Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Hollismason posted:

I don't know if this got posted didn't see it.

Red Band for The Nice Guys , Shane Black's new film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vb32Kokbtg

It did, but I watched it again because it's really good. Movie looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COvnHv42T-A

oh snap, he doesnt have hair

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

This does not look good.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ending the trailer with 'look! Xavier's bald now!' is absolutely bizarre

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Going to be real mad if they don't have Oscar Isaac deliver the "I am the rocks of the eternal shore" line.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yup, that's an X-Men movie.

Probably won't be as good as DoFP or First Class but I'm sure it'll be a fun ride.

Apocalypse's costume is still goofy looking though and I'm not sure why they've made Mystique the friggin star of this reboot series it's just weird.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Deakul posted:

Apocalypse's costume is still goofy looking though and I'm not sure why they've made Mystique the friggin star of this reboot series it's just weird.

Because Mystique is played by one of the world's biggest movie stars

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They really lucked into Jennifer Laurence too. They got her signed to these movies before she blew up.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

morestuff posted:

Hm, yeah, I suppose that could have something to do with it.

I hate the lucky bastard that gets to apply that make up. :sigh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dexo posted:

They really lucked into Jennifer Laurence too. They got her signed to these movies before she blew up.

I'm guessing that Fox Studios probably sent a lovely fruit basket to Lionsgate to thank them for turning her into an A-lister. :v:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Deakul posted:

I hate the lucky bastard that gets to apply that make up. :sigh:

1) Gross, and 2) It's actually a bodysuit now, she only wears makeup on her head and hands.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

morestuff posted:

I'm glad Halle Berry's star has fallen because Storm kind of sucks. Like Halle Berry.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

I'm glad Halle Berry's star has fallen because Storm kind of sucks. Like Halle Berry.

Storm's cool and i'm glad they're going with her mohawk look in this.

trailer was kinda crummy, but i'm still excited for the movie. i like that Apocalypse quotes Freddy Krueger.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Seems like a weird role for Oscar Isaac, but that just makes it more interesting.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

trailer was kinda crummy, but i'm still excited for the movie. i like that Apocalypse quotes Freddy Krueger.

Or Freddy Krueger got it from him.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

Or Freddy Krueger got it from him.

dammit

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Not enough Walking like an Egyptian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV_CwCTOOMI

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The original conception of Storm as played by Angela Bassett as a former pick-pocket street urchin later worshipped as a goddess in Africa sounds like a cool character, better than "Halle Berry with a dumb accent and occasional rain". This is one of those things where I imagined how cool it would be to have X-Men movies as a kid and am disappointed with the character we got.

See: Gambit.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I feel the ending of DoFP has spoiled me on the ending of this movie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

1) Gross, and 2) It's actually a bodysuit now, she only wears makeup on her head and hands.

Ew women.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Going to be real mad if they don't have Oscar Isaac deliver the "I am the rocks of the eternal shore" line.

drat, forgot that line. He was maybe the best thing about the cartoon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

At least the new movie looks like it's not just the same story as all the other ones.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 11, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

kiimo posted:

See: Gambit.

Gambit was literally in the that wolverine movie for like 10m and did nothing. I think of him as that guy who flew the plane. They already did his best story from the 90s tv show without him so he can be forgotten.

Mierenneuker posted:

I feel the ending of DoFP has spoiled me on the ending of this movie.
Didn't see quicksilver at the end of DoFP. The internet will explode.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

"I'm so jealous of the guy or gal who puts makeup on the actress because it means they're TOUCHING HER NAKED BODY" *tongue unrolls, begins baying at the moon*

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Whoa, what the hell guy, who said anything about touching her body?

I meant applying the make up to her face and doing her hair cause I'm a gay man that works in a salon, see?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

"I'm so jealous of the guy or gal who puts makeup on the actress because it means they're TOUCHING HER NAKED BODY" *tongue unrolls, begins baying at the moon*
same

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They gotta use like a brush or something, but it is Hollywood, they could be applying the makeup with aggressive groping.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I imagine that applying heavy makeup and prosthetics to someone elses buttcrack is a quick way to de-idolize them.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Electromax posted:

I imagine that applying heavy makeup and prosthetics to someone elses buttcrack is a quick way to de-idolize them.

That or just actually watch her acting.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are you referring to Jennifer Lawrence one day after she was nominated for another Golden Globe for acting?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

kiimo posted:

Are you referring to Jennifer Lawrence one day after she was nominated for another Golden Globe for acting?

Yes I don't think she's worth the hype. She's not terrible, but definitely overrated. She was great in Winter's Bone and... that's about it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

kiimo posted:

Halle Berry won an Academy Award.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Have you considered that maybe it's you? And not the overwhelming majority of people who think she's great?

edit: my issues with Halle Berry are personal, I'm aware she's good at acting.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

kiimo posted:

Have you considered that maybe it's you? And not the overwhelming majority of people who think she's great?

Oh you're right... my bad. Forgot to consult the majority and award shows.

Tell me again about Pixels?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Wow, a Golden Globe nomination. What an honor.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Wow, a Golden Globe nomination. What an honor.

Dude drop it. The majority of people think she's great. Conversation over.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Golden Globes are important because they're a barometer for how Oscar voting is likely to go. That's the only reason people immediately jump on GG noms in advertising.

And sorry, not trying to start an argument.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Golden Globes are important because they're a barometer for how Oscar voting is likely to go. That's the only reason people immediately jump on GG noms in advertising.

You have an interesting definition of "important"

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

kiimo posted:

And sorry, not trying to start an argument.

No argument! I just don't like her. I think she's kind of an over emoting ham. I'm totally fine with other people liking her.

Also the Pixels thing is just a light hearted jab because it's a fun throwback (I haven't even seen the movie!).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DoFP ruled, but this? Ehhhhhhhhh.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

You have an interesting definition of "important"

I moved to LA 12 years ago and before that I didn't give a gently caress about the Oscars. However, it drives the industry. Golden Globe noms, like Oscar noms, get you hired. They're important. I like Crispin Glover, for instance. If he was ever nominated for an Oscar, rather than a Saturn, his career would be better, he'd have better roles and better opportunities to demonstrate his abilities with better surrounding talent, despite being a pain in the rear end. They're important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Maybe he is just an aspiring make-up artist who wants to work with one of the most famous actresses ever. Don't job-shame.

• Locked thread