're not playing on an emulator, you might as well just roll skills, since going out of your way to install an emulator -- on top of Nocturne's shadow glitch -- is probably more trouble than it's worth.

Snix fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 16, 2013

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Snix posted:

This was supposed to be an edit, but I accidentally clicked "quote" and made a new post. Oh well. What I was going to say was that it looks like you'll have to know a little bit how AR codes work, and you may have to experiment with what codes correlate to what skill. Otherwise, savestates on an emulator are probably your best bet. Though if you're not playing on an emulator, you might as well just roll skills, since going out of your way to install an emulator -- on top of Nocturne's shadow glitch -- is probably more trouble than it's worth.

I'm replaying it on an emulator now. The shadow glitch is a small price to pay for 6x internal resolution, widescreen, and 16x MSAA.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Norns posted:

I'm replaying it on an emulator now. The shadow glitch is a small price to pay for 6x internal resolution, widescreen, and 16x MSAA.

I haven't noticed a shadow glitch yet. The only bad thing I've seen so far is that the screen doesn't blur correctly on battle transitions. It's the smallest price to pay.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Mailer posted:

I haven't noticed a shadow glitch yet. The only bad thing I've seen so far is that the screen doesn't blur correctly on battle transitions. It's the smallest price to pay.

There's the shadow glitch. It really only becomes noticeable in one cutscene when you get to Ikebukuro Isamu's shadow completely covers his body making him invisible after Thor sucks away his Magatsuhi the first time you enter Mantra HQ

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

And now he will never unsee said shadow glitch!

If you really don't have the issue, I'd love to know what settings you are using.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Norns posted:

And now he will never unsee said shadow glitch!

If you really don't have the issue, I'd love to know what settings you are using.

I'm pretty sure I didn't have it when I was playing. I'll check it out when I can (probably tomorrow) if it turns out he has it and didn't notice.

I did mess with my settings a bunch to make the weird errors in Front Mission 5's shadows and dirty textures go away, so maybe I accidentally fixed it at the same time.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Prism posted:

I'm pretty sure I didn't have it when I was playing. I'll check it out when I can (probably tomorrow) if it turns out he has it and didn't notice.

I did mess with my settings a bunch to make the weird errors in Front Mission 5's shadows and dirty textures go away, so maybe I accidentally fixed it at the same time.

Well if you don't have the glitch let us know what you did because I wouldn't mind knowing how to fix it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
So, when Ghostlight or SCEE or whoever said "Maken Shao has some minor texture issues in corridors" they actually meant "when you're in corridors loving triangular polys flare up infront of the camera constantly". I really don't see how this passed QA. Sure it doesn't really affect gameplay but holy poo poo is it annoying.

Doesn't help that the game isn't actually very good at all, a tiny bit better than Maken X, but ultimately still a super clunky slasher with an abysmal, ridiculous story somewhat saved by interesting character designs and decent music. At least it was cheap.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

havenwaters posted:

Well if you don't have the glitch let us know what you did because I wouldn't mind knowing how to fix it.

Sorry for the delay in checking, life stuff.

I don't see it. Maybe it doesn't show up on that floor.

I use GSDX10 on Direct3D11 (Hardware), blend bff interlacing, with the following toggles on: Texture Filtering, Allow 8-Bit Textures, Enable HW Hacks and Edge Anti-Aliasing.

You have to go into GSdx.ini; mine is in My Documents/PCSX2/inis. At the bottom, set UserHacks=1. In the actual configurer this will allow you to set hacks; you want Skipdraw to not be zero. Mine is 5.

This fixes a lot of shadow issues. It made Front Mission 5 playable without really weird texture errors, too.

ed: fixed the pictures

Prism fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 18, 2013

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

I think that room is just different. In that one my shadows are fine as well (no matter the settings) elsewhere they still are bugged even with your settings. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

havenwaters posted:

I think that room is just different. In that one my shadows are fine as well (no matter the settings) elsewhere they still are bugged even with your settings. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal.

I wasn't sure given the floor was reflective but I was in a hurry at the time. I'm not now.

Software makes it go away (I think? I didn't see it outside), but then the game is rather blurry. You're right, though. Apparently you can fix it but it means you can see through some walls (it's CrcHacksExclusions=all in the .ini, though I didn't play around with it).

Guess my memory was off. Sorry about that.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

No problem. I'll take glitched shadows over see through walls.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Some "news" about Persona 5:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-18/producer/atlus-working-hard-on-next-persona-title

Atlus confirmed that "they are working hard on the next Persona title".

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
Didn't they confirm exactly the same thing 3 years ago?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Yes. Along with however many times in the interim.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

"Guys, we still haven't stopped working on it, we swear!" is good enough for me. That game has been vaporware for some time. I was so sure we'd see something last TGS. Now I'm placing my bets on a Famitsu reveal sometime around E3 (but obviously not at E3)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

"Guys, we still haven't stopped working on it, we swear!" is good enough for me. That game has been vaporware for some time. I was so sure we'd see something last TGS. Now I'm placing my bets on a Famitsu reveal sometime around E3 (but obviously not at E3)

Doesn't help that there are games in similar situtations: The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy Versus 13. And everyone is just hoping for more info at each E3/TGS.

And of all the stuff that's sort of vaporware for years, we got Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines and look how those turned out :smith:

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

I beat Persona 2 Innocent Sin and then loaded up Eternal Punishment. Man, this thing is suffering from some real 90s localization. I'm barely in and I'm already confused. What the hell does "a ceramic girl" even mean?!

edit: Oh, yeah. Innocent Sin had a really good story and the PSP remake managed to make the game reasonably fun. It was a really good game. Eternal Punishment is going to be a bit of a slog just because of the slow UI and old controls. Also, it's on a tiny box on an already small Vita screen. It's too bad that the PSP remake wasn't the one that was on PSN. Not sure what's going on with that.

Sputty fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 19, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those are more because Gearbox was using assets for games that were already mostly made and then did a bad job at putting them together. SE and Atlus actually have good development teams which still churn out good (if not ridiculously ambitious in Square's case) video games. You can't really judge a game taking forever to come out as the same as ones that came out and weren't even being finished by their original developers.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sputty posted:

I beat Persona 2 Innocent Sin and then loaded up Eternal Punishment. Man, this thing is suffering from some real 90s localization. I'm barely in and I'm already confused. What the hell does "a ceramic girl" even mean?!

edit: Oh, yeah. Innocent Sin had a really good story and the PSP remake managed to make the game reasonably fun. It was a really good game. Eternal Punishment is going to be a bit of a slog just because of the slow UI and old controls. Also, it's on a tiny box on an already small Vita screen. It's too bad that the PSP remake wasn't the one that was on PSN. Not sure what's going on with that.

An Atlus US rep mentioned that they weren't "allowed" to translate the PSP version of EP and the best they could do was put it up as a PS1 classic, it's playable in English to a wider market without having to devote resources to translation and such. Don't forget you can play PS1 classics on a PS3 too, there are way more PS3s around than PSP/Vita in the west.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

An Atlus US rep mentioned that they weren't "allowed" to translate the PSP version of EP and the best they could do was put it up as a PS1 classic, it's playable in English to a wider market without having to devote resources to translation and such. Don't forget you can play PS1 classics on a PS3 too, there are way more PS3s around than PSP/Vita in the west.

Fair enough but what does ceramic girl mean?!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm assuming it means a girl who is fragile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proto Cloud
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe next year...
I'm honestly enjoying EP more than IS right now. So far it's actually a challenge unlike IS PSP, which from beginning to end, I just trucked through the game and made battles more of a slog. The dated UI and translation are a bit of an issue though.

I'm starting to think that this game bombed in Japan because all the main characters are adults. Which is the equivalent of having a cast of retired people for everyone else. It's pretty cool to see more older people in a JRPG for a change. Baofu, Katsuya and Ulala are actually pretty entertaining, compared to the IS cast.